Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD Cover; January 6th issue
Topic Started: Dec 23 2008, 05:44 PM (3,274 Views)
Mason
Member Avatar

Nubia
Dec 24 2008, 02:04 PM
I think their Wedding will be like Carrie and Austin's final wedding....Wham, Bam, Thank you Mama, and See Ya!
I said the same thing, and I still believe that's what it'll be like. I'm not expecting much at all.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

King
Member Avatar

It'll be bigger than that.

Even though IIII think A&C are better than J*M, the show doesn't think that way.

Also, that was the changing of regimes, so it was out with the old and in with the new. This is the same writer and producer.

And they're afraid of losing J*M fans. They didn't have to worry about that with A&C fans.

Ellie

King
Dec 24 2008, 02:01 PM
I think the J*M wedding will be on-screen, big, and elaborate, but will focus more on the mini-drama of the babyswitch and Mel/Phil/Steph at the wedding and the reception.

I think that is the most realistic prediction.

Like the episode in which John died. Big. Amazing. But ultimately, it pushed Sami to sign the divorce papers.
All signs pointed to the fact that one man was largely responsible for the excellence that was that week, and Corday fired him a few months back.

King
Member Avatar

That doesn't really matter, Ellie, at least not in regard to what I am saying. haha

Mason
Member Avatar

King
Dec 24 2008, 02:08 PM

Even though IIII think A&C are better than J*M, the show doesn't think that way.

Also, that was the changing of regimes, so it was out with the old and in with the new. This is the same writer and producer.
That's exactly my point. Higley and Tomlin are the same writer/producer who don't give a rat's ass about J&M.

I certainly hope you're right, but I'm not counting on it.

King
Member Avatar

We'll have to wait and see then!

Anyone know when D*D's last tape date was?

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

King

And they're afraid of losing J*M fans. They didn't have to worry about that with A&C fans.
I agree completely.

And Ed Scott does not get all the credit for the greatness that is John's death. Afterall, someone had to write it LOL. He made it look good and executed it well but the writing was there.

Ellie

Mason
Dec 24 2008, 02:11 PM
King

That's exactly my point. Higley and Tomlin are the same writer/producer who don't give a rat's ass about J&M.

I certainly hope you're right, but I'm not counting on it.
Yep, Mason, I'm on your team for this one, lol. Couldn't agree more.

But we'll all see in a few weeks!

Deleted User
Deleted User

King
Dec 24 2008, 02:12 PM

No but their last airdate is the 23rd!
Quote Post Goto Top

King
Member Avatar

So they've probably already taped.

We should be hearing something soon!

JohnandMarlenaFreak
Member Avatar

King
Dec 24 2008, 02:12 PM

December 16th,Corday wanted them gone before the Christmas break.

daisysmommy

But Jason has her contract expiring 8/09 and his 1/10.

So now I am thinking with that wording that it really is a hoax. Today was adorable and pathetic. I look around and think, who will be holding down the fort next xmas? Chelsea? Lucas? Maggie? Theo? Dag.

King
Member Avatar

Yikes.

I am surprised info on the wedding and their exit hasn't been leaked yet. LOL.

Kyrai

ladyofthelake
Dec 24 2008, 01:42 PM
About the low-cut dresses....I think that might be a TV thing. I know that on One Life (yeah, I refer back to that a lot!), Natalie wore pretty low cut dresses at BE, too. Lexie used to wear those under her jacket at the hospital. Actually, I think some of the female docs on ER do, too. Not to mention Mariska Hargitay on Law and Order SVU, and Olivia Benson works around pervs all day! I don't know if that's a new style, or just TV pushing women's sexuality again. Although, i do know a couple of teachers I work with who shouldn't lean over......
I've seen it alot as well. It's probably just me, but when you see it commonly, it loses it's impact. I know the guys seem to run around shirtless alot too. I spent pretty nigh half my life waiting for Drake to take that shirt off, and Lord knows he did every chance he got, God bless him, but if he never wore a shirt, I think it would have killed the fun of it.

I always like those first dates where the guy and gal get all gussied up and the guy stares at her, happy that he's out with her. I guess I'm just old. I enjoyed the dates and parties where they got all dressed to show their stuff.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply