Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD Cover; January 6th issue
Topic Started: Dec 23 2008, 05:44 PM (3,164 Views)
ginababe
BANNED

http://soapzone.com/boards/read.php/gh/main/10513384

2009 Preview!

Days: John & Marlena Get Married!

GL: The Woman Philip Returns For!

Y&R: Katherine Comes Home! But She's In For A Big Surprise...

GH: Liz & Lucky Together Again!

AMC: Kendall's Shocking Secret
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Wow...J&M get a wedding?

That makes me feel somewhat better LOL.

Mason

I'm not getting my hopes up for J&M's last minute wedding. It'll probably be just as rushed and unsatisfying as Austin and Carrie's quickie wedding in 2006, just before they left.

And before anyone calls me a pessimist, I'm not. I'm simply being realistic.

Ellie

PhoenixRising05
Dec 23 2008, 05:46 PM
Wow...J&M get a wedding?
haha who said that?? Tony and Anna got married too.

Ellie

Mason
Dec 23 2008, 05:49 PM
I'm not getting my hopes up for J&M's last minute wedding. It'll probably be just as rushed and unsatisfying as Austin and Carrie's quickie wedding in 2006, just before they left.

And before anyone calls me a pessimist, I'm not. I'm simply being realistic.
Mason, my expectations could not be any lower here. We'll be realists together on this one.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

^True but it's more then I expected. I expected it to be him remembering and them just leaving town.

It may still suck but it's better then nothing. They didn't even have to do that so I'll take what I can get.

I like to maintain some optimism. Hell, it's Christmas for heaven's sake! Who needs realism all the time, especially this time of year. Reality sucks LOL.
Edited by PhoenixRising05, Dec 23 2008, 05:52 PM.

Mason

^ That's the problem though. We shouldn't have to just take what we can get. Mediocrity shouldn't be the norm.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Mason
Dec 23 2008, 05:52 PM
^ That's the problem though. We shouldn't have to just take what we can get. Mediocrity shouldn't be the norm.
Did I say YOU had to?

All I said is that is what I was doing and that sometimes it wouldn't hurt to not think the worse case scenario. That's all. It's not like I was telling anyone what to do.

I was actually trying to have a big of fun too but forget that. Besides, mediocrity is subject. We all view things differently.

Mason

PhoenixRising05
Dec 23 2008, 05:55 PM
Mason
Did I say YOU had to?

All I said is that is what I was doing and that sometimes it wouldn't hurt to not think the worse case scenario. That's all. It's not like I was telling anyone what to do.

I was actually trying to have a big of fun too but forget that. Besides, mediocrity is subject. We all view things differently.
Did I say that's what you were saying?

Nubia
Member Avatar
The Queen

Ellie
Dec 23 2008, 05:49 PM
PhoenixRising05
Dec 23 2008, 05:46 PM
Wow...J&M get a wedding?
haha who said that?? Tony and Anna got married too.
Maybe they will all get married and disappear into a foggy night together....
Edited by Nubia, Dec 23 2008, 06:03 PM.

squee
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Dec 23 2008, 05:51 PM
It may still suck
LOL! Is that like it may be dark at night? Or the sun may be hot?

Quote:

but it's better then nothing.

See, and I'd rather have nothing than complete crap

Oh well, to each his own :tounge:

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Mason
Dec 23 2008, 05:58 PM
PhoenixRising05
Dec 23 2008, 05:55 PM
Mason
Did I say YOU had to?

Did I say that's what you were saying?
Maybe not but I got the sense you were alluding to me saying that. If not, I apologize but usually people think that I so cavalierly accept shit and I don't. I just give everything a chance and wait until it unfolds before judging. I can understand others not doing that but it's the way I am.

I was honestly just trying to have some fun with my comments too but clearly you didn't think so and there we have it LOL.

Ellie

Ok... I'm going to think of possibilities. Maybe we can have a contest, haha. Who comes up with the right one?

A) J&M get an all-out full wedding on the show. (My vote: never)

B) J&M get married offscreen on their way out of Salem. They call Brady to tell him and he tells everyone else.

C) J&M get married offscreen then come back and announce their marriage, then leave.

D) New John and Marlena get married, then New John becomes Old John and forgets he's married.

E) New John marries Dr. Charlotte Taylor and thinks she's Marlena, so he writes her name on the license.

Anyone else have guesses??

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Here's one: John remembers and him and Marlena decide to get away from it all after everything. They decide to remarry in front of loved ones and leave town.

I'm pretty sure on this one. I think it may end up being rushed but I don't think it will be offscreen. I still think Corday would've never gotten rid of them if not for the 40% cut. He knows how important they are in terms of how many fans they have and while they have had shit to play, he's going to want to give them some sort of nice sendoff onscreen. It may be rushed but I don't think it will be as shoddy as it happening offscreen.

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

I would hope for this to be a nice, intimate ceremony for these two. Its the least they deserve now! I was happy with Belle & Shawn's wedding prior to their departure, so anything like that would be wonderful.

Ellie

PhoenixRising05
Dec 23 2008, 06:38 PM
Here's one: John remembers and him and Marlena decide to get away from it all after everything. They decide to remarry in front of loved ones and leave town.
LOL I just wrote a fanfic where that was the reason for their leaving. But if that's not enough to tell me it's not going to happen, I don't see how this fits with the information that Sandra Robinson shared. She made it sound like her character is the impetus for J&M leaving.

(And I disagree on Corday but I personally don't feel like getting into that discussion again now.)

Kyrai

Ellie
Dec 23 2008, 06:22 PM
Ok... I'm going to think of possibilities. Maybe we can have a contest, haha. Who comes up with the right one?

A) J&M get an all-out full wedding on the show. (My vote: never)

B) J&M get married offscreen on their way out of Salem. They call Brady to tell him and he tells everyone else.

C) J&M get married offscreen then come back and announce their marriage, then leave.

D) New John and Marlena get married, then New John becomes Old John and forgets he's married.

E) New John marries Dr. Charlotte Taylor and thinks she's Marlena, so he writes her name on the license.

Anyone else have guesses??
I'm afraid it will be E or Charlotte is gonna order him to marry Marlena, but I'd like a nice small ceremony with their friends. I care more about John restoring his relationship with Marlena and their friends, and J&M having nice moments with their friends before they leave more than a wedding.

I know I keep asking for trouble hoping, but I still want a nice send-off with Bo, Hope, Abe, Caroline, Vic, Brady, etc. I'd hate them leaving without any resolution. Those relationships meant alot to me over the years. Caroline used to be like a mother to J&M.

I'm a total moron. I'm already missing them. I've been seeing so many scenes from this year, lately. Despite the story getting hosed, there were some good moments. Marlena and John were wonderful early in the year, and John had a lot of good one-liners all year. I know I'm better off, but I'm gonna miss that humor, miss wanting to see them together.

e83talus
Member Avatar

Ellie
Dec 23 2008, 06:55 PM
PhoenixRising05
Dec 23 2008, 06:38 PM
LOL I just wrote a fanfic where that was the reason for their leaving. But if that's not enough to tell me it's not going to happen, I don't see how this fits with the information that Sandra Robinson shared. She made it sound like her character is the impetus for J&M leaving.

(And I disagree on Corday but I personally don't feel like getting into that discussion again now.)
I was thinking about your fan fic when I read this comment.

I agree with you Pheonix, it is better than I expected. I will dream of how this comes about over the next day and give myself a nice Christmas dream. I am fully ready to wake up on Decemeber 26, 2008 to the reality of the mess that I am sure Days has in store for us, but for now I'll take it! ;)

Ellie

Kyrai
Dec 23 2008, 07:05 PM
I'm afraid it will be E or Charlotte is gonna order him to marry Marlena, but I'd like a nice small ceremony with their friends. I care more about John restoring his relationship with Marlena and their friends, and J&M having nice moments with their friends before they leave more than a wedding.
Ohhh, maybe she holds them at gunpoint or something. I could totally see that! (And I'm not hopeful at all for any kind of nice, sweet ceremony, whether small or big.)

Quote:

I know I keep asking for trouble hoping, but I still want a nice send-off with Bo, Hope, Abe, Caroline, Vic, Brady, etc. I'd hate them leaving without any resolution. Those relationships meant alot to me over the years. Caroline used to be like a mother to J&M.
Well, Caroline's not my favorite at all, but I know what you mean. I am not hopeful for any of this, though. I wonder if any loose ends will be tied up at all.

Quote:

I'm a total moron. I'm already missing them. I've been seeing so many scenes from this year, lately. Despite the story getting hosed, there were some good moments. Marlena and John were wonderful early in the year, and John had a lot of good one-liners all year. I know I'm better off, but I'm gonna miss that humor, miss wanting to see them together.
Uh, I beg to differ about the moron thing. But I'm already missing them so much too. And sadly, I don't expect their last days on the show to give us any of the closure that you're so beautifully describing we need.

Ellie

e83talus
Dec 23 2008, 07:13 PM
I was thinking about your fan fic when I read this comment.
haha yeah, sadly, I'm not sure we'll see PhoenixRising's scenario play out anywhere other than there.

Quote:

I agree with you Pheonix, it is better than I expected. I will dream of how this comes about over the next day and give myself a nice Christmas dream. I am fully ready to wake up on Decemeber 26, 2008 to the reality of the mess that I am sure Days has in store for us, but for now I'll take it! ;)
That's a nice plan! Except DR will have the article tomorrow morning, so you might want to skip that, then. (Not sure if the article will give details but I'm expecting at least a little writeup.) Or who knows, maybe whatever article there is will add to your Christmas dreams! (And then we'll all get let down after, lol.)

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply