Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS: Darin Brooks to star in football comedy
Topic Started: Dec 19 2008, 05:11 PM (1,674 Views)
ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Jonatha
Dec 20 2008, 12:02 PM
peaches179
Dec 20 2008, 11:51 AM
Mason
Dec 19 2008, 05:29 PM
Amello
Dec 19 2008, 05:13 PM
Hope this means the chances of Darin leaving when his contract is up are increasing since Max is a terrible character.
I'll co-sign on that.

Ditto!
I agree Max can go. I stopped watching Days regularly just after the Max/Chelsea blow job scene. That says a lot about how uncomfortable that pairing made me. Since that time both of them just leave me nauseous no matter whom they are paired with.
Jonny, unfortunately, when I think of them, THAT'S what I think of. I can still remember thinking "Damn, they did NOT go there!"
And Max, like Stephanie and EJ, have been all over the place. I think it goes back to changes in regime again. Apparently, some power that be down the line didn't like the race car driver aspect.
There was such wonderful history to be had with Max and Frankie. I honestly don't think Darin is that terrible. There are some actors that should not be put in certain situations. Darin makes a great Max bartender, great buddy, great brother, TERRIBLE uncle. And his character has been sullied by making moves on girls who are family, if not biologically. That's crossing a fine line. First there was Chelsea. Then Mimi was his legal nephew's wife (Shawn being the son of Bo, who is legally Max's brother). Then Stephanie. Unfortunately, I couldn't root for Max and Abby because Abby was turning into such a twit there at the end. Again, potentiality ruined. And they could have worked because there was no legal or blood relation.
Mad Max doesn't work well. I don't think Darin quite caught the subtle nuances of loving and despising a father at the same time. JKJ and Peter Reckell seem to have caught that. Personally, I think Jason Cook did, too (I know quite a few of you aren't fond of him, but I think he did well with playing the pissed-offness towards Bo).
Now, with some coaching, Darin might develop these skills. I'm trying to remember what he was doing during the Ed Scott years. Despite his flaws, Ed Scott apparently played some magic with his directors, who in turn pulled the best out of a lot of the actors.
Is Darin hopeless? No, I don't think so. I think he was put in situations for which he wasn't ready, and I have no idea how he got that Emmy nod.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Sindacco
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Dec 19 2008, 10:03 PM
^I think your right about that, Drew.

I've noticed they have been a bit more flexible with the actors since Wyman left. The only one during Wyman's time that got to do other side things was Kirsten Storms, I believe.
It was the same thing when Scrubs wanted Jay back but he couldn't because of Days, this was in summer 2007 when Jay was on very little. His story with Tyler didn't really start untill August.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Sindacco
Dec 20 2008, 02:09 PM
PhoenixRising05
Dec 19 2008, 10:03 PM
^I think your right about that, Drew.

I've noticed they have been a bit more flexible with the actors since Wyman left. The only one during Wyman's time that got to do other side things was Kirsten Storms, I believe.
It was the same thing when Scrubs wanted Jay back but he couldn't because of Days, this was in summer 2007 when Jay was on very little. His story with Tyler didn't really start untill August.
I remember that. I have to wonder if maybe that had some effect on the recent negotiations with him.

OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

Back in the day, it was virtually impossible for the actors to get time off for other projects.

And for those of you that are hoping Max is headed out the door, you may get your wish. :wave:

Ellie

OneBadKitty
Dec 20 2008, 09:42 PM
And for those of you that are hoping Max is headed out the door, you may get your wish. :wave:
lol, is that scoop? (I can only hope...)

OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

Ellie
Dec 20 2008, 10:06 PM
OneBadKitty
Not scoop (yet), but a tidbit I heard. We'll see what happens.

Ellie

OneBadKitty
Dec 20 2008, 10:20 PM
Ellie
Dec 20 2008, 10:06 PM
OneBadKitty
Not scoop (yet), but a tidbit I heard. We'll see what happens.
Sounds good to me - keep us posted! Thanks OBK!

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

OneBadKitty
Back in the day, it was virtually impossible for the actors to get time off for other projects.

Probably a little too late (for me) since they also let BB go. My bitterness and revenge wants DB to get the boot too, but logically, the show needs to keep one male actor in the younger age range.

Maybe they might try to bring in a new young male though.

OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

If Max is written off, I think it will be because DB wants to leave.

Ellie

^^ LOL that would be fine with me too!

lene
Member Avatar

I hope he's not going anywhere. If so, i'm done. chex is the only reason i'm watching.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

lene
Dec 20 2008, 11:38 PM
I hope he's not going anywhere. If so, i'm done. chex is the only reason i'm watching.
Wow. Most people seem to not like Max anymore. All I can remember from Max and Chelsea (I refuse to call them by their combined names because that would ruin my favorite snack!!) is that disgusting car scene they had when Max first showed up again :frustration:

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

OneBadKitty
Dec 20 2008, 10:38 PM
Yep.

And I think you and I got or heard the same tidbit, OBK.

I have a feeling it depends on if the pilot gets picked up, though. If he leaves, I would bet they would recast because that would leave Chelsea without a love interest again.

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

PhoenixRising05
Dec 21 2008, 03:09 PM
OneBadKitty
Yep.

I have a feeling it depends on if the pilot gets picked up, though. If he leaves, I would bet they would recast because that would leave Chelsea without a love interest again.
Max isn't much of a love interest anyway.

Mikegoldy
Member Avatar

I will miss DB if he leaves, I have always liked him for some odd reason. On the other hand, it was strange when they brought the character back in the first place, as he went away to summer camp i think in like 1992 and we never heard from him again until all those years later lol I think Melvin needs a fresh new love interest, something to really showcase her talent. As much as I like Max and Chelsea interacting, I can deal with it ending. Jeremy Horton, where are you hiding? You could be perfect for Chelsea.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Tripp
Dec 21 2008, 03:23 PM
PhoenixRising05
OneBadKitty
Yep.

That's only because, like many other characters on this show, he's had multiple personalities.
Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

Mikegoldy
Dec 21 2008, 03:24 PM
I will miss DB if he leaves, I have always liked him for some odd reason. On the other hand, it was strange when they brought the character back in the first place, as he went away to summer camp i think in like 1992 and we never heard from him again until all those years later lol I think Melvin needs a fresh new love interest, something to really showcase her talent. As much as I like Max and Chelsea interacting, I can deal with it ending. Jeremy Horton, where are you hiding? You could be perfect for Chelsea.
I enjoy Darin Brooks as well, proof of that is me casting him on my online series. But Max shouldn't have been de-sorased so much. As for Chelsea and a brand new love interest, I agree.
Quote Post Goto Top

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Amello
Dec 21 2008, 03:28 PM
Tripp
PhoenixRising05
OneBadKitty
Yep.

That's only because, like many other characters on this show, he's had multiple personalities.
You can say that again.

Every writer has had a different vision and the character has suffered. I like Darin and feel like Hogan had something going with him and Abby. It's a shame that didn't materialize. I remember being so shocked when they brought him on. I never thought we would see or hear from him or Frankie again.

I like goldy's idea of bringing Jeremy on. I think the show needs to bring back some familiar names within budget so bring Jeremy back a reformed many but still with an edge and with a better actor. The Horton family needs re-replenishing. We really don't need anymore Brady's.
Edited by PhoenixRising05, Dec 21 2008, 03:32 PM.

Mikegoldy
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Dec 21 2008, 03:31 PM
Amello
Tripp
PhoenixRising05
OneBadKitty
Yep.

You can say that again.

Every writer has had a different vision and the character has suffered. I like Darin and feel like Hogan had something going with him and Abby. It's a shame that didn't materialize. I remember being so shocked when they brought him on. I never thought we would see or hear from him or Frankie again.

I like goldy's idea of bringing Jeremy on. I think the show needs to bring back some familiar names within budget so bring Jeremy back a reformed many but still with an edge and with a better actor. The Horton family needs re-replenishing. We really don't need anymore Brady's.
Yep, I think the budget can handle a talented newbie actor to play Jeremy Horton, and early thirtysomething woman to play Sara Horton. It could really bring the Hortons back into focus, with Maggie as the new matriarch :)

Deleted User
Deleted User

Mikegoldy
Dec 21 2008, 03:42 PM
PhoenixRising05
Dec 21 2008, 03:31 PM
Amello
Tripp
PhoenixRising05
OneBadKitty
Yep.

You can say that again.

Yep, I think the budget can handle a talented newbie actor to play Jeremy Horton, and early thirtysomething woman to play Sara Horton. It could really bring the Hortons back into focus, with Maggie as the new matriarch :)
Seriously, that would be ideal. There are so many Hortons floating around who the writers can absically ahve free reign with. It's such a shame.
Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply