Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Jason47's Tribute: Dee & Drake Through The Years
Topic Started: Dec 17 2008, 06:11 PM (849 Views)
Jason47
Member Avatar

Jason47's Tribute: Deidre Hall & Drake Hogestyn Through The Years

Take a step back in time and check out pictures, scripts, interviews and more from Dee & Drake's time on "Days" from 1976-present.

http://www.jason47.com/days/deedrakeindex.html
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

jules

Thank you Jason :) Love looking at all those gorgeous covers.

doolcrazy
Member Avatar

Fantastic Jason. Thank you so much for doing this. I have loved Marlena since she came on the show and then John when he arrived. So many wonderful memories and I get tearey eyedd thinking of them being taken from us. :rockon:

jmfan91
Member Avatar

LOVE it! Thank you so much for putting this together, Jason. :)
Edited by jmfan91, Dec 17 2008, 07:49 PM.

e83talus
Member Avatar

Very nice memories. Thanks Jason. :rockon:

hops
Member Avatar

Thank you Jason!! Much appreciated. I love the cover from '86. It's one of my favourites.
Edited by hops, Dec 17 2008, 10:58 PM.

jmluv

Thanks Jason :)

Kenny
Member Avatar

LMAO @ this cover.

Posted Image

"The Plan to Save Days #24,938! Salem will bloom again!"

Oh, Days...

hops
Member Avatar

Kenny
Dec 18 2008, 12:11 AM
LMAO @ this cover.

Posted Image

Oh, Days...
It's nearly pathetic, lol. There were at least that many covers. And Ken Corday was right in there with the same old story, which by the way never ended up on screen, because if half of it did, they wouldn't have had so many of these covers, lol.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

hops
Dec 18 2008, 12:28 AM
Kenny
Dec 18 2008, 12:11 AM
LMAO @ this cover.

Posted Image

Oh, Days...
It's nearly pathetic, lol. There were at least that many covers. And Ken Corday was right in there with the same old story, which by the way never ended up on screen, because if half of it did, they wouldn't have had so many of these covers, lol.
It really is and it's sad how many times the show had those covers and it never really added up to anything. I've seen GH and Y&R have covers like that once in awhile (actually, Y&R only once from what I recall) but Days has had them a ton. I wonder if they even notice how often they have done it and if they wonder why they've had to do those kind of interviews over and over. Hell, they even did them as far back as 1993 (that John/Marlena/Roman cover discusses big changes with the show's storytelling...I wish I could actually get my hands on that story to see what it entailed to compare it to now). They would have to be morons not to notice how often they've done this...oh wait...Corday :laugh: .

Thanks for this Jason. It's wonderful. Lots of memories. I especially remember Marlena's "death," her return in 1991, John/Marlena/Roman, the affair (one of my favorite stories), and I think John's "death" was their best story in terms of raw emotion and intensity since the affair so that is a favorite memory of mine too. I'm at peace with it but it will be surreal when they go, especially Deidre.

Jason47
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05: I scanned that 6/22/93 interview you wanted to see, as well as a 3/11/97 one from Ken Corday. You can see them here: http://www.jason47.com/days/scans.html
Edited by Jason47, Dec 18 2008, 02:37 PM.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Jason47
Dec 18 2008, 02:36 PM
PhoenixRising05: I scanned that 6/22/93 interview you wanted to see, as well as a 3/11/97 one from Ken Corday. You can see them here: http://www.jason47.com/days/scans.html
AWESOME!

Thanks so much, Jason. Your amazing! :smile: .

After reading that article, it's funny how the situation Days was in mirrors the situation it's in now only it had to cut some major players rather then just losing them. I think the plan outlined in that article is what the show is attempting to do now and what is needed for the show to move on. They did it in the 80's and they have to do it here and I loved Langan's line about moving away from the storytelling of the 80's. I like it but you can't box yourself in to a certain model anymore. Not when the audience has so many factions that want different things.

Also notice how Corday is nowhere to be found in the changes feature. It's Langan and Reilly and look how the show turned out. They had the same vision and were allowed to get that vision onscreen and the show took off. It's funny. Reilly and Langan worked amazing together but they sucked overall apart. It seems they balanced each other a bit.

I remember all that like it was yesterday. Days was so character-based and it was one of the few periods it veered away from supercouples and thought outside the box. Marlena infidelity (one of the best stories ever IMO), Bo/Carly. Bo/Billie, etc. I liked the line too about bring both old and new characters back and even recasting some previously mentioned ones. It's what they should do know. The show has lost heavy hitters in the past and usually followed a plan like this afterwards to stabilize. Time to do it again. Belle, Shawn. Carrie, Jack, maybe some more children of some beloved characters, recast some previous characters (Mike Horton, etc)...there is many ideas. That is the way to go IMO and there are ways to work all that within the budget.

Someone should send this article to Corday and tell him that this worked before and it would work again. This is the kind of plan the show should follow, with the key focal point being Corday staying out of it.
Edited by PhoenixRising05, Dec 18 2008, 10:09 PM.

Jiggs
Member Avatar

Thanks Jason!

2 users reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply