Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS:Spoilers for week of January 5th; *UPDATED 12/30*
Topic Started: Dec 17 2008, 03:03 PM (12,261 Views)
carlypvee

Thanks for posting Angie.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

ericfan400

Jillybean
Dec 19 2008, 12:19 PM
So, Dr. Pervy gets all hot and bothered feeling Chloe up as he examines her before surgery. Then helps her get dressed for her engagement party to Lucas....and wants to discuss their "relationship"....did I miss the memo, what relationship? What is it about that pervert that makes women swoon? I think he is a dirty disgusting doctor who should lose his license.
Yes, what relationship. :drunk: :puke: :drunk: :drunk:

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

He needs a sense of self-control. All he has done since he walked in here is go after all these older/unavailable women. Chloe and Lucas' engagement will happen, but the wedding definitely won't. Chloe is definitely joining the line of women craving Dr. Daniel.

Emma Frost
Member Avatar

Alligato
Dec 18 2008, 10:15 PM
^ just chiming in to agree here. I have a few favorite new couples and looking forward to this possible Kate/Victor/Stefano story, but really I feel like I need to play it cool and just roll with whatever because it is hard to get attached then to have it trashed.

In case I don't tell you enough, thanks Angie for bringing us the goods! Muchas gracias!
ICA! I'm very intrigued with a Victor/Kate/Stefano triangle. However, I don't want to get my hopes up or even have hopes.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Alligato
Dec 18 2008, 10:15 PM
^ just chiming in to agree here. I have a few favorite new couples and looking forward to this possible Kate/Victor/Stefano story, but really I feel like I need to play it cool and just roll with whatever because it is hard to get attached then to have it trashed.

In case I don't tell you enough, thanks Angie for bringing us the goods! Muchas gracias!
That's one of the reasons I'm not a fangirl, Alligato. ;) I count the days til J&M are gone, but other than that, I just take it one day at a time. Any couple that I tend to like, I think I'm going to say "Aw, aren't they cute and adorable. I'd better enjoy it while I can." If I don't like the couple, I can say, "Oh, well, they'll be gone or with someone else pretty soon".
So, really, now I just enjoy the small moments I get and just not worry too much about them making sense, LOL.

nukelove

Sound really good, but why would Sami just leave Rafe,when he obviously needs someone to look after him,after all he has done for her?! Where is your loyalty,Sami? The man is probably dying and he needs you! If Nicole does not tell the truth or get caught in her lies soon, I will never respect E.J. again for being so blind to her scheme, and I used to LOVE E.J.! Come on,E.J., she is not that crafty and you are not that stupid. You are Stefano's son. Act like it!

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

nukelove
Dec 21 2008, 10:38 PM
Sound really good, but why would Sami just leave Rafe,when he obviously needs someone to look after him,after all he has done for her?! Where is your loyalty,Sami? The man is probably dying and he needs you! If Nicole does not tell the truth or get caught in her lies soon, I will never respect E.J. again for being so blind to her scheme, and I used to LOVE E.J.! Come on,E.J., she is not that crafty and you are not that stupid. You are Stefano's son. Act like it!
Actually, this is pretty classic Sami. Sami comes first, then she might go back and check on Rafe. As it is, remember, Sami is the one who, as Stan, tried to get John hooked on drugs again. She drugged Austin to sleep with him. She gave Hilda knock-out pills. She isn't going to think Rafe's condition life-threatening...only as an opportunity to finally get done what she wants done. If this will eliminate the shrieking and the whining and the scrunched-up face crying, I'm all for it!

Ellie

ladyofthelake
Dec 22 2008, 08:34 AM
nukelove
Actually, this is pretty classic Sami. Sami comes first, then she might go back and check on Rafe. As it is, remember, Sami is the one who, as Stan, tried to get John hooked on drugs again. She drugged Austin to sleep with him. She gave Hilda knock-out pills. She isn't going to think Rafe's condition life-threatening...only as an opportunity to finally get done what she wants done. If this will eliminate the shrieking and the whining and the scrunched-up face crying, I'm all for it!
I agree with you about this being "classic Sami", but I think the problem with the writing is not how they're writing Sami now, but how they've written her in the past which would leave viewers to question why Sami would take advantage of someone else's medical problems now. I dislike so many things about Sami's character, but near the top of that list is how the writers continuously flip-flop on whether she's "good Sami" or "bad Sami". Which is it? I'm not even talking about a switch in Sami's character from one writer to another, though that has happened; the problem here is that Higley herself seems confused on the issue. I think one reason the Sami/Rafe story is so terrible is that Sami is being written two ways within the same story.

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

Ellie
Dec 22 2008, 10:44 AM
I agree with you about this being "classic Sami", but I think the problem with the writing is not how they're writing Sami now, but how they've written her in the past which would leave viewers to question why Sami would take advantage of someone else's medical problems now. I dislike so many things about Sami's character, but near the top of that list is how the writers continuously flip-flop on whether she's "good Sami" or "bad Sami". Which is it? I'm not even talking about a switch in Sami's character from one writer to another, though that has happened; the problem here is that Higley herself seems confused on the issue. I think one reason the Sami/Rafe story is so terrible is that Sami is being written two ways within the same story.
Exactly. Sami's been written so erratically for so long now and none of her motivations make any sense. Just my luck that the show didn't take advantage of the golden opportunity to have her off canvas for a nice long while. She got so whitewashed under Hogan, plus I spent those two years listening to how much she loved Lucas, that nothing she does now makes ANY sense. Plus IMO Sweeney is simply not talented enough of an actress to handle the change in how her character was written after all those years. She has a comfort zone and she's not very good stepping out of it, at least not in romantic situations. She's fine in non-romantic scenes, usually, even this year when I've generally found her intolerable--she worked well with Hilda, Rolf, John and Lucas during the time they were discussing her pregnancy (though not before, IMO). But I simply do not buy any scene where I'm supposed to believe a man is attracted to her and vice versa. Particularly now, when Rafe's attraction to her when she's an eleven month pregnant toddler is, to me, inexplicable.

Ellie

^ LOL! Great post!! I feel like quoting each sentence and saying "ITA". The only sentence in your post where I have a slightly different view is about the scenes where Ali did well. I thought she did ok this year was when Sami and EJ were discussing going to the lawyer's office - I think those two do back-and-forth conversation well, like they have sort of a good "conversational chemistry". But other than that, I really didn't like Ali's acting at all. Either way, I completely agree with the rest of what you're saying.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Ellie
Dec 22 2008, 10:44 AM
ladyofthelake
Dec 22 2008, 08:34 AM
nukelove
Good point, Ellie! I think I'm trying to phase out the Sami of the past couple of years and remember Sami the way she should be.
Edited by ladyofthelake, Dec 22 2008, 08:24 PM.

biggirl79

Sami is stupid. Stefano is not after Johnny. She needs to let Ej marry Nicole and then let him know about the other baby. That will hurt him a lot. Then that will throw a wrench in Nicole's plans. She do not need to give up her baby.
Edited by biggirl79, Dec 22 2008, 11:07 PM.

wanderoze
Member Avatar

Sindacco
Dec 17 2008, 03:21 PM

What the fuck is wrong with Sami? She's like a little baby that runs out when she's not allowed. Why did she go to a safehouse if she's not gonna take it serious? WORST CHARACTER IN THE SHOWS HISTORY!
Gotta agree with you there. I can only wish the killer would actually catch her and put us out of our misery.

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

I have to ask, who exactly knows that Sami is pregnant. Lucas, I know of and obviously Rafe. Who else?

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Jinxie
Dec 23 2008, 06:58 PM
I have to ask, who exactly knows that Sami is pregnant. Lucas, I know of and obviously Rafe. Who else?
Chloe knows too. I think that is it though.

Ellie

^ The pickle manufacturers? jk. Can't think of anyone else.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Ellie
Dec 23 2008, 06:59 PM
^ The pickle manufacturers? jk. Can't think of anyone else.
Word needs to get out to buy stock in Vlasic!! :D

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

Oh yeah, Chloe! I don't know long she's planning to hide this. She doesn't want EJ's baby, while Nicole does! Seriously, Nicole should just kidnap Sami's child.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

CDN TV Guide spoilers

Monday
Sami tends to a sick Rafe; EJ confronts Nicole about disappearing on New Year's Eve; Stephanie makes a discovery about Melanie.

Tuesday
Bo's premonition comes true when Theo is suddenly rushed to the emergency room after a bad fall; Nicole begs Dr. Baker to release the name and address of the girl who wnated to give up her baby.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

A discovery about Melanie? Sounds intriguing. Hope it IS intriguing.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Learn More · Sign-up Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply