Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOW: Higley Previews 2009
Topic Started: Dec 17 2008, 12:00 PM (7,977 Views)
Mason

The void you're talking about is good writing, LoL.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kenny
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Dec 17 2008, 01:27 PM
Quote:

*Kate will have to choose between two of Salem's most powerful men.

Now this interests me ALOT. It has to be Stefano and Victor. I can't see who else even qualifies.
Higley probably considers Daniel to be one of Salem's most powerful men, LoL.

Really though, I'm not too interested in Kate/Victor. They're best as ex's. I'll take a Stefano/Kate/Tony triangle though! Maybe a little jealous Anna in the mix would be fun, as well. Or maybe Kate/Stefano/Vivian. Lots of possibilities could be explored, and I'm sure that Higley will ignore all of them.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

hops
Member Avatar

Mason
Dec 18 2008, 01:37 AM
The void you're talking about is good writing, LoL.
and not one couple that actually really cares about each other. So what if there are a few random pairings that have some kind of story, none of them actually care deeply for each other. Everyone knows Chloe will be thinking about Dan even if she makes it down the aisle with Lucas. EJ and Nicole don't trust each other, they have no warmth, it's all sterile. There, I found the word I was looking for, lol. Days is sterile.
Edited by hops, Dec 18 2008, 01:44 AM.

Kenny
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Dec 18 2008, 01:34 AM
I'm still not seeing the random pairings.
Daniel/Chelsea
Daniel/Kate
Daniel/Chloe
Chloe/Phillip
Chloe/Lucas
Shawn/Belle
Belle/Phillip
Shawn/Chloe
John/Marlena
John/Ava
EJ/Nicole
Nicole/Brady
Sami/Rafe
Sami/Lucas
Sami/EJ
Max/Stephanie
Max/Chelsea
Stephanie/Phillip
Phillip/Melanie
Melanie/Nick

These pairings have all either happened or been seriously flirted with over the last year. It's difficult to keep track. None of the pairings mean anything anymore... none of them feel special. It just feels like Higley is throwing anything and everything at the wall to see what sticks and what doesn't.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Kenny
Dec 18 2008, 01:39 AM
PhoenixRising05
Dec 17 2008, 01:27 PM
Quote:

*Kate will have to choose between two of Salem's most powerful men.

Now this interests me ALOT. It has to be Stefano and Victor. I can't see who else even qualifies.
Higley probably considers Daniel to be one of Salem's most powerful men, LoL.

Really though, I'm not too interested in Kate/Victor. They're best as ex's. I'll take a Stefano/Kate/Tony triangle though! Maybe a little jealous Anna in the mix would be fun, as well. Or maybe Kate/Stefano/Vivian. Lots of possibilities could be explored, and I'm sure that Higley will ignore all of them.
Well, they were going with Kate/Tony/Anna but it got dropped. I still think Thaoo and LeAnn were gone. Thaoo's contract was up, they got married offscreen...the signs were there. I think his Emmy nod saved him.

I never thought of this but it could be Tony and not Victor. I get what you mean about Victor and Kate. I would like to see them interact more though. I'm fascinated by the idea of Tony and Stefano both being involved with Kate. I don't think Anna will be involved. I'm surprised the show has even kept her. I love LeAnn dearly and Anna but it's clear they have no desire to use her and I would actually accept letting her go despite all that just to see Tony/Kate/Stefano.

Kenny
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Dec 18 2008, 01:36 AM
I will admit that it seems like Days is missing something. I'm not sure if it's Martha or someone else but I feel like there is a void and it's not just because J&M are leaving and the vets aren't getting play. I, personally, can't put my finger on it for myself but I know it's there.
The show feels like it's missing its center -- its heart. Days doesn't feel like Days to me anymore.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Kenny
Dec 18 2008, 01:45 AM
PhoenixRising05
Daniel/Chelsea
Daniel/Kate
Daniel/Chloe
Chloe/Phillip
Chloe/Lucas
Shawn/Belle
Belle/Phillip
Shawn/Chloe
John/Marlena
John/Ava
EJ/Nicole
Nicole/Brady
Sami/Rafe
Sami/Lucas
Sami/EJ
Max/Stephanie
Max/Chelsea
Stephanie/Phillip
Phillip/Melanie
Melanie/Nick

These pairings have all either happened or been seriously flirted with over the last year. It's difficult to keep track. None of the pairings mean anything anymore... none of them feel special. It just feels like Higley is throwing anything and everything at the wall to see what sticks and what doesn't.
Not to sound like a broken record but that is what happens when you have backstage clashing going on. Too many people want different directions.

I also don't see a good many of them as random. I hated Chelsea/Dan but there was buildup. Daniel/Kate was out of the blue for sure, as was Lucas/Chloe and John/Ava. I will give you those, regardless of why they happened.

Belle and Philip and Shawn and Chloe had buildup and were under Hogan so I have no idea why you listed them LOL. Why you listed Shawn/Belle, John/Marlena, and Philip/Chloe is beyond me either. These pairings were established. Nothing random at all about them. Hell, even Stax was established and had a ton of buildup and Chelsea/Max and Nicole/Brady share a past relationship. Nicole and Brady aren't even a couple so why are they on there LOL. Sami/EJ and Sami/Lucas were established under Hogan. What is random about those?

EJ/Nicole had a ton of buildup. Nearly half the year. Nick/Melanie wasn't really a pairing. It went nowhere. Philip/Melanie was random so you get points there.

The only partner switching was really involving Philip/Chloe/Lucas and Chelsea/Kate/Dan and Chelsea never even slept with Dan. I don't see anything else random at all, at least in terms of actual couples and not just interactions.

Maybe I need clarification...are you talking about chemistry testing? Because if you are, I can understand what your saying because there has been alot of that. There are reasons for it, as I mentioned, but it still happened and was annoying. If that isn't what your talking about, then I don't get it LOL.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Kenny
Dec 18 2008, 01:47 AM
PhoenixRising05
I will admit that it seems like Days is missing something. I'm not sure if it's Martha or someone else but I feel like there is a void and it's not just because J&M are leaving and the vets aren't getting play. I, personally, can't put my finger on it for myself but I know it's there.
The show feels like it's missing its center -- its heart. Days doesn't feel like Days to me anymore.
Well, I know you and others feel that way. I don't and maybe it's because I've been though shit like this before. I guess everyone has their own limits.

I can't say your wrong to feel that way. Nobody is, really.

Tammy
Member Avatar

Kenny
Dec 18 2008, 01:24 AM
These people are jumping from person to person so fast, I think I'm getting whiplash. It's hard to even keep track!
Nevermind whiplash lol... I could catch a STD from watching all these musical partners :x

marisol40

Quote:

That's exactly it Kenny. It's a hollow shell of what it once was.

e83talus
Member Avatar

Tammy
Dec 18 2008, 02:08 AM
Kenny
Dec 18 2008, 01:24 AM
These people are jumping from person to person so fast, I think I'm getting whiplash. It's hard to even keep track!
Nevermind whiplash lol... I could catch a STD from watching all these musical partners :x
I just literally fell out of bed on this post. :lol:

six
Member Avatar

Kenny
Dec 18 2008, 01:45 AM
PhoenixRising05
Daniel/Chelsea
Daniel/Kate
Daniel/Chloe
Chloe/Phillip
Chloe/Lucas
Shawn/Belle
Belle/Phillip
Shawn/Chloe
John/Marlena
John/Ava
EJ/Nicole
Nicole/Brady
Sami/Rafe
Sami/Lucas
Sami/EJ
Max/Stephanie
Max/Chelsea
Stephanie/Phillip
Phillip/Melanie
Melanie/Nick

Don't forget Morgan with Philip, Max and Nick, and Daniel with Lexie (eating cream cheese off her nose etc.)

King
Member Avatar

I am finally catching up on DAYS!!! LOL!

After seven months! I didn't know where else to put it.....

The first episode I started with is November 21st, I think. The one with Melanie going over the balcony.

I watched about five episodes so far. It's honestly NOT as bad as I have read online, although I don't doubt it was in the summertime.

Shelly Hennig has really improved, I think. When she was blasting Melanie, I was like..."Dayum. This is actually convincing!"

The show isn't bad. It just doesn't feel like DAYS b/c there's nothing insane going on.

King
Member Avatar

Oh, the random pairings were SUCH a cluster fuck. I think they've gotten a grip on it though. I don't know how you guys sat through it. I am glad I did not.

Oh, Galen Gering...go AWAY. You can't act and you never will be able to! LOL.

Days4Life

Kenny
Dec 18 2008, 01:47 AM
PhoenixRising05
Unfortunately, I have to agree. I'm still watching because it's a decades long habit, but there's very little that interests me. DAYS was always a show that had a lot of traditional values--home, family, love, romance, commitment--and that's why I stuck with it when I gave up all the other soaps years ago. But now it feels stupid and sleazy and cold and sterile, and I barely recognize the show any more. I'm sticking with it because I always have hope that it will improve, but it's getting more and more difficult to sustain that hope. I could count on one hand the number of characters I care about right now...and none of them are in a decent storyline.

Someone earlier mentioned the "sweethearts" of the show, characters like Jennifer and Carrie and Belle. We have no one like that any more. Instead we have Chelsea, Stephanie and Melanie--none of which qualify. We used to have great young vixens like Eve and Sami, but now we have Melanie, a new character who a lot of people despise. Remember the great villiains and villainesses of the past, like Lawrence Alamain, Kristen, Vivian, Victor? Now Victor is barely on, Stefano's character is all over the place, EJ has been dumbed down, and Philip is too busy chasing interns to explore his true Kiriakis nature. Sami has been destroyed and replaced by Nicole, who I personally think is showing signs of character destruction at this point, mainly because part of the story is too rushed--example: the lack of any kind of personal insight when Brady exposed the young girl's scam--and part of it is dragging on too long. I don't understand why none of the people running this show can truly understand what the problems are, when it's so readily apparent to anyone who has watched it for any period of time.

The heart is mostly gone. And without it, what's to make us care enough to tune in five days a week?

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

King
Dec 18 2008, 12:52 PM
I am finally catching up on DAYS!!! LOL!

After seven months! I didn't know where else to put it.....

The first episode I started with is November 21st, I think. The one with Melanie going over the balcony.

I watched about five episodes so far. It's honestly NOT as bad as I have read online, although I don't doubt it was in the summertime.

Shelly Hennig has really improved, I think. When she was blasting Melanie, I was like..."Dayum. This is actually convincing!"

The show isn't bad. It just doesn't feel like DAYS b/c there's nothing insane going on.
Glad you are finally catching up! That was a pretty good week to start with too.

I still see the core values of the show...family, tradition, etc. I just think the show is changing at the same time in terms of who it's focusing on and many aren't used to that. For so long, the focus has been on the same people and now people who were leads for so long are supporting. Every show has to change. Days has done this before. Will it work in the end? Have no clue but it's long past time they made changes like this. There is no way every fan will stick around but I think they know that and have accepted it. They needed to ages ago. They had no problem pushing fans away in the 90's with JER's writing. New fans replaced those fans and it worked out. They will have to trust in that again here. They have nothing to lose at this point. Soaps, in general, are fucked so they may as well try something to keep themselves going, even if it is risky. If it fails, they are likely done but they are already in danger to begin with so why not.

Part of the problem too is the show has been in constant states of transition for a few years now. It needs major stability. Figure out the writing team and stick with it. Cut who you have to and stick with it. Determine who your couples/triangles are and what your stories are and stick with them. No more clashing or letting actors get their way or changing story mind-stream or whatever. Get consistent, pick direction, and let's see where things go.
Edited by PhoenixRising05, Dec 18 2008, 01:18 PM.

King
Member Avatar

I agree. I am actually shocked with how well Higley is dealing with the Nick stuff. All of the Maggie. The Hope/Nick mentions. Maggie turning to Marlena.

This things would all actually happen if the story were to play out in the hands of a good writer. LOL.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

^So, you saw the Maggie/Marlena scenes?

Those were awful. Many people took issue with how cold Marlena was in those scenes and I even bashed them LOL.

I did not like the way the Nick story left Nick in the end and the hated the way it came together but the climax of the murder story and basically the whole month of November was very good and handled well overall.

King
Member Avatar

Maggie is talking to Marlena right now as I type.

Dee's acting has really gotten pitiful. I mean, in the scenes she was getting attacked...she was horrible!! Don't blast me, Dee fans! Haha.

I don't know. I think Marlena is acting herself. She's only really warm towards John and Belle, IMO.

King
Member Avatar

Suzanne Rogers is OUTSTANDING!

"I don't like her (Melanie.) I DON'T LIKE HER!!!!"

Diva! That's make two of us, Mags.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply