Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Storyline info from Sandra Robinson on BWR!
Topic Started: Dec 18 2008, 01:05 AM (5,132 Views)
King
Member Avatar

I think it could be a possibility. She showed up under shady circumstances, even though they explained the Dr. Taylor died and this is his daughter thing.

BUT...if she is saying she might be around after D&D leave...there would be a story for her if she's Kristen. (E.J., Stefano...)
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

King
Member Avatar

Or maybe she was going to Kristen, but then they changed it when they fired D&D. haha. Who knows.

hops
Member Avatar

I'll gladly give blame to Whitesell and Tomlin. It's hard to know where blame starts and stops but the whole production team this year have contributed to my dislike of Days. Just don't like where they are taking this show. I have no problem with people who like it, but it's just not for me anymore.

Mason
Member Avatar

She better not be Kristen. That's all I have to say.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

I doubt she was ever going to be Kristen and doubt they will make her it now, given her being a catalyst for reuniting J&M and her wanting them together.

I don't expect to ever see the character back. Kristen and Peter are going to be forgotten, I think. The final ship seemed to pass on that in December 2006 when ED was not brought back when there was some story they could've played.

I would just rather she be Charlotte anyway LOL. I don't want her to be someone else with plastic surgery or something.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

hops
Dec 19 2008, 08:48 PM
I'll gladly give blame to Whitesell and Tomlin. It's hard to know where blame starts and stops but the whole production team this year have contributed to my dislike of Days. Just don't like where they are taking this show. I have no problem with people who like it, but it's just not for me anymore.
There you go LOL.

That is all I'm saying. If you don't like the show, that's fine. I just couldn't understand citing Higley as the only reason because I don't think she handles everything LOL.

King
Member Avatar

Well, I was thinking she'd be PRETENDING to be out to help John, but really hurt his relationship with Marlena. But then she'd be exposed, and they'd reunite and leave town. Haha.

Mason
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Dec 19 2008, 08:50 PM
I don't expect to ever see the character back. Kristen and Peter are going to be forgotten, I think. The final ship seemed to pass on that in December 2006 when ED was not brought back when there was some story they could've played.
Don't remind me. :hmmph:

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

King
Dec 19 2008, 08:55 PM
Well, I was thinking she'd be PRETENDING to be out to help John, but really hurt his relationship with Marlena. But then she'd be exposed, and they'd reunite and leave town. Haha.
Hmm...yeah. That could work.

Tammy
Member Avatar

Kenny
Dec 19 2008, 04:30 AM
Alison Sweeney doesn't have the chops to pull off "heroine," IMO. Heroin addict maybe, but not heroine, LoL.
OMG LMFAO this same thought popped into my head :P .

I sorta envy the people who can find something to like about this show lol. I agree that the show has been MUCH worse in the past. For me the show hasn't gone from bad to worse... it has gone from bad to me not giving a flyin flip about it anymore lol.
Edited by Tammy, Dec 19 2008, 10:25 PM.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Mason
Dec 19 2008, 08:35 PM
King
Dec 19 2008, 08:27 PM
Has the theory been bandied about that Charlotte is Kristen?
Oh, I swear to God, if milquetoast Charlotte turns out to be Kristen...
LoL @ milquetoast. You're such a soap character!

Mason
Member Avatar

Kenny
Dec 19 2008, 10:52 PM
Mason
King
Of course I am. I'm the Hope to your Bo, lover! :smooch:

Kenny
Member Avatar

Tammy
Dec 19 2008, 10:25 PM
For me the show hasn't gone from bad to worse... it has gone from bad to me not giving a flyin flip about it anymore lol.
Exactly... and that's worse yet.

Mason
Member Avatar

Even when the show was worse than it is now (i.e. 2003-2005), I still cared about it. I just don't anymore, which is sad.

Tammy
Member Avatar

Mason
Dec 19 2008, 10:53 PM
Kenny
Dec 19 2008, 10:52 PM
Mason
King
Of course I am. I'm the Hope to your Bo, lover! :smooch:
Can I be Sierra in this equation... I have be SORAS'd to 30 LMFAO :P
Edited by Tammy, Dec 19 2008, 11:07 PM.

Mikegoldy
Member Avatar

Well, first off. I thought Sandra was charming in the interview. She could have talked forever :) And sure the story for John and Marlena stinks. Did anyone really think that they were going to get this amazing, romantic departure, so people would miss them? It's clear to me IMO, the people who are most upset about Dee and Drake leaving, were really only watching for Dee and Drake. Not that there is anything wrong with that, but I'm sure TPTB know that. Personally, I don't think they do anything for the show as a couple anymore. The story has been played out. If John had stayed dead, there was still lots of potential for Marlena. But together, the ship has sailed. I often wonder how the Doug and Julie fans felt when their entire story became about Bo and Hope and then were written out in such a cavalier way. I feel bad for fans of J&M, just as I did for those who vowed never to watch again when Matt Ashford was fired and Jack and Jennifer ended. But this isn't a book with a beginning, middle, and an end. Sometimes, characters need to be rested. And in this case, I think John and Marlena are at that point. It is really rotten that they seem to be getting such a bad, ending story. But, I'm not sorry to see a new character on the show, and two characters written off who have reached their expiration date.

hops
Member Avatar

I don't feel John and Marlena have reached their expiration date. There was plenty of story to tell. The writers and producers just chose not to play it or write it. Their story this year was started and stopped a few times. Marlena putting Stefano in a coma? John taking over the Dimera empire, John and Marlena growing closer. None of these were explored. All tied up in one or two episodes. That's lazy writing and to me has nothing to do with who the characters are.

In the end, I didn't expect a great story for them (is there anything great on DAys right now?) but I guess I did expect it to maybe focus on them. And ya, I do watch for Deidre and Drake, lol, and yes, it would only follow their fans would be the most upset. Watching a soap or any television show is a selfish pursuit. If other characters had been cut, I could understand how their fans would feel, but I wouldn't stop watching the show, I would probably feel as you do now. And I find it ironic that the writers have been unable to pin the character of Marlena down this year, but they seem to be writing Dr. Taylor very much like Marlena and seem to be replacing her before she has even left the building.

Mikegoldy
Member Avatar

hops
Dec 21 2008, 12:08 AM
I don't feel John and Marlena have reached their expiration date. There was plenty of story to tell. The writers and producers just chose not to play it or write it. Their story this year was started and stopped a few times. Marlena putting Stefano in a coma? John taking over the Dimera empire, John and Marlena growing closer. None of these were explored. All tied up in one or two episodes. That's lazy writing and to me has nothing to do with who the characters are.

In the end, I didn't expect a great story for them (is there anything great on DAys right now?) but I guess I did expect it to maybe focus on them. And ya, I do watch for Deidre and Drake, lol, and yes, it would only follow their fans would be the most upset. Watching a soap or any television show is a selfish pursuit. If other characters had been cut, I could understand how their fans would feel, but I wouldn't stop watching the show, I would probably feel as you do now. And I find it ironic that the writers have been unable to pin the character of Marlena down this year, but they seem to be writing Dr. Taylor very much like Marlena and seem to be replacing her before she has even left the building.

The biggest mistake happened when they brought John back alive. Somehow, the emotion of his death and funeral, brought some reality back to Salem. Marlena going up against Stefano could have driven the show for years. But the moment John turned up alive, all credibility was lost. John, with his 10 different character changes, had become a joke. Marlena finally had a chance to start anew, and then they ruined it. I guess I should have been more clear. There is and was still lots of story to tell for Marlena. But with John, everything has been has a been there, done that feel. Marlena had three strong romantic pairings on the show, she certainly could have found a new one down the line. For me, that would be half the fun.

Ellie

goldylicious
Dec 21 2008, 12:29 AM
The biggest mistake happened when they brought John back alive. Somehow, the emotion of his death and funeral, brought some reality back to Salem. Marlena going up against Stefano could have driven the show for years. But the moment John turned up alive, all credibility was lost. John, with his 10 different character changes, had become a joke. Marlena finally had a chance to start anew, and then they ruined it. I guess I should have been more clear. There is and was still lots of story to tell for Marlena. But with John, everything has been has a been there, done that feel. Marlena had three strong romantic pairings on the show, she certainly could have found a new one down the line. For me, that would be half the fun.
So John and Marlena have "reached their expiration date", but Marlena and Stefano "could have driven the show for years"??

Mikegoldy
Member Avatar

Ellie
Dec 21 2008, 12:34 AM
goldylicious
Dec 21 2008, 12:29 AM
So John and Marlena have "reached their expiration date", but Marlena and Stefano "could have driven the show for years"??
Yes, I believe that is what I said :)

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply