Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Storyline info from Sandra Robinson on BWR!
Topic Started: Dec 18 2008, 01:05 AM (5,032 Views)
Ellie

Sandra Robinson shared a little bit of storyline info tonight on Buzzworthy Radio!

- She said her character was the one used by the writers as a way to write out Drake and Deidre. She said she heard they had to get rid of the characters by a certain date, and she went up to the executive producer and said, as she put it, "How are you going to get rid of these two amazing actors who have been the face of the show for so many years? How can you possibly get rid of them?" She said the EP "apologetically" pointed to her and said, "You're how." She said she doesn't think her character is "particularly evil" (she stressed this a few times), but Charlotte does have some issues, because she's reached a really bad point in her life. Robinson related that Charlotte "goes through one of these periods in order to let these two characters leave." Charlotte is going to go through a phase where she's going to need some "caretaking... in order to get her head straight." She said that Charlotte's father's death and the way Charlotte is affected by it is what prompts this. Charlotte "kind of goes a little bit off the deep end" dealing with "childhood wounds" that she has to relive. She said psychiatrists sometimes have trouble dealing with their own lives while they're able to help everyone else, and she sees that in Charlotte.

- There is a possibility that she'll remain in Salem after John and Marlena leave; she said she doesn't know yet. But she acknowledged that there is an opening for a psychiatrist in Salem, and she said she'd be "more than happy" to be that person. She said playing a psychiatrist is a wonderful role for an actor, since their characters can speak brutally honestly to other characters. [My comment: The sense I got was that perhaps this question might be answered when we see the storyline, and she couldn't give it away. I could be completely wrong on that, but that was my first thought, and it fit with what she said. At one point she said something like "the writers had big plans for Charlotte, but" but then cut off her own sentence.]
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mason
Member Avatar

Would someone explain to me why exactly we're supposed to give a damn about Charlotte? LoL

Ellie

Oh and also, she said the show does read message boards! (Not that we didn't know that, lol.) She talked a little about the transition over the years from fan mail to message boards, and she said audience opinion is in large part monitored "on the internet".

Ellie

Mason
Dec 18 2008, 01:07 AM
Would someone explain to me why exactly we're supposed to give a damn about Charlotte? LoL
I agree!! I am incredulous that two longterm characters would be taken off the canvas by way of a character who has been there for weeks. It's hard to imagine a writing decision worse than that at this point.

Mason
Member Avatar

Ellie
Dec 18 2008, 01:08 AM
Oh and also, she said the show does read message boards! (Not that we didn't know that, lol.) She talked a little about the transition over the years from fan mail to message boards, and she said audience opinion is in large part monitored "on the internet".
Unfortunately, they just read the wrong ones!

Ellie

Mason
Dec 18 2008, 01:10 AM
Ellie
Haha I was like, what are they reading?? Seriously. So many stories lately (not just J&M) have been met with so much disapproval. Almost the entire "internet community" hates Dena Higley and what she's doing to the show. I have hardly seen any posts, Sami fans or not, who like Sami and Rafe. The list goes on and on. Yet they continue with the same terrible stories!

NavJLee8785
Member Avatar
Always the Panic Spreader

If you want to hear the show in her own words, download it at:

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/buzzworthyradio/2008/12/18/BuzzWorthy-Radio-Sandra-RobinsonFerguson

hops
Member Avatar

Mason
My sentiments exactly!

And speaking for myself, J&M have a few weeks left and it's going to all focus on Dr. Taylor instead of them (what little screen time they get)? I guess I shouldn't be too surprised. Whatever.

Ellie

NavJLee8785
Dec 18 2008, 01:13 AM
Whoops sorry Na'Vell, I meant to put the link in my post! Edited. :smile:

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Ellie
Dec 18 2008, 01:12 AM
Mason
Dec 18 2008, 01:10 AM
Ellie
Haha I was like, what are they reading?? Seriously. So many stories lately (not just J&M) have been met with so much disapproval. Almost the entire "internet community" hates Dena Higley and what she's doing to the show. I have hardly seen any posts, Sami fans or not, who like Sami and Rafe. The list goes on and on. Yet they continue with the same terrible stories!
They are reading the wrong boards. This is one of the biggest problems, as I've stated numerous times.

They look on NBC, primarily. It's too bad someone can't give them links to the right places to look. Maybe someone should but they probably still would fuck it up.

I like Sandra and it does sound like she may be sticking around, which I have no issue with. She gave up a bit too much detail for a character who is involved with two leaving cast members. Not to mention there is some major foreshadowing in her regard on tomorrow's episode.

I''m a bit miffed by the EP who told Sandra she was how they would write out J&M. That had to make her feel uncomfortable. I suspect that was Tomlin. I also find that using her to write them off is just lazy. I thought it would be more then that. I thought she would just be the catalyst and John did a good part of it on his own. You can tell the show is just down on J&M in general. They don't even care to put any effort into this at all. I'm ready for them to leave, sadly. It feels like ab albatross around the show's neck and it shouldn't be but the morons made it that way. I wish John had just stayed dead. Maybe something would've been different.

hops
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Dec 18 2008, 01:42 AM

I like Sandra and it does sound like she may be sticking around, which I have no issue with. She gave up a bit too much detail for a character who is involved with two leaving cast members. Not to mention there is some major foreshadowing in her regard on tomorrow's episode.

I''m a bit miffed by the EP who told Sandra she was how they would write out J&M. That had to make her feel uncomfortable. I suspect that was Tomlin. I also find that using her to write them off is just lazy. I thought it would be more then that. I thought she would just be the catalyst and John did a good part of it on his own. You can tell the show is just down on J&M in general. They don't even care to put any effort into this at all. I'm ready for them to leave, sadly. It feels like ab albatross around the show's neck and it shouldn't be but the morons made it that way. I wish John had just stayed dead. Maybe something would've been different.
I've seen tomorrow's show and the focus has already moved away from J&M and to Dr. Taylor. I really don't care about her or her grief. It just made me wish it was over already. And seeing the rest of the show, made me realize how unlikable all the couples are, because they don't really like each other, in any meaningful way.

As to John and Marlena being an albatross....the idiots in charge are the albatross. It's their (the writers and producers) fault that they have no imagination to end John and Marlena on a high note. It is a testament to just how much they care. Well, they got me, I don't care either, about Days that is. I must still care about John and Marlena or I wouldn't be here talking about them, lol.
Edited by hops, Dec 18 2008, 01:54 AM.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Mason
So in other words, John and Marlena's exit "story" is all about Charlotte? Thanks, Higley! :flipoff:

Thanks for getting the scoop, NaVell!

Ellie

Kenny
Dec 18 2008, 01:52 AM
So in other words, John and Marlena's exit "story" is all about Charlotte?
YES.

Mason
Member Avatar

Kenny
Mason
So in other words, John and Marlena's exit "story" is all about Charlotte? Thanks, Higley! :flipoff:
That's what it sounds like. What a way to add insult to injury. Bitch.

Jiggs
Member Avatar

Thanks Ellie! Leave it to Days to make J&M's exit all about some random nobody character that I could care less about. Gary Tomlin is a joke. So typical that they introduce a new character and make J&M's firing be all about HER. Fyou Days! :flipoff:

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

I may like Sandra and may not mind Charlotte staying, it is rude to begin progressing her as a character at J&M's expense. Very unfair. I can understand hinting at things but using them to propel her story when they are leaving in a month...yeah, very harsh and very disrespectful.

Jiggs
Member Avatar

Kenny
Mason

Thanks for getting the scoop, NaVell!
It's so typical of Days. Fire people and it's as though they stop existing, so of course their focus is using their demise to shove someone new down our throats. Corday could care less about satisfying long time loyal fans. Why anyone would want to be loyal to this show is beyond me.

Jiggs
Member Avatar

Mason
Because THEY care about her. Oh, and she looks like Marlena (even though I don't think she does), and she's a psychiatrist like Marlena. I mean who needs Marlena when we can have Charlotte, a character that the writers care about and want to write for? :puke:

Kenny
Member Avatar

Ellie
Dec 18 2008, 01:53 AM
Kenny
So in other words, John and Marlena's exit "story" is all about Charlotte?
YES.
Well, I still don't understand how Charlotte having a screw loose gets John his memory back and forces him and Marlena to leave Salem, but whatever.

I can't stand this woman's writing anymore.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Jiggs
Dec 18 2008, 01:53 AM
Thanks Ellie! Leave it to Days to make J&M's exit all about some random nobody character that I could care less about. Gary Tomlin is a joke. So typical that they introduce a new character and make J&M's firing be all about HER. Fyou Days! :flipoff:
Really, she's been on the show for all of what now -- two episodes? Wowie!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply