Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD Performer of the Week: Blake Berris; Article Summary
Topic Started: Dec 18 2008, 04:47 PM (1,190 Views)
Ellie

SOD has named Blake Berris performer of the week in the December 30th issue.

SOD says that they knew Berris had the acting skills, but he sadly has not had many opportunities to show these skills in the past, though he was voted Hottest Newcomer in 2007. But then when Nick fell for Melanie, this let Berris "shine, as his alter ego descended into madness."

SOD relates that Berris made small changes in Nick's behavior, for example becoming jumpy and distracted. But SOD lavishes the greatest praise on Berris's scenes when Nick was arrested. Though Nick didn't get up from his chair, Berris was able to convey Nick's emotions with his face alone. In Nick's conversation with Chelsea, his eyes teared up but his voice remained steady. SOD compliments Berris on playing it as though Nick were in a state of shock and disbelief.

SOD ends the short article by saying that some actors would have used the above scenario to "go over the top", but Berris avoided this, "which ultimately makes the fact that he'll be written out soon that much more of a shame".
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Daytime
Member Avatar

For once I agree with SOD, its a shame they would even consider of getting rid of Blake. He knocked that scene out of the park.

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

Glad he's finally getting some recognition as well as the magazine making it clear that he SHOULDN'T be leaving the show.

hoochielicious
Member Avatar
Queen Hoochie

Ellie
Dec 18 2008, 04:47 PM

SOD says that they knew Berris had the acting skills, but he sadly has not had many opportunities to show these skills in the past, though he was voted Hottest Newcomer in 2007. But then when Nick fell for Melanie, this let Berris "shine, as his alter ego descended into madness."

SOD relates that Berris made small changes in Nick's behavior, for example becoming jumpy and distracted. But SOD lavishes the greatest praise on Berris's scenes when Nick was arrested. Though Nick didn't get up from his chair, Berris was able to convey Nick's emotions with his face alone. In Nick's conversation with Chelsea, his eyes teared up but his voice remained steady. SOD compliments Berris on playing it as though Nick were in a state of shock and disbelief.

SOD ends the short article by saying that some actors would have used the above scenario to "go over the top", but Berris avoided this, "which ultimately makes the fact that he'll be written out soon that much more of a shame".
Thanks. It's a shame that great actors get let go while crappy ones like Darin Brooks get all the storylines.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

I look forward to Blake getting much better stuff in the future, looking back, and saying 'nanananabooboo" back to Days. It's great he got these much deserved kudos.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

It was a good article. I got the issue today and read it.

I like Blake but I think this is for the best. I think he will get much better elsewhere and I think he would've left in another year of his own accord anyway. It sucks though. I'm glad he got to show off his chops before exiting though.

Nicole Walker

Totally agree! He was awesome! Nick fans were done so wrong!!

carlypvee

hoochielicious
Dec 18 2008, 08:03 PM
Ellie
Dec 18 2008, 04:47 PM

Thanks. It's a shame that great actors get let go while crappy ones like Darin Brooks get all the storylines.
ITA. Best of luck to Blake. I hope he lands a good show with a long future.

ilovemydays

I'm going to miss Blake and Nick on DAYS! I'm getting choked up just thinking about it but I wish him the best and I hope he lands a starring gig soon. He really deserves good things.

He isn't supposed to exit until January, does anyone know if he's going to have anymore scenes?

Deleted User
Deleted User

ilovemydays
Dec 19 2008, 03:08 PM
I'm going to miss Blake and Nick on DAYS! I'm getting choked up just thinking about it but I wish him the best and I hope he lands a starring gig soon. He really deserves good things.

He isn't supposed to exit until January, does anyone know if he's going to have anymore scenes?
^Adding to that, does anyone know Blake Berris' last airdate?
Quote Post Goto Top

Mason
Member Avatar

He'll be much better off away from DAYS.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Amello
Dec 19 2008, 03:11 PM
ilovemydays
Dec 19 2008, 03:08 PM

^Adding to that, does anyone know Blake Berris' last airdate?
Well, it was reported that Judge Fitzpatrick is returning to preside over his hearing on January 14 so I would guess around mid-late January. I don't think we will see him all that much between now and then though.

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

Mason
Dec 19 2008, 03:12 PM
He'll be much better off away from DAYS.
I keep telling myself that. It doesn't cheer me up that much though.

SpriteEyes
Member Avatar

Daytime
Dec 18 2008, 05:08 PM
For once I agree with SOD, its a shame they would even consider of getting rid of Blake. He knocked that scene out of the park.
I wish he were staying, too.

Write off Rafe and keep Nick.

lene
Member Avatar

Wow.
Sad that someone feels the need to bash Darin because Blake got let go. It's not Darin's fault. sheez.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

lene
Dec 26 2008, 03:45 PM
Wow.
Sad that someone feels the need to bash Darin because Blake got let go. It's not Darin's fault. sheez.
I believe people are a little bitter because it seems a lot of folks regard Blake a better actor than Darin and feel that there was a ton of potential for Nick. (Yeah, yeah, I know, Darin has his fans, too). But, on this board, they have the right to bash. Personally, I found Nick more intriguing than Max, too. It's all a matter of taste.

SpriteEyes
Member Avatar

I don't get it, either. the actors have no control over who gets hired and who gets fired and I can't hold it against an actor for not quitting if someone else gets fired but stays and continues to do the job they were hired for.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply