Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Soap Opera Spirit Award Nominations; TVGC
Topic Started: Dec 23 2008, 04:38 PM (1,314 Views)
ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Who actually has a say in who's nominated?

I'm one who's for One Life to Live, but I think it was a serious omission to leave out Arianne Zucker for what she's been doing this year on Days.
Edited by ladyofthelake, Dec 23 2008, 07:39 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mason
Member Avatar

I do agree that the absence of Zucker is a glaring ommission. She was one of the very few bright spots on DAYS this year, and she's put in some of the best work of her career since she's been back.

phloeishot
Member Avatar

This one was my favorite!

OUTSTANDING PERFORMANCE BY A DUO

Luke Kerr and Jamey Giddens, Daytimeconfidential.com

jcar03
Member Avatar

How many episodes have even been made available for the Life in General and Greenville General web soap. I saw one and I never saw anymore go up, but I got bored waiting and haven't checked in awhile.

Deleted User
Deleted User

I'll play along. Here's who I think should win!

OUTSTANDING DRAMA SERIES
One Life to Live

OUTSTANDING HEAD WRITER(S)
Ron Carlivati, One Life to Live

OUTSTANDING SCRIPT AND BREAKDOWN WRITING
General Hospital: Night Shift

OUTSTANDING DIRECTING TEAM
The Young and the Restless

OUTSTANDING SET DESIGN

OUTSTANDING PODCAST/RADIO/WEBISODE/SOAP-RELATED NON-DAYTIME SERIES
Imaginary Bitches, YouTube.com

OUTSTANDING LEAD ACTRESS
Melody Thomas Scott (Nikki Newman, Y&R)

OUTSTANDING LEAD ACTOR
Eric Braeden (Victor Newman, Y&R)

OUTSTANDING SUPPORTING ACTRESS
Susan Haskell (Marty Saybrooke Thornhart, OLTL)

OUTSTANDING SUPPORTING ACTOR
ohn-Paul Lavoisier (Rex Balsom, OLTL)

OUTSTANDING YOUNGER ACTRESS
Melissa Fumero (ex-Adriana Balsom, OLTL)

OUTSTANDING YOUNGER ACTOR
Brandon Buddy (Cole Thornhart, OLTL)

OUTSTANDING FEMALE GUEST STAR OR RECURRING ACTRESS
Pamela Peyton-Wright (Addie Cramer, OLTL)

OUTSTANDING MALE GUEST STAR OR RECURRING ACTOR
Tuc Watkins (David Vickers, OLTL)

OUTSTANDING FEMALE ACTOR IN A NEW ROLE OR RECAST
Elizabeth Hendrickson (Chloe Ashby, Y&R)

OUTSTANDING MALE ACTOR IN A NEW ROLE OR RECAST
Billy Miller (Billy Abbott, Y&R)

OUTSTANDING PERFORMANCE BY A DUO
Robin Strasser and Erika Slezak (Dorian and Viki, OLTL)

OUTSTANDING PERFORMER IN A PODCAST/WEBISODE/SOAP-RELATED SERIES
Eden Riegel, Imaginary Bitches

OUTSTANDING ENSEMBLE ALL CATEGORIES
One Life to Live

OUTSTANDING CASTING DIRECTION
General Hospital: Night Shift

OUTSTANDING COSTUME DESIGN
Quote Post Goto Top

hunterforrester
Member Avatar

With Arianne and Melissa Claire they're doing their best work NOW, and they'll definitely be included next year (as well as Bree Williamson I think), but the group of us had to quantify who had better acting scenes throughout the whole year, and we felt KKL opposite Storm/Phoebe's death, and Kathy Brier during the culmination of the Paris, Texas story and then Starr's baby trauma, that they deserve it this year. Supporting Actress is hell to decide on because they're are so many talented featured players in soaps. More than leads.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I don't see the talent that everyone is seeing in Zucker. MCE, for sure, deserves to be on the list. Yes, she's getting acclaim now because she's pretty much starring in her own story as a psychopath, but I think she's been great all year with the Ritchie story in the beginning and towards teh end. She's been great. Zucker, not so much. She's still the amateur actress she's always been.

hunterforrester
Member Avatar

And Arianne is rocking Life in General!

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

hunterforrester
Dec 24 2008, 01:24 AM
With Arianne and Melissa Claire they're doing their best work NOW, and they'll definitely be included next year (as well as Bree Williamson I think), but the group of us had to quantify who had better acting scenes throughout the whole year, and we felt KKL opposite Storm/Phoebe's death, and Kathy Brier during the culmination of the Paris, Texas story and then Starr's baby trauma, that they deserve it this year. Supporting Actress is hell to decide on because they're are so many talented featured players in soaps. More than leads.
I disagree but I guess you expect that LOL.

She single handedly kept the character afloat all summer through the backstage BS. She's given great performers all year. Should she have won? Probably not but her omission is glaring, as is MCE. As Drew said, she's done good work all year.

hunterforrester
Member Avatar

I'll give u that. I guess EVERY AWARD SHOW needs a glaring omission! LOL!

BTW a few of these award predictions are CLOSE.... REALLY CLOSE.
Edited by hunterforrester, Dec 24 2008, 03:36 AM.

King
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Dec 23 2008, 06:08 PM
King
Dec 23 2008, 05:58 PM
Weirdly, I think the show I watched the most this year, after DAYS, was GH. I really don't mind the mob show like most people do. I never watched GH in its glory days when it was about the actual hospital though so...LOL.
I never quit watching it. I just hated most of what I was seeing but I've been enjoying it now since around October.

There seems to be more focus on other things in addition to the mob. I like Sonny/Claudia. I like Maxie/Spinelli. I'm excited about Lucky/Liz and Jason/Sam. I'm enjoying alot of it right now. It still needs work but it's better IMO.
I think Claudia is one of the biggest and best bitches to hit daytime in a while. Some of the dialogue with her and Carly was just amazing this year.

Maxie/Spinelli - LOVE them.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

King
Dec 24 2008, 12:45 PM
PhoenixRising05
Dec 23 2008, 06:08 PM
King
Dec 23 2008, 05:58 PM
Weirdly, I think the show I watched the most this year, after DAYS, was GH. I really don't mind the mob show like most people do. I never watched GH in its glory days when it was about the actual hospital though so...LOL.
I never quit watching it. I just hated most of what I was seeing but I've been enjoying it now since around October.

There seems to be more focus on other things in addition to the mob. I like Sonny/Claudia. I like Maxie/Spinelli. I'm excited about Lucky/Liz and Jason/Sam. I'm enjoying alot of it right now. It still needs work but it's better IMO.
I think Claudia is one of the biggest and best bitches to hit daytime in a while. Some of the dialogue with her and Carly was just amazing this year.

Maxie/Spinelli - LOVE them.
I agree.

Hated her to start but once they threw her in with Sonny, I really started enjoying her. Sonny/Claudia/Ric has enormous potential as a triangle.

Claudia/Carly is pretty good. I despise Carly right now so I love when Claudia and her go at it.

CodeBlazeNuke
Member Avatar

it cool tha RogerD's Web soap got 4 nodes.. so that very cool... love tha Van got a Nod too..
Edited by CodeBlazeNuke, Dec 24 2008, 05:08 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply