Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD Cover; January 6th issue
Topic Started: Dec 23 2008, 05:44 PM (3,299 Views)
Dr. Chip

Max will invite Melanie to the wedding, and somehow the episode will revolve around her. I just know it.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Ellie

Dr. Chip
Dec 23 2008, 07:22 PM
Max will invite Melanie to the wedding, and somehow the episode will revolve around her. I just know it.
LOL! Will definitely add that to the list!

Mikegoldy
Member Avatar

I just want Dee or Drake to speak out about this. I would love to hear how they really feel. There is more to this story and I want to know about it!

As for the wedding, I believe it will happen onscreen, but it will be rushed. I hope for propper goodbyes though.

Hergie23
Member Avatar

Dr. Chip
Dec 23 2008, 07:22 PM
LMAO, sad but true.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Honestly, people. Do you really think Days will be that bad about it?

Just because Sandra said that Charlotte is the catalyst does not mean she will play a role in the wedding at all. She may bring it about but I would think J&M fans would let their happiness over a wedding override Charlotte's involvement.

I will give you they aren't getting the exit they deserve and that it being about Charlotte at the moment is dumb but, in all honesty, if you think Days is going to do this offscreen or make the ceremony about someone other then J&M, then this is a pointless argument I can't win. Corday knows J&M have a fanbase and while I'm sure this will be rushed, I'm pretty sure the ceremony will be at least halfway decent and about them and no one else. Before and after the ceremony is anyone's guess and I'm sure it will not be offscreen. I can understand being pessimistic given everything but I can't see how it can't believed you will at least get what I'm describing. Even if Corday wanted to shit all over J&M, he would still want to put out a halfway decent ceremony so he can promote it in hopes of more ratings (doubt it will make a different but still) and in hopes of maybe keeping some J&M fans, although that is doubtful.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Mikegoldy
Dec 23 2008, 07:32 PM
I just want Dee or Drake to speak out about this. I would love to hear how they really feel. There is more to this story and I want to know about it!

As for the wedding, I believe it will happen onscreen, but it will be rushed. I hope for propper goodbyes though.
I agree.

I don't understand why they haven't spoke out yet. Drake just did a FYI interivew in SOW. Why they haven't spoken out in some form is beyond me. It still makes me think there is more to this and that they will be back sooner rather then later.

Ellie

Tim, to reply to what you said a few posts up: For one thing, you said in your post that J&M leave town to get away from it all, while Sandra Robinson said that J&M leave town because of her. Those two things seem to contradict each other, which is part of what I was pointing out in my post.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

Jinxie
Dec 23 2008, 06:48 PM
I would hope for this to be a nice, intimate ceremony for these two. Its the least they deserve now! I was happy with Belle & Shawn's wedding prior to their departure, so anything like that would be wonderful.
Their last wedding was nice and intimate.

Kyrai

PhoenixRising05
Dec 23 2008, 07:42 PM

Just because Sandra said that Charlotte is the catalyst does not mean she will play a role in the wedding at all. She may bring it about but I would think J&M fans would let their happiness over a wedding override Charlotte's involvement.

I will give you they aren't getting the exit they deserve and that it being about Charlotte at the moment is dumb but, in all honesty, if you think Days is going to do this offscreen or make the ceremony about someone other then J&M, then this is a pointless argument I can't win. Corday knows J&M have a fanbase and while I'm sure this will be rushed, I'm pretty sure the ceremony will be at least halfway decent and about them and no one else. Before and after the ceremony is anyone's guess and I'm sure it will not be offscreen. I can understand being pessimistic given everything but I can't see how it can't believed you will at least get what I'm describing. Even if Corday wanted to shit all over J&M, he would still want to put out a halfway decent ceremony so he can promote it in hopes of more ratings (doubt it will make a different but still) and in hopes of maybe keeping some J&M fans, although that is doubtful.
You know, I really don't. I really want some nice moments.

It just seems like every time I've typed that in the past, almost the next second something bad happens. So many times I thought the story was going somewhere, and it did a 360. I was so excited to see Brady back, then wham, J&M are fired. I liked Charlotte and was hoping for some good J&M at the end, and we haven't seen much of them, and from SF's interview it sounds like they made it more her story. Marlena invited John to spend Christmas with her, and he had to ask Charlotte's permission.

I just feel silly hoping. But yes, I still hope. Yes, I want good family/friend scenes. Do I think they might make it more about Charlotte? Yes, I do, but that won't bother me if I get good J&M. I'd like better, but I'm better off if I try to curb my hopes.

I'm paranoid. (but yes, deep down I'm hoping like crazy).

Pretty In Pink

Good. Let J&M get married and send them off of Days forever!

Mason
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Based on the crappy writing for them up to this point, absolutely, I do. It seems pretty clear Higley, Tomlin, etc. aren't interested in writing good material for J&M, and just want to get them off the show with as little effort as possible.
Edited by Mason, Dec 23 2008, 08:46 PM.

hops
Member Avatar

Kyrai
Dec 23 2008, 08:23 PM
You know, I really don't. I really want some nice moments.

It just seems like every time I've typed that in the past, almost the next second something bad happens. So many times I thought the story was going somewhere, and it did a 360. I was so excited to see Brady back, then wham, J&M are fired. I liked Charlotte and was hoping for some good J&M at the end, and we haven't seen much of them, and from SF's interview it sounds like they made it more her story. Marlena invited John to spend Christmas with her, and he had to ask Charlotte's permission.

I just feel silly hoping. But yes, I still hope. Yes, I want good family/friend scenes. Do I think they might make it more about Charlotte? Yes, I do, but that won't bother me if I get good J&M. I'd like better, but I'm better off if I try to curb my hopes.

I'm paranoid. (but yes, deep down I'm hoping like crazy).
I'm with you Kyrai, lol. I used to hope and since nothing good has come of hoping, and as you say, seems to do a 360 when given just the smallest hint that things might be turning around for the better, I just can't do it anymore. Obviously, I do 'hope' for a word or a look that will make me happy, otherwise I wouldn't still be here, but more then a few good sentences? That would be the biggest surprise Days could ever give me. So, in order to not be as disappointed as I could be, I try and be realistic and sad to say, Days never disappoints me that way.

hops
Member Avatar

Mason
Dec 23 2008, 08:46 PM
PhoenixRising05
Based on the crappy writing for them up to this point, absolutely, I do. It seems pretty clear Higley, Tomlin, etc. aren't interested in writing good material for J&M, and just want to get them off the show with as little effort as possible.
Sad to say, I agree.

Dr. Chip

PhoenixRising05
Yes.

Kenny
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
It certainly wouldn't surprise me.

phloeishot
Member Avatar

The thing that sucks is that there's no build up to this wedding. Why does Jawn suddenly want to marry Marlena? What they should have done was have Jawn start to remember his life little by little and begin to connect with Marlena.

Kenny
Member Avatar

phloeishot
Dec 23 2008, 10:31 PM
The thing that sucks is that there's no build up to this wedding. Why does Jawn suddenly want to marry Marlena? What they should have done was have Jawn start to remember his life little by little and begin to connect with Marlena.
They should've done it that way, but of course it made too much sense.

Higley wants this exit to be as rushed and horribly written as possible.

JohnandMarlenaFreak
Member Avatar

JM get married,YAHOOOOOOOOOOO,I bet Higley will do what JER did to Ethan and Theresa fans have then get married then there gone in the same episode.

hops
Member Avatar

phloeishot
Dec 23 2008, 10:31 PM
A big WORD! to that.

misch
Member Avatar

as much as i'm happy to hear they are getting married before they leave, there is no build up, no continuity. sami should be there ( she was a big part of the storyline all year and she should be there for marlena (and ali and dee's history)).
i want them to be respectful of the history of j&m. just like any one else that has come and gone and left their mark on this show. but these two have deserved it more. i'm trying to be optimistic.
but the holiday episodes have soured me and if they are leaving in 3 weeks, there is no story to propel them forward. did i mention this whole thing stinks the big one.

:grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply