Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Storyline info from Sandra Robinson on BWR!
Topic Started: Dec 18 2008, 01:05 AM (5,077 Views)
PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

You know, when Sandra did an interview in SOD recently she mentioned the resemblance to Marlena and kind of hinted at it meaning something . I know she isn't playing Marlena but it is coming off more and more like they are replacing her. Not exactly but in terms of position.

I mentioned that it reminds me of JTT on Home Improvement. Granted, he left on his own but the show was pissed at his leaving to go to school and how he went on to doing films instead. In this case, it's more like "bye Dee, don't let the door hit you!' They moved Charlotte into her office and now J&M are being used to further her character when they are leaving in a month and there is hints of her staying. It's quite obvious what is going on. I feel bad for Sandra because she is going to have to deal with this. That comment by the EP, as I said, was uncomfortable enough but now she has to be associated with all this and I just hope the backlash is directed at the show and not her. I like her and don't mind her staying. I just think the show is handling this all wrong.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

NavJLee8785
Member Avatar
Always the Panic Spreader

Jiggs
Dec 18 2008, 02:01 AM
Mason
Dec 18 2008, 01:07 AM
Would someone explain to me why exactly we're supposed to give a damn about Charlotte? LoL
Because THEY care about her. Oh, and she looks like Marlena (even though I don't think she does), and she's a psychiatrist like Marlena. I mean who needs Marlena when we can have Charlotte, a character that the writers care about and want to write for? :puke:
See that is what I heard about the situation...and I did feel bad for Sandra b/c even she, like she said tonight, could not believe that the EP even told her that her character is basically a catalyst of getting J&M off-screen. How does one react to such a thing??

Mason
Member Avatar

Kenny
Dec 18 2008, 02:02 AM
I can't stand this woman's writing anymore.
To even call this writing anymore is a stretch, since it implies that Higley actually puts any thought into it.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

NavJLee8785
Dec 18 2008, 02:06 AM
Jiggs
Mason
Would someone explain to me why exactly we're supposed to give a damn about Charlotte? LoL
Because THEY care about her. Oh, and she looks like Marlena (even though I don't think she does), and she's a psychiatrist like Marlena. I mean who needs Marlena when we can have Charlotte, a character that the writers care about and want to write for? :puke:
See that is what I heard about the situation...and I did feel bad for Sandra b/c even she, like she said tonight, could not believe that the EP even told her that her character is basically a catalyst of getting J&M off-screen. How does one react to such a thing??
Exactly.

Talk about uncomfortable!

I'm convinced Tomlin is just as bad, if not worse, then Higley.

Tammy
Member Avatar

Wow... that is just... wow. I can't find words to say how stupid this all is.

And thats a nice "How do ya do". Telling someone basically "You are on the show now... to get two long time characters OFF the show."

Ellie

Tammy
Dec 18 2008, 02:22 AM

And thats a nice "How do ya do". Telling someone basically "You are on the show now... to get two long time characters OFF the show."
imo it didn't sound like that's why she was brought on in the first place, but that that conversation happened sometime after she started.

hops
Member Avatar

I see I won't be eating crow again. (Wish I was) This show is just so predictable it's nauseating.

Jiggs
Member Avatar

Kenny
Dec 18 2008, 02:02 AM
Ellie
Dec 18 2008, 01:53 AM
Kenny
Dec 18 2008, 01:52 AM
So in other words, John and Marlena's exit "story" is all about Charlotte?
YES.
Well, I still don't understand how Charlotte having a screw loose gets John his memory back and forces him and Marlena to leave Salem, but whatever.

I can't stand this woman's writing anymore.
John getting his memories back isn't the point anymore. It's about the new character, the character that isn't being terminated. Making this about John and Marlena is giving fans what they want, and Corday wants to dictate what fans get, not the other way around. If he does what fans want then it's our show, not his. That's why any actor is expendable in his world. Why supercouples were thrown off the roof. Because they represent what the fans want, and not something that he can control. If we love a certain actor or couple then that gives power to that actor/couple, and he ends up having to pay them more than he wants. Better to hire actors that don't have tons of fans that can give an actor clout to negotiate for more money. Getting rid of Deidre and Drake is Corday's biggest fantasy come true.

Jiggs
Member Avatar

NavJLee8785
Dec 18 2008, 02:06 AM
Jiggs
Mason
It certainly isn't the way an actor would like to be brought onto a show, but this is Days and we're in a recession and it's a job.

Nicole Walker

Why couldn't John get his memory back and J&M decide to go on a trip or something to reconnect? I mean why do they make things more complicated than it should be! Dr. whatever should not be the reason they leave unless she unlocks John's memory.

Ellie

Nicole Dimera
Dec 18 2008, 02:34 AM
Why couldn't John get his memory back and J&M decide to go on a trip or something to reconnect?
Because Dena Higley's writing the show.

(Seriously though, I completely agree with your post!)

e83talus
Member Avatar

I hate this show.
I will runnot walk away on January 23. :soapbox:

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Ellie
Dec 18 2008, 02:24 AM
Tammy
Dec 18 2008, 02:22 AM

imo it didn't sound like that's why she was brought on in the first place, but that that conversation happened sometime after she started.
That makes it worse. They probably knew but didn't tell her.

I'm not sure she would've taken the role if she knew that. She indicated that she really wasn't looking for a soap role but she liked the Days offer and took it.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Ellie
Dec 18 2008, 02:36 AM
Nicole Dimera
Why couldn't John get his memory back and J&M decide to go on a trip or something to reconnect?

It could still happen but it's the way they are going about it that sucks.

It's lazy. It shows no effort. It's just shove a character on here who can help us fast track this. That way we don't have to live up to any expectations as far as J&M history or the way the scenes come off. It's just stupid and it puts Sandra in a uncomfortable position and hurts her character because she will forever be associated with this situation.

it's just a stupid move that angers even me and that is hard to do.

hops
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Dec 18 2008, 02:58 AM
Ellie
Dec 18 2008, 02:36 AM
Nicole Dimera

It could still happen but it's the way they are going about it that sucks.

It's lazy. It shows no effort. It's just shove a character on here who can help us fast track this. That way we don't have to live up to any expectations as far as J&M history or the way the scenes come off. It's just stupid and it puts Sandra in a uncomfortable position and hurts her character because she will forever be associated with this situation.

it's just a stupid move that angers even me and that is hard to do.
I admit, I'm surprised by your reaction, and that's something Days hasn't been able to do to me in a very long time, lol.

e83talus
Member Avatar

I hardly ever post on that board but since they pay attention over there on NBC, that is where I will voice my complete disgust with the show. :soapbox:

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

I haven't even watched a scene of hers..How long has she been on?

leelee
Member Avatar

Am I supposed to give a flying fuck about goddamn Charlotte?!

Kyrai

hops
Dec 18 2008, 01:13 AM
Mason
My sentiments exactly!

And speaking for myself, J&M have a few weeks left and it's going to all focus on Dr. Taylor instead of them (what little screen time they get)? I guess I shouldn't be too surprised. Whatever.
So they're worried about how to write J&M off in a short window, and they decide to do it by giving Charlotte a story...

I don't mind giving her a story, after they're gone, but I'd rather they focused on a good exit story vs. her story. I guess they want a good introduction for their new character more. I shouldn't be surprised, but I'm very disappointed. Just makes me happier I'm done with the show.

JohnandMarlenaFreak
Member Avatar

Ok,I THINK I am calm now,after several moments of hysterical crying,first I commend Sandra for sticking up for Drake and Dee,but WTF,so after I have watched John and Marlena for pretty much my whole life,going through all their stuff with them,Johns death and all,Johns return,Drake and Dee being fired there characters exit is all about some secretly grieving other new character,I so wanna curse my head off right now,as if I wasn't feeling sad and emotional enough about JM's exit,if I could kick Ken Corday and Higleys asses right now I so would.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply