Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD: Sami's Secret Baby Plan; Article Summary
Topic Started: Dec 17 2008, 11:26 AM (2,118 Views)
Ellie

Please link to DR:

This week's SOD includes an interview with Ali Sweeney, where she discusses Sami's upcoming story.

Sami asks Rafe if he thinks the convent would be a good place for her baby. Rafe says "don't tell me you're thinking that" and asks her where she got the idea. Sami tells Rafe that Rafe is the one who told her about it.

Sweeney explains that Sami doesn't plan on permanently giving away the baby. Sami just wants to leave the baby there "to make it seem like it's not hers" and to "take the pressure off the situation". It's a temporary plan, and Sami just wants the convent to hold the baby until she figures out what to do and how to bring the baby back to Salem.

Sami wants to keep this baby a secret because, as Sweeney explains, "Stefano has made it clear that this is the next generation of DiMeras, and Sami was raised a Brady", and that Sami already has a child "who she has to fight for", and that Sami is so afraid for Johnny. Sami knows that EJ is willing to let Stefano be involved in the children's lives, and she doesn't want that for the new baby.

Rafe won't let Sami go to the church, and he tells her it's too dangerous. Sami sees the DiMeras as more of a threat than the killer, since Rafe will protect her from the killer. Sweeney explains that Sami is determined to carry out her plan, despite Rafe's warnings, because "it's the best plan she has and she has to go with it."
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

mbdimera
Member Avatar

Thanks Ellie. :)

It makes me feel marginally better that this plan of Sami's is temporary. No way would Sami give up one of her kids permanently.

Ponz
Member Avatar

Thanks, Ellie.

six
Member Avatar

Thanks.

cjknick
Member Avatar

Thanks Ellie .... sounds a bit like Colleen, Colleen left Ryan (John) and was planning on going back to get him when things got better and John ended up adopted ... So I guess we are going to have a repeat of the Colleen s/l - in this case my guess is Nicole ends up with Sami and EJ's baby and we will all know it ... Sami will go back for the baby discover the baby was adopted and she and Rafe will try to figure out where the baby is - only to discover that Nicole and EJ's baby is actually Sami and EJ's baby.... how predictable!

FanODays

Nicole is so going to end up with Sami's baby, not on purpose though meaning her baby will be raised a DiMera anyway.

doolcrazy
Member Avatar

I too thought it sounded like the Colleen story revisited but who knows. We all know when Sami gets a bee in her bonnet someone is going to get stung as she is relentless about getting her own way. Thanks for the post.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Thanks Ellie. This is so not the way I wanted the story to go.

Nicole Walker

Totally backwards.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

It wouldn't be so bad if they weren't blatantly ripping themselves off. So, what's next? Sami pretends to jump off a cliff?
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Hmm...glad they are playing it as Sami only using this as a temporary fix. It makes a big better IMO.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

I do like she doesn't plan on giving up the baby, but this whole thing is still stupid.

Thanks Ellie!

Nicole Walker

I have a question. Sami doesn't trust EJ to protect thier kids so what kind of future could they have? And what does that say about their relationship or lack thereof? This storyline is dumb.

Alligato
Member Avatar

Why doesn't she just have the baby in WP, and bring it back to Salem saying she adopted it while undercover in WP...she was placed in an orphanage as a cover? Who would know, really? And they would believer her.

It is silly for me to see any hope in Ejami when Sami is doing this to EJ. You don't love a man you are scared of and don't trust. Why does Rafe say she loves EJ? You don't keep a baby from the man you love, especially when you know he is a good father.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

This is so dumb. The convent is not foster care. Who does she think she is just dropping off some kid there and expecting them to care and hold it for a while until the coast is clear? Sami giving up the baby temporarily makes even less sense to me than her giving it up for good.

It's also annoying that this sudden fear of the DiMeras came out of nowhere without having been triggered by any particular event as far as I can tell.

Beth
Member Avatar

I agree with everyone else. An orphanage isn't day care. This story idea is stupid. Sami is impulsive though. I would have expected her to come up with another explaination like the baby belongs to Rafe and she is helping him take care of it because his girlfriend/wife died or something. Then she could keep the baby with her. Rafe would be forced to help her and that would help move the story of them along.

cassie1013

This story is SO predictable!

cassie1013

Beth
Dec 17 2008, 03:48 PM
I agree with everyone else. An orphanage isn't day care. This story idea is stupid. Sami is impulsive though. I would have expected her to come up with another explaination like the baby belongs to Rafe and she is helping him take care of it because his girlfriend/wife died or something. Then she could keep the baby with her. Rafe would be forced to help her and that would help move the story of them along.
That would have been more shocking (and thus more entertaining).

DolceDiMera
Member Avatar

I guess Sami has forgotten all about her other kid, Allie, huh?

faithloveright
Member Avatar

I think that Sami has not forgotten about Ali, she just isn't worried about Ali, since she is now out of the Dimera household, and since she is Lucus's daughter, Stephano isn't going to make any sort of play for her. Her worries are for her kids with EJ. She admitted today that it makes her sad that EJ can never know about the baby..... it isn't that she doesn't trust EJ. She doesn't trust Stephano, and EJ has already proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that he is not only willing to let the old man be part of the kids' lives, he plans on LIVING with the kids in DIMANSION with dear old daddy. She's already scared for Johnny after Stephano left the pheonix rattle in the stroller with him when she found him in the GRAVEYARD (understandably)... and when he made it clear that he plans on molding him and any future kiddos that she and EJ might share after his own image, he really frightened her.... and then she saw that murder on his front door step almost immediately thereafter.... HELL... I'd be scared for my unborn baby too if it were me!!!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply