Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD: 2009 Preview! (Corday interview); Jan 6th issue; Article Summary.
Topic Started: Dec 24 2008, 10:32 AM (6,148 Views)
Ellie

Please link to DR.

Ken Corday previews 2009 for SOD in this week's issue:

Corday tells us, "There's a lot of lying and manipulation in the name of love. Who will find out and when? That's the big question in 2009."

Sami/Rafe/EJ/Nicole/Brady: Corday explains that this is the 'A' story (as he puts it) on the show. He says Sami has a baby, Nicole needs one, and "Sami and Nicole both welcome baby girls." Since EJ is focused on building the DiMera empire, EJ is distracted from seeing what's really going on. Also, Ali Sweeney has done "onerous pretapes" so that she'll be on the air "for most of her leave". Dr. Baker "knows way too much", so we'll still be seeing him. Rafe risks everything to save Sami. Brady has information about Nicole that no one else has. As the year progresses, we'll see if Brady loves Nicole, and we'll see if Brady is better for Nicole than EJ. EJ doesn't like Brady, so there will be animosity, and it "may turn into a real good triangle."

John/Marlena: "Charlotte ain't what she seems and that mystery will be solved in short order. John and Marlena will leave happily and united with a certain amount of setback. He remembers who he is. They get married and take off."

Bo/Hope: They have to deal with "trust issues" because of his "flashes". This story will include Steve and Kayla, and "Kayla's life will hang in the balance" because of these "visions" and whether or not Bo trusts them.

Philip/Stephanie/Melanie: Philip "becomes more of a Kiriakis" and has to juggle these two women. He has a thirst for power and he's "working both of these two girls". But, he loves Stephanie. Corday then says he is happy JKJ re-signed because "he's important to the future of the show."

Daniel/Chloe/Lucas: Chloe and Lucas's wedding is planned for Valentine's day, but Maggie discovers Chloe and Daniel, so "things come to a head in February."

Max/Chelsea: "I love this duo" says Corday, and they'll be "in a happy little bubble for a while."

Abe/Lexie/Theo: Abe and Lexie "bond" and Theo makes progress.

Kate: Kate is in remission, but she will have to make the hard choice as to whether to tell Daniel she loves him.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

mbdimera
Member Avatar

Thanks for posting Ellie. :)

If I have to watch the two hottest guys on the show (IMO) fighting over Nicole, that could send me over the edge. :drunk:

Ponz
Member Avatar

Ellie
Dec 24 2008, 10:32 AM
Also, Ali Sweeney has done "onerous pretapes" so that she'll be on the air "for most of her leave".
:'(

I do like the prospect of an Ejole/Bricole triangle.

Thanks, Ellie.
Edited by Ponz, Dec 24 2008, 11:12 AM.

Ellie

^^ Hahaha as I read that sentence about Ali, I thought of you! I think you and I agree completely on that issue.

Dr. Chip

If Sami/Rafe/et al is the "A" story and Corday loves Max and Chelsea, it's time to write the obit for this show.

Since 1980, I have always been one to oppose other fans who say the show should end rather than suck. I have always disagreed, because DAYS eventually got better. I've been waiting for a long time now, and I now realize it's never going to be better again.

My new year's resolution: Say goodbye to a 28-year-old friendship.

Ponz
Member Avatar

Ellie
Dec 24 2008, 11:12 AM
^^ Hahaha as I read that sentence about Ali, I thought of you! I think you and I agree completely on that issue.
And I still consider myself an Ali fan, lol. I just wish TPTB would let the character breathe once in a while. These pre-taped scenes aren't even necessary to advance the plot since Sami will presumably still be pregnant and holed up in the WPP.
Edited by Ponz, Dec 24 2008, 11:25 AM.

Jonatha

Thanks for posting, Ellie. Odd how there is a photo of J&M on the cover of SOD "John and Marlena Get Married!" Then the news is about 3 tiny sentences. Like, 'yah, he remembers and they get married and leave together." Fuck you, Corday! :flipoff:

Ellie

Ponz
Dec 24 2008, 11:24 AM
And I still consider myself an Ali fan, lol.
lol I was wondering about that after I saw your thread on SC.

Quote:

I just wish TPTB would let the character breathe once in a while. These pre-taped scenes aren't even necessary to advance the plot since Sami will presumably still be pregnant and holed up in the WPP.
Well I'm not an Ali fan but in either case, I COMPLETELY agree about the pre-tapes. The story is going in circles already - what more could happen? I'm not sure why 'TPTB' think the viewers will suffer for a few weeks without Ali Sweeney. They should have just taped her delivering the baby, and then had her go offscreen for a few weeks to recover or whatever. Maybe there is a special 'safe house hospital' somewhere, lol.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

First off, people know I like to be optimistic so I'm trying not to go nuts on this...yet. These are quite vague, especially for the SOD ones, but I'm guessing they had to be paraphrased since you can't post the article word for word on the boards anymore. If that isn't the case, Corday is probably holding back due to whoever has to get cut and such and I like that. Don't open your mouth and have to put your foot in it. I also don't want everything spoiled so I like the strategy but I digress. Here I go.

Quote:

Corday tells us, "There's a lot of lying and manipulation in the name of love. Who will find out and when? That's the big question in 2009."

Translation: This is what we have right now until I decide to screw with things or cast cutting forces us to destroy more stories, which is when we will decide the how and when. YAY!! Idiot. Why couldn't Tomlin or even Higley do the previews.

Quote:

Sami/Rafe/EJ/Nicole/Brady: Corday explains that this is the 'A' story (as he puts it) on the show. He says Sami has a baby, Nicole needs one, and "Sami and Nicole both welcome baby girls." Since EJ is focused on building the DiMera empire, EJ is distracted from seeing what's really going on. Also, Ali Sweeney has done "onerous pretapes" so that she'll be on the air "for most of her leave". Dr. Baker "knows way too much", so we'll still be seeing him. Rafe risks everything to save Sami. Brady has information about Nicole that no one else has. As the year progresses, we'll see if Brady loves Nicole, and we'll see if Brady is better for Nicole than EJ. EJ doesn't like Brady, so there will be animosity, and it "may turn into a real good triangle."

Talk about not tipping your hand. This was more summary and a basic "here is what we have, tune in to see where it goes." I like this story and don't want too much spoiled but how about telling us something like when the babies are born or about the killer or about something Nicole does or whatever. I mean, you can give out SOMETHING without being too free with spoilers. What a waste. He's lucky many don't even read the mags anymore or take this shit with a grain of salt. All I can say.

Quote:

John/Marlena: "Charlotte ain't what she seems and that mystery will be solved in short order. John and Marlena will leave happily and united with a certain amount of setback. He remembers who he is. They get married and take off."

Ok...so Charlotte is going now? They are going to rush her backstory and tie it to J&M? Stupid and moronic. How stupid. I wanted her to stay after all this BS. And they are leaving with a setback? I still think they will be back sooner then we all think. I heard most of the cutting will happen in March so I would not be surprised if they return once everything settled. That "setback" line makes me think they are leaving possible story for them to return.

Quote:

Bo/Hope: They have to deal with "trust issues" because of his "flashes". This story will include Steve and Kayla, and "Kayla's life will hang in the balance" because of these "visions" and whether or not Bo trusts them.

I have to admit I like this story only because it's different and being taken seriously. Peter Reckell said last week he liked it because it's Bo reacting to something different and that he used to not believe in. It's quirky but there are stories of it happening. I can buy it, whether I believes those stories or not. Again, not alot here to go on and I have to wonder how much this will be featured if there isn't much more to it. I like Steve and Kayla being involved but the fact that they didn't even get their own mention makes me wonder if they are just in limbo until it's decided by all that they will remain or if they already know they will be gone soon.

Quote:

Philip/Stephanie/Melanie: Philip "becomes more of a Kiriakis" and has to juggle these two women. He has a thirst for power and he's "working both of these two girls". But, he loves Stephanie. Corday then says he is happy JKJ re-signed because "he's important to the future of the show."

This sounds good all around. I think battling with Brady at Titan will bring out the Kiriakis in him. This is one time I agree with Corday. He is the future of the show.

Quote:

Daniel/Chloe/Lucas: Chloe and Lucas's wedding is planned for Valentine's day, but Maggie discovers Chloe and Daniel, so "things come to a head in February."

MAGGIE?! Maggie finds out?! I was already interested in this. Now I love it. Damn. I'm loving the use of her lately. I still have this feeling at least one person is going to be cut from this. SC's contract is up. I can see him and Nadia taking off together, if the word is true that Bryan is staying. If the rumor is true of cuts happening around March, SC started right around then so I can see him being gone and Nadia too. We'll see. I just have had this feeling since they rushed all this out there that this is an exit story for someone.

Quote:

Max/Chelsea: "I love this duo" says Corday, and they'll be "in a happy little bubble for a while."

Not much here. I do like them. I still take some issue with this but they bring out more in each other then Stax did. I have to wonder if the rumors of Brooks leaving kept Corday from saying much more because this was a waste of a preview LOL.

Quote:

Abe/Lexie/Theo: Abe and Lexie "bond" and Theo makes progress.

That's it. Nothing else. Why bother putting this here then? Just to throw it out there. Corday is such a moronic ass.

Quote:

Kate: Kate is in remission, but she will have to make the hard choice as to whether to tell Daniel she loves him.

I'm not worried about this because we all know Kate/Daniel is over after the truth about Chloe comes out. The fact that she even got a mention on her own is a good sign.

I think I like the Higley previews in SOW better since they seem to mention more. Taking both the SOW and SOD into account, it doesn't sound too bad. Based on these, it would sound awful because we really have no idea what is happening going forward and Corday sucks at previews LOL. We'll see but I didn't want to completely trash it all based on vague previews but, you would all be surprised to know that I was fuming when I first read these LOL.

Ellie

Jonatha
Dec 24 2008, 11:30 AM
Thanks for posting, Ellie. Odd how there is a photo of J&M on the cover of SOD "John and Marlena Get Married!" Then the news is about 3 tiny sentences. Like, 'yah, he remembers and they get married and leave together." Fuck you, Corday! :flipoff:
You're welcome! Yes, I think SOD considers J&M to be far more important than Corday does. I'm sure SOD is really going to miss them!

Ellie

PhoenixRising05
Dec 24 2008, 11:34 AM
First off, people know I like to be optimistic so I'm trying not to go nuts on this...yet. These are quite vague, especially for the SOD ones, but I'm guessing they had to be paraphrased since you can't post the article word for word on the boards anymore. If that isn't the case, Corday is probably holding back due to whoever has to get cut and such and I like that.
Tim, I'm glad you brought this up because I wanted to put a note in to this effect. I paraphrased these only by rearranging the words and replacing words with others here and there. (As you said, it is necessary because of copyright issues.) But the length of these is almost exactly equal to the length in the magazine. In other words, I did the summary sentence by sentence. They are vague because of Corday, not because they are summarized.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Ellie
Dec 24 2008, 11:33 AM
Ponz
Dec 24 2008, 11:24 AM
And I still consider myself an Ali fan, lol.
lol I was wondering about that after I saw your thread on SC.

Quote:

I just wish TPTB would let the character breathe once in a while. These pre-taped scenes aren't even necessary to advance the plot since Sami will presumably still be pregnant and holed up in the WPP.
Well I'm not an Ali fan but in either case, I COMPLETELY agree about the pre-tapes. The story is going in circles already - what more could happen? I'm not sure why 'TPTB' think the viewers will suffer for a few weeks without Ali Sweeney. They should have just taped her delivering the baby, and then had her go offscreen for a few weeks to recover or whatever. Maybe there is a special 'safe house hospital' somewhere, lol.
I agree. For one, they started the WP arc way too early. It went around in circles during sweeps and finally caught on to the story in December, after many people grew to hate the Sami/Rafe aspect.

They should just rest her. All they have to do is have the killer come after her. She is no longer safe at the safehouse so she gets moved elsewhere with another guard. Meanwhile, Rafe moves on to Salem to investigate the Dimera's and catch the killer. There you go. It all makes sense. Why the show NEEDS to have Ali all the time is beyond me. Give it a rest. Ugh.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Ellie
Dec 24 2008, 11:37 AM
PhoenixRising05
First off, people know I like to be optimistic so I'm trying not to go nuts on this...yet. These are quite vague, especially for the SOD ones, but I'm guessing they had to be paraphrased since you can't post the article word for word on the boards anymore. If that isn't the case, Corday is probably holding back due to whoever has to get cut and such and I like that.
Tim, I'm glad you brought this up because I wanted to put a note in to this effect. I paraphrased these only by rearranging the words and replacing words with others here and there. (As you said, it is necessary because of copyright issues.) But the length of these is almost exactly equal to the length in the magazine. In other words, I did the summary sentence by sentence. They are vague because of Corday, not because they are summarized.
Thanks for that. Ellie. I knew you had to change it so I had to ask to see what the actual previews were like.

I think alot of it is just Corday because he sucks at doing these but also alot of it is the cuts. He doesn't want to put his foot in his mouth by previewing something that gets scrapped when someone is cut. I can understand that he is being reserved due to instability but that makes for some lackluster previews LOL.

Ellie

PhoenixRising05
Dec 24 2008, 11:39 AM
Ellie
PhoenixRising05
Thanks for that. Ellie. I knew you had to change it so I had to ask to see what the actual previews were like.

I think alot of it is just Corday because he sucks at doing these but also alot of it is the cuts. He doesn't want to put his foot in his mouth by previewing something that gets scrapped when someone is cut. I can understand that he is being reserved due to instability but that makes for some lackluster previews LOL.
You're welcome. The 'vagueness' of these actually made me think that perhaps there's some instability backstage or something, whether regarding actors or writing. Agree though about the cuts, I'm sure that was a factor.

jules

Jonatha
I'll second that Corday sentiment. Could he be anymore demeaning than he already is to them? I guess I should be used to J&M being marginalized, but this sounds like a mere afterthougt. As for the rest, nothing sounds very intriguing to me. Wasn't Chex a flop the first time? The Abe/Lexi stuff sounds like more of the same that's been going on since the summer. And I'll just keep my mouth shut about the endless days of Sami lol!
Thanks Ellie :wave:

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Ellie
Dec 24 2008, 11:44 AM
PhoenixRising05
Dec 24 2008, 11:39 AM
Ellie
PhoenixRising05

You're welcome. The 'vagueness' of these actually made me think that perhaps there's some instability backstage or something, whether regarding actors or writing. Agree though about the cuts, I'm sure that was a factor.
Definitely. The SOD ones are always more detailed then this and usually more comprehensive. Sometimes they will still be nothing but summary and such but they are never like this. The first story is really the only story that got any detail but it wasn't even detail as much as summary and that story with Sami/Rafe/Nicole/EJ/Brady is the one story that has had comsistent direction and the one story that seemingly won't be affected by any cuts. Thus, Corday focused on that a bit more.

You can tell the show held back considerably on these and I'm glad they did if they aren't sure who is going yet for sure.

Ellie

^^ Agree Tim, and you're right, I'd forgotten how detailed the SOD preview articles usually are.

Ellie

jules
Dec 24 2008, 11:49 AM
Jonatha
I'll second that Corday sentiment. Could he be anymore demeaning than he already is to them? I guess I should be used to J&M being marginalized, but this sounds like a mere afterthougt. As for the rest, nothing sounds very intriguing to me. Wasn't Chex a flop the first time? The Abe/Lexi stuff sounds like more of the same that's been going on since the summer. And I'll just keep my mouth shut about the endless days of Sami lol!
Thanks Ellie :wave:
LOL! ITA. And you're welcome.

And about Chex - I can't even understand why they're going down that road. Whyyyy does Corday like that couple?? Is he attracted to couples who are related to each other? Why not try pairing some blood relatives on his show then?

zyona

Every time Corday is desperate he gives an interview. This idiot should know better that the fans are smarter than he is, and we can smell desperation or a cry for help toward the rating easily.

leelee
Member Avatar

At least it seems like J&M get their happily-ever-after.....but Ali pre-taped? Seriously....with show could do without Alison Freaking Sweeney for a little while....

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply