Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Roseanne
Topic Started: Dec 23 2008, 10:53 PM (5,342 Views)
Kirk
Member Avatar
Captain Kirk

Roseanne is one of my all time favorite shows and I think a reason for that was because my upbringing was alot like that of what was portrayed on TV.

I can talk about anything with my parents(besides me being bisexual), from straight sexual talk, drugs, alcohol, just any kind of talk really, even cursing with words like cunt, goddamn.

In high school my parents let me drink as long as I gave them the keys to my car and when me and all my siblings all turned 18 they allowed us and still allow us to smoke weed with them inside the house. This may sound horrible, but the open relationship I have with both of parents is something I am glad I have.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

My life is much of the same, Kirk. Can't talk to my folks about anything. Even the drinking aspect ... they don't know anything about that.

Scott
Member Avatar

Wow Jinxie I could never imagine growing up in a world like that. My mom and I always talked about anything. I know that if I went and told her that I was gay right now she'd be kosher with it. It's strange that I haven't tole her yet because I know she would be open and accepting about it, but for some reason I can't bring myself to do it.

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

Its pretty tough Scott, but that's why most people turn to their friends.

Scott
Member Avatar

Yeah I know that and those that know have been really cool with it all. Even the girl I was dating was really cool about it when I told her. I know my mom wouldn't care, or my dad or the rest of my family, minus the grandparents, but I still can't bring myself to do it, lol.

There are a lot of parallels between Roseanne and my Mom.

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

Wait Scott. Who knows, your mom and ex?

Scott
Member Avatar

No after this weekend my Ex, two cousins and a couple of friends know. One of my sisters has a pretty good idea and I think my Mom can guess it but I haven't confirmed it to them.

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

Scott
Apr 13 2009, 11:48 PM
No after this weekend my Ex, two cousins and a couple of friends know. One of my sisters has a pretty good idea and I think my Mom can guess it but I haven't confirmed it to them.
Yeah, parents don't like to face the fact to certain things.

Scott
Member Avatar

Yeah i'm sure they'd be fine with it, I'm just not ready to tell them.

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

^ another question then lol. If your mother was Roseanne, would you be prepared to tell right now?

Scott
Member Avatar

Definitely not!!!! If my mom acted like Roseanne I wouldn't tell her unless I was ready for EVERYONE to know! lol. Roseanne has a big mouth, where as my mom doesn't

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

Big mouth for sure! But, would probably take it pretty well.

Scott
Member Avatar

Yeah I mean her mom was a freaking lesbian and she was cool with it, her boss was gay and her friend was a lesbian as well!

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

Which friend was the lesbian?

Scott
Member Avatar

The character that Sandra Bernhard played ended up being a lesbian didn't she?

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

Yeah. They had her married to Roseanne's real life husband at the time (Tom Arnold) and then after he left she became a lesbian and was dating Morgan Fairchild in some episode where Morgan kissed Roseanne that was a big deal at the time.

Diane
Member Avatar

I always watch Roseanne still. I just like how real and down to earth they are. I don't want to watch a sitcom where the family is so perfect. What family is?

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

My mom is a mix between Roseanne and Bree Van de Camp LOL

At home around the family she's totally Roseanne, but in public and when company is over she is always baking cookies and keeping up appearances. :lol:

KMan101
Member Avatar

Rick
May 21 2009, 10:13 PM
My mom is a mix between Roseanne and Bree Van de Camp LOL

At home around the family she's totally Roseanne, but in public and when company is over she is always baking cookies and keeping up appearances. :lol:
Hahaha, that's awesome. I love that.

Scott
Member Avatar

See my mom is Roseanne all the way minus the constant need to embarrass us lol.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Retro TV Talk · Next Topic »
Add Reply