Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOW: Nicole threatens to kill Dr Baker
Topic Started: Dec 17 2008, 11:38 AM (985 Views)
Jonatha

Please link to DR:

Nicole is pushed over the edge this week as EJ's lingering feelings and Dr Baker's blackmail get to her.

"Nicole is completely desperate," says Arianne Zucker (Nicole).

When Dr Baker shows up at the mansion unexpectedly to get the cash he's been told he will receive for keeping quiet, EJ walks in and is surprised to see him. Nicole manages to wiggle out of the situation by telling a flat out lie: The doc showed up to ease EJ's concerns about her checkup.

Nicole gets Dr Baker alone and he turns the heat up on her. He says if she doesn't pay him by tomorrow the charade is over. In true Nicole fashion, she begs him not to tell EJ. Zucker says even though Nicole doesn't have the money she desperate to buy some time.

She goes into panic mode and calls Brady to the mansion asking him to lend her a million dollars to use as the payoff money. Brady is stunned with her request and says no. Nicole then goes around the mansion and finds an expensive looking vase. Then she calls Dr Baker and asks if he would take the vase as a down payment. He agrees for the moment and Nicole feels a little better because now she has some time to figure out a different plan of attack.

But her brief relief resolves when Roman and Rafe show up with Allie to arrange a web cam chat between Sami and her twins. EJ is very affected by this and Nicole can't help but notice. "Here comes Sami back into the picture," sighs Zucker. "Can things get any worse?"

Oh yes they can. Determined to keep Dr Baker from telling EJ she is no longer pregnant Nicole calls him and threatens to kill him. "She's so frustrated, that's what comes out of her mouth, she's desperate," Zucker says.

She later follows up by paying the doctor a visit still trying to persuade him to lie for her and stalling for time. "She has to find a baby," Zucker says. It's becoming a obsession."

Dr Baker again refuses to help her and she finds his cell phone and sees that it mostly contains women's names and numbers. Nicole thinks they must be prostitutes and now she has something to blackmail him with.

Nicole secretly meets with one of the women whose name in on his cell phone and she finds the woman is a pregnant teenager. "Nicole finds out Dr Baker is a baby broker," Zucker gasps. "She's got something on him now. She's one-upped him. He'll have to keep his mouth shut."

And there's also a bonus to Nicole's revelation: "Since Dr Baker is a baby broker he can help her find a baby to take the place of the child she lost."

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Sounds good.

I'm pleased with how the story is building. Nicole is doing more and more to keep her secret and it's getting out of control. It's about time we had a story like this.

Alligato
Member Avatar

I like how it is getting out of control, but since it doesn't seem to be ending any time soon, I am kind of getting annoyed with it.

Doesn't Nicole recognize Rafe as the cable guy??

Hate the term "baby broker". WTF! It has always annoyed me how Days uses children/infants as plot points. Let's go through all this trouble to have a baby, then either ship them off to sitters we never see (Johnny/Ali/Ciara/Joe/Sami baby4) or kill them off (Zach/Chelsea/Nicolebaby).

Can't wait til pregnant women in Salem are no more.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Alligato
Dec 17 2008, 01:59 PM
I like how it is getting out of control, but since it doesn't seem to be ending any time soon, I am kind of getting annoyed with it.

Doesn't Nicole recognize Rafe as the cable guy??

Hate the term "baby broker". WTF! It has always annoyed me how Days uses children/infants as plot points. Let's go through all this trouble to have a baby, then either ship them off to sitters we never see (Johnny/Ali/Ciara/Joe/Sami baby4) or kill them off (Zach/Chelsea/Nicolebaby).

Can't wait til pregnant women in Salem are no more.
I don't think Rafe sees Nicole. I think that part of this was worded wrong but who knows.

I wouldn't want this to end anytime soon. It would be too rushed. I want them to build it up to a big payoff during sweeps. It builds investment that way. The show hasn't had a long-term story like this in a long time and it's needed.

Besides, it makes Nicole's fall much harder and it will devastate EJ more and send him spiraling out of control and probably back to being a dark character again.

cjknick
Member Avatar

Thanks Jonatha!

Do you think it is Lucas not Rafe that comes to the mansion with Allie - that would make more sense .... Rafe is supposed to be undercover and to show up at the mansion where both Mary and Nicole saw him would blow his cover for sure!
Edited by cjknick, Dec 17 2008, 03:58 PM.

Beth
Member Avatar

This sounds pretty good. I hope Nicole doesn't end up with Sami's baby. I hope Rafe ends up helping her keep this baby a secret.

pspcindy
Member Avatar

Thanks Jonny!

So this is love? Hmmm.

I'm ready for some dark EJ. Pansy, dumb as a rock EJ is a bore.

Alligato
Member Avatar

Also, if I were Nicole and found out that my doctor was a baby broker, I would scream bloody murder and demand to see my dead baby! Come on, Nicole!

I look forward to both EJ AND Nicole becoming a bit more saavy and bad ass! They do it better than anyone else, and it is painful when they are anything less.

cjknick
Member Avatar

Alligato
Dec 17 2008, 04:50 PM
Also, if I were Nicole and found out that my doctor was a baby broker, I would scream bloody murder and demand to see my dead baby! Come on, Nicole!

I look forward to both EJ AND Nicole becoming a bit more saavy and bad ass! They do it better than anyone else, and it is painful when they are anything less.
Nicole was only 20 weeks along - there is no way the baby could have survived and if it did - it would be such a preemie weighing only ounces that it would require so much medical intervention and would probably have major problems, months and months in the hospital ... not the kind of baby a broker would want!

Alligato
Member Avatar

Um, if John can flatline in front of his family after a debilitating car accident and Rolf can bring him back from the dead with nary a scar, Nicole's baby can be alive.
It's a long shot, but when has reality ever been a part of Days. I would still demand to see my dead baby from a baby broker. Its the way of "non-trusting authority" people.

And from what I have read from these Winter spoilers, I don't believe Nicole's baby is alive...but it would explain alot of Stefano's comments.

Jonatha

cjknick
Dec 17 2008, 03:27 PM
Thanks Jonatha!

Do you think it is Lucas not Rafe that comes to the mansion with Allie - that would make more sense .... Rafe is supposed to be undercover and to show up at the mansion where both Mary and Nicole saw him would blow his cover for sure!
The articles says Rafe and Roman show up to set up the web cam for Sami to see her children. :shrug:

cjknick
Member Avatar

Jonatha
Dec 17 2008, 06:00 PM
cjknick
Thanks Jonatha!

The articles says Rafe and Roman show up to set up the web cam for Sami to see her children. :shrug:
Do you think the article was wrong - does it make sense to you? Perhaps Rafe is setting it up in the loft and Roman is setting it up in the mansion ....

Jonatha

cjknick
Dec 17 2008, 06:14 PM
Jonatha
Dec 17 2008, 06:00 PM
cjknick
Thanks Jonatha!

Do you think the article was wrong - does it make sense to you? Perhaps Rafe is setting it up in the loft and Roman is setting it up in the mansion ....
CJ, here's the sentence as worded:

"But Nicole's relief dissolves when Roman and Rafe show up with Allie and arrange a Webcam chat between Sami and her twins."

I think it could be a typo, I guess we'll have to wait and see how it plays out.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply