Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Storyline info from Sandra Robinson on BWR!
Topic Started: Dec 18 2008, 01:05 AM (5,133 Views)
Ellie

Kevc1980
Dec 18 2008, 05:16 AM
I haven't even watched a scene of hers..How long has she been on?
Two weeks. (I believe three shows total so far.)
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

hops
Dec 18 2008, 03:09 AM
PhoenixRising05
Dec 18 2008, 02:58 AM
Ellie
Dec 18 2008, 02:36 AM
Nicole Dimera
Dec 18 2008, 02:34 AM
Why couldn't John get his memory back and J&M decide to go on a trip or something to reconnect?
Because Dena Higley's writing the show.

(Seriously though, I completely agree with your post!)
It could still happen but it's the way they are going about it that sucks.

It's lazy. It shows no effort. It's just shove a character on here who can help us fast track this. That way we don't have to live up to any expectations as far as J&M history or the way the scenes come off. It's just stupid and it puts Sandra in a uncomfortable position and hurts her character because she will forever be associated with this situation.

it's just a stupid move that angers even me and that is hard to do.
I admit, I'm surprised by your reaction, and that's something Days hasn't been able to do to me in a very long time, lol.
See, I can be negative when I feel there is a reason to be :laugh: .

In all seriousness, this is flat out stupid and shows off the incompetence of everyone involved, including Higley.

Ellie

PhoenixRising05
Dec 18 2008, 11:39 AM
all seriousness, this is flat out stupid and shows off the incompetence of everyone involved, including Higley.
:cheers:

Agree!

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Ellie
Dec 18 2008, 11:26 AM
Kevc1980
Dec 18 2008, 05:16 AM
I haven't even watched a scene of hers..How long has she been on?
Two weeks. (I believe three shows total so far.)
And, frankly, if they are going to keep her around, you have to use her a bit more. Just now we are getting some background on her after her being here for two weeks and I think it would benefit them to interact her with others, rather then screwing over J&M and using her just with them. I guess people don't like when new characters are forced on them but I think 3 episodes in two weeks is a bit too low, especially considering she's interacted with only two people.

leela46
Member Avatar

I'm willing to give the character of Charlotte a chance. After all I didn't give a shit about the character of Marlena Evans when Deidre Hall first joined Days. The show already had a perfectly good psychiatrist in Dr. Laura Horton. But I eventually became a Marlena fan, at least during her relationships with Don and Roman(Wayne). I always hated her pairing with John.

Who know, Charlotte could become a great character in her own right. Although I think the odds of anyone being a great character diminishes a lot under the current writing regime.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Ellie

leela46
Dec 18 2008, 11:43 AM
I'm willing to give the character of Charlotte a chance. After all I didn't give a shit about the character of Marlena Evans when Deidre Hall first joined Days. The show already had a perfectly good psychiatrist in Dr. Laura Horton. But I eventually became a Marlena fan, at least during her relationships with Don and Roman(Wayne). I always hated her pairing with John.

Who know, Charlotte could become a great character in her own right. Although I think the odds of anyone being a great character diminishes a lot under the current writing regime.
I think what most people in this thread are having an issue with is not Charlotte herself but the fact that a 20-year couple who have had a major unresolved issue this year (John's memory) are apparently being written off the show through the storyline of a character who has been there two weeks.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

leela46

Your right and I just hope Sandra doesn't feel the bulk of this backlash. The show deserves it, not her. The character deserves a chance but I feel they are doing her a disservice by handling this in the way they are. Yes, your right about Marlena but she was never associated with a thing like this. Your hitting the case for Charlotte right there and that is sad because the character could end up being good but some may never like her because of this.

Then by interacting her only with J&M, it's going to make it hard to branch her out when they leave because who else is going to care about Charlotte's issues when the two people most involved in her are gone? Makes no sense and they are hurting their cause before they even get the ground running on Charlotte.

Ellie

PhoenixRising05
Dec 18 2008, 11:57 AM
leela46

Your right and I just hope Sandra doesn't feel the bulk of this backlash. The show deserves it, not her. The character deserves a chance but I feel they are doing her a disservice by handling this in the way they are. Yes, your right about Marlena but she was never associated with a thing like this. Your hitting the case for Charlotte right there and that is sad because the character could end up being good but some may never like her because of this.

Then by interacting her only with J&M, it's going to make it hard to branch her out when they leave because who else is going to care about Charlotte's issues when the two people most involved in her are gone? Makes no sense and they are hurting their cause before they even get the ground running on Charlotte.
Ok well, I think we should remember that she agreed to do a recurring role. (She told one of the magazines that a few weeks ago.) So I don't think she was promised anything in the way of ongoing storyline.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Ellie
Dec 18 2008, 11:53 AM
leela46

I think what most people in this thread are having an issue with is not Charlotte herself but the fact that a 20-year couple who have had a major unresolved issue this year (John's memory) are apparently being written off the show through the storyline of a character who has been there two weeks.
It's not even that. I don't mind that.

What I have a problem with is having her by the sole reason. I was thinking she would get John into a position to have his breakthrough. It sounds like she practically does everything. I was thinking she would be the catalyst and set things up for them and that's it. Not to mention they are using most of this time to promote Charlotte as a character now. That boggles my mind. I don't mind doing it a little with some hints here and there and maybe interacting her with others but, with J&M, the content needs to be mostly about them right now and not about Charlotte's issues. If they are trying to get people to be fond of Charlotte because she is the reason J&M get back together, you can do that but you can't make it all about her. John has to have an active part in this and Charlotte's issues and establishing her as a character can't override building up to J&M's exit and that is what is happening. It wasn't before so much but it does starting in today's episode and it annoys me.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Ellie
Dec 18 2008, 12:02 PM
PhoenixRising05
Dec 18 2008, 11:57 AM
leela46

Ok well, I think we should remember that she agreed to do a recurring role. (She told one of the magazines that a few weeks ago.) So I don't think she was promised anything in the way of ongoing storyline.
Well, it sounds like she was now, judging by the details she had. Plus, they foreshadow her having issues with her father's death today so there was clearly some sort of plan. I don't think there was initially because her first two appearances were much more focused on J&M but there was a sharp turn in today's episode and, with this info, it's clear that will continue so I really don't understand why they are handling this in the way they are. It's hurts Charlotte, it hurts J&M and their exit, and it pisses off the fans. There is no logical reason to handle this in the way they are.
Edited by PhoenixRising05, Dec 18 2008, 12:06 PM.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Well, as famous as I am for being, well, a Marlena basher, I am going out on a limb to say that this is totally shitty. I feel sorry for Sandra Ferguson to be put in such a position, but whether one likes J&M or not, I will have to admit it's a sorry way to "push" them out. When Marlena came on board, I don't think she was involved with Laura anyway medically, but with Mickey. Wasn't Laura with Bill by that time?
And to TELL Sandra Ferguson that was a part of what her character was meant for.....I think the cussin' and fussin aimed at Higley should have a lot of its venom aimed at Tomlinson for being so insensitive. They just keep making matters worse and worse.

Deidrefan28

Okay, now I'm REALLY pissed! They put John Callahan on contract and bring in this broad to play another character that, yet again, nobody gives a f*** about. But Deidre and Drake are fired and not given a chance to take a pay cut. If Days is so cash-strapped and have to abide by their contract by making drastic budget cuts, how the hell can they afford to hire 2 new people?????? Corday is going to get such a nasty e-mail from me and I think I'll go leave a nasty message on Ms. Higley's blog as well.

Tammy
Member Avatar

You know I actually feel sorry for this woman and her character. TPTB are starting her off on a horrible note. I dont see how her character can stand a chance when they use her as a catalyst for two other people leaving.

Honestly I wish this "sl" was over already. It is obvious they aren't going to give it any justice. I am starting to wish that John just bumped his head, his memories magically appeared, and him and Marlena rode off into the Salem sunset. At least that way it would actually BE about THEM.

hops
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Dec 18 2008, 12:02 PM

What I have a problem with is having her by the sole reason. I was thinking she would get John into a position to have his breakthrough. It sounds like she practically does everything. I was thinking she would be the catalyst and set things up for them and that's it. Not to mention they are using most of this time to promote Charlotte as a character now. That boggles my mind. I don't mind doing it a little with some hints here and there and maybe interacting her with others but, with J&M, the content needs to be mostly about them right now and not about Charlotte's issues. If they are trying to get people to be fond of Charlotte because she is the reason J&M get back together, you can do that but you can't make it all about her. John has to have an active part in this and Charlotte's issues and establishing her as a character can't override building up to J&M's exit and that is what is happening. It wasn't before so much but it does starting in today's episode and it annoys me.
I took a lot of issue with today's show. Last show John said about Marlena 'I just want to be around her' and today he was man handling her to get info about Dr. Taylor. He wasn't even nice to Marlena and he felt he needed to get Dr. Taylor's permission to spend Christmas with Marlena. Since when has either 'John' or 'Jawn' needed permission from anyone to do anything. I hated that he treats Dr. Taylor like he should be treating Marlena. Again....Dena Higley in all her tarnished glory. Can John and Marlena have one scene where they both like each other at the same time? All the spoilers are about John pinning for Dr. Taylor. Yes, I do dislike her, and I'm not sorry, lol. TPTB wanted to make me mad and they succeeded. Just once I would like for them to want to make me happy.

Ellie

What I don't get is that this ending seems like such a 'no-brainer'! I mean, how hard is this: There is some 'event' that makes John regain his memory. Maybe he gets hit by lightning as Stefano did in Aremid, or maybe he just falls and hits his head. Whatever the cause, he's suddenly Old John. Maybe he finds himself in the Salem Inn. Why is he there? Where's Marlena? Why is his suitcase full of black shirts? He goes in the middle of the night to Marlena's townhouse, where he was ostensibly living at the time of his accident, though we never saw him there. Let's say it's even Christmas Eve. He knocks on her door and wakes her up. They have an emotional reunion. He spends the next few shows hearing about 'New John' and going around with Marlena to different Salem residents to re-introduce himself (which would also be a way for Drake and Deidre to have one last scene with many of the characters.) He is so overwhelmed by what he's done as New John that he tells Marlena that he and she should move out of Salem, so he can get a fresh start. He also points out to her that there have only been about four months in the past four years that they've been together when both of them have had their memories and been awake. Marlena thinks this is a wonderful idea, J&M pack and move out of Salem, and we see them getting on a plane, very much in love and looking forward to their new life together. The end.

JohnandMarlenaFreak
Member Avatar

Ellie
Dec 18 2008, 04:40 PM
What I don't get is that this ending seems like such a 'no-brainer'! I mean, how hard is this: There is some 'event' that makes John regain his memory. Maybe he gets hit by lightning as Stefano did in Aremid, or maybe he just falls and hits his head. Whatever the cause, he's suddenly Old John. Maybe he finds himself in the Salem Inn. Why is he there? Where's Marlena? Why is his suitcase full of black shirts? He goes in the middle of the night to Marlena's townhouse, where he was ostensibly living at the time of his accident, though we never saw him there. Let's say it's even Christmas Eve. He knocks on her door and wakes her up. They have an emotional reunion. He spends the next few shows hearing about 'New John' and going around with Marlena to different Salem residents to re-introduce himself (which would also be a way for Drake and Deidre to have one last scene with many of the characters.) He is so overwhelmed by what he's done as New John that he tells Marlena that he and she should move out of Salem, so he can get a fresh start. He also points out to her that there have only been about four months in the past four years that they've been together when both of them have had their memories and been awake. Marlena thinks this is a wonderful idea, J&M pack and move out of Salem, and we see them getting on a plane, very much in love and looking forward to their new life together. The end.
Yeah one would think it wouldn't be so hard to do something like that or gosh maybe start developing Dr.Taylor more AFTER JM leave,don't use them as a way to develop a new character I could care less about,like next week John FINALLY decides he wants to remember his life,what are they gonna take 2 steps back again and do nothing with that and then also not allow JM to get remarried since they shouldn't have gotten divorced in the first place,Corday said JM would be ''Happily reunited'',well maybe I should send him a dictionary for Christmas cause he truly doesn't get the meaning of that word.

Ellie

^^ LOL I wouldn't trust a word that man says.

In terms of Dr. Taylor, if they absolutely had to use her in J&M's story, then have her engineer some breakthrough treatment in one or two shows. John's in her office, she does some experimental new treatment, it doesn't work, he's disappointed, he goes home, falls asleep, wakes up with his memory back, etc etc. But truthfully I don't see why she's needed in J&M's "end" story at all.

Mason
Member Avatar

^ She's not needed. J&M's departure is just an excuse for Higley to shove one of her own characters onto the show.

I feel bad for Sandra. She probably had no idea what she was stepping into when she signed up for this.

King
Member Avatar

Great scoop.

I am really excited for Robinson and Charlotte actually.

I am sorry, but D*D's acting is pitiful lately. I love Dee and Drake, especially Dee. I REALLY do. But I would say Higley and the writing is the least of their worries. Charlotte needs to spice things up a bit for them.
Edited by King, Dec 18 2008, 06:17 PM.

Ellie

^ lol Higley is not the least of their worries, she's part of the cause of their worries. The dialogue and plot in today's scenes was so bad I barely noticed the acting. J&M had about three minutes of airtime total, and most of that was spent with each asking the other how he/she feels about Charlotte Taylor. Marlena managed to get in a quick question to John about his spending Christmas with her, but guess what? He needs to ask Dr. Taylor. I'm sure this is the beginning of the storyline that Sandra Robinson was describing, and I really do feel bad for all three actors to have to play this inane material. Wonder if on Christmas Eve, Marlena will look into John's eyes and say something sweet only to have him ask her what she thinks Dr. Taylor is doing at the moment.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply