Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS: Darin Brooks to star in football comedy
Topic Started: Dec 19 2008, 05:11 PM (1,672 Views)
Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Spike TV's goal: college football comedy
By Kimberly Nordyke

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - Young men's cable channel Spike TV is heading to the college gridiron, ordering a football-themed comedy pilot in the vein of "Animal House."

"Blue Mountain State" follows three incoming freshmen attending Midwestern college football powerhouse Blue Mountain State who must quickly adapt to college life and juggle football, girls, classes and nonstop hazing.

Former NFL running back-turned-actor Ed Marinaro stars as the team's coach. Darin Brooks ("Days of Our Lives") plays Alex, a talented quarterback content to ride the bench while partying with his best friend, Sammy (co-writer Chris Romano), who aspires to be the school's mascot. Sam Jones III ("ER") plays Craig, the school's top recruit and future pro whose life already is mapped out for him by his controlling girlfriend, Denise (Gabrielle Dennis).

Brian Robbins ("Varsity Blues") is executive producing and will direct the pilot, which goes into production in February. Romano co-wrote the pilot with Eric Falconer ("The Sarah Silverman Program").

Spike TV first entered the original scripted comedy business this year with "The Factory." No decision has been made regarding a second season of that series.

Reuters/Hollywood Reporter

http://www.reuters.com/article/televisionNews/idUSTRE4BI20G20081219

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

Hope this means the chances of Drain leaving when his contract is up are increasing since Max is a terrible character.
Quote Post Goto Top

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

I'm supposed to buy Darin Brooks as a talented, powerhouse school quarterback? Keanu Reeves was more credible in "The Replacements."

I have a weakness for sports comedies but I'll be passing on this one.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Paxton
Dec 19 2008, 05:26 PM
I'm supposed to buy Darin Brooks as a talented, powerhouse school quarterback? Keanu Reeves was more credible in "The Replacements."

Why can't you? That's the kind of role that is perfect for him.
Quote Post Goto Top

Mason
Member Avatar

Amello
Dec 19 2008, 05:13 PM
Hope this means the chances of Darin leaving when his contract is up are increasing since Max is a terrible character.
I'll co-sign on that.

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

Amello
Dec 19 2008, 05:28 PM
Paxton

Why can't you? That's the kind of role that is perfect for him.
Because to me he doesn't look like an athlete at all. He looks like he works out some, but that doesn't equal athletic to me. I just don't see it.

Plus, I can't stand him, and I love football, so I don't want to associate DB with something I like.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Amello
Hope this means the chances of Drain leaving when his contract is up are increasing since Max is a terrible character.
Don't count on it.

He just signed a new deal last May and I believe it's for at least 2 years. They would have to fire him and I doubt they will. Hell, Corday will probably think this justifies giving him even more to do.

Good for Darin. I do like him. I think this role suits him.

zyona

It seems like Corday reward bad actors.

darraholic
Member Avatar

Anything to get him out of DAYS. Run Darrin Run!!!!!!!!
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

It's a pilot. I'll bet Darin doesn't do anything with his contract until they find out if it gets picked up. Then he might ask for a release, or they might choose to release him. By that time, they'll probably find out Chex Round Two is a dud again, for a lot of people.

Deleted User
Deleted User

PhoenixRising05
Dec 19 2008, 05:35 PM
Amello
Don't count on it.

He just signed a new deal last May and I believe it's for at least 2 years. They would have to fire him and I doubt they will. Hell, Corday will probably think this justifies giving him even more to do.

I agree. Plus, I think Darin is much better suited to do comedy than drama.
Quote Post Goto Top

Mason
Member Avatar

ladyofthelake
Dec 19 2008, 07:32 PM
By that time, they'll probably find out Chex Round Two is a dud again, for a lot of people.
Or Dena will have her itch, and decide it's time to swap partners again.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

I always enjoy Darin more as Max when he has that sort of goofy charm. Mad or angry Max sucks LOL.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I don't want Darin going anywhere. I'm glad the show has allowed him to do these little side things and still remain on the show. Now, why in the hell couldn't they have done this for Ashley Benson? Oh, that's right, because Stephen Wyman was still Co-EP.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

^I think your right about that, Drew.

I've noticed they have been a bit more flexible with the actors since Wyman left. The only one during Wyman's time that got to do other side things was Kirsten Storms, I believe.

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

Paxton

Maybe it's a spoof. Though spoof or not, I hope he doesn't get to pick out his jewelry for the show.

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

PhoenixRising05
Dec 19 2008, 05:35 PM
Amello
Don't count on it.

Other actors are losing their jobs, I don't think it matters when their contract was signed. They would just fire him at the end of the 13 week cycle.

But I'm sure we won't get that lucky.

hoochielicious
Member Avatar
Queen Hoochie

Amello
Amen. Time for Max to leave.

peaches179

Mason
Dec 19 2008, 05:29 PM
Amello
Hope this means the chances of Darin leaving when his contract is up are increasing since Max is a terrible character.
I'll co-sign on that.

Ditto!

Jonatha

peaches179
Dec 20 2008, 11:51 AM
Mason
Dec 19 2008, 05:29 PM
Amello
I'll co-sign on that.

Ditto!
I agree Max can go. I stopped watching Days regularly just after the Max/Chelsea blow job scene. That says a lot about how uncomfortable that pairing made me. Since that time both of them just leave me nauseous no matter whom they are paired with.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply