Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD: 2009 Preview! (Corday interview); Jan 6th issue; Article Summary.
Topic Started: Dec 24 2008, 10:32 AM (6,354 Views)
PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

King
Dec 24 2008, 01:08 PM
Because he said Charlotte isn't who she seems to be! Haha. "The mystery will be solved in short order" means to me that it was going to be a bigger mystery but it will be solved quickly b/c they're leaving. She can stay on and interact with Steffy and EJizzle!
Hmm...maybe. Not sure if that means she is Kristen. It would be a nice surprise, though.

I actually took that to mean she would be leaving the canvas too but Sandra did hint at sticking around so we'll see.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Ellie
Dec 24 2008, 11:44 AM
PhoenixRising05
Dec 24 2008, 11:39 AM
Ellie
Dec 24 2008, 11:37 AM
PhoenixRising05
Dec 24 2008, 11:34 AM
First off, people know I like to be optimistic so I'm trying not to go nuts on this...yet. These are quite vague, especially for the SOD ones, but I'm guessing they had to be paraphrased since you can't post the article word for word on the boards anymore. If that isn't the case, Corday is probably holding back due to whoever has to get cut and such and I like that.
Tim, I'm glad you brought this up because I wanted to put a note in to this effect. I paraphrased these only by rearranging the words and replacing words with others here and there. (As you said, it is necessary because of copyright issues.) But the length of these is almost exactly equal to the length in the magazine. In other words, I did the summary sentence by sentence. They are vague because of Corday, not because they are summarized.
Thanks for that. Ellie. I knew you had to change it so I had to ask to see what the actual previews were like.

I think alot of it is just Corday because he sucks at doing these but also alot of it is the cuts. He doesn't want to put his foot in his mouth by previewing something that gets scrapped when someone is cut. I can understand that he is being reserved due to instability but that makes for some lackluster previews LOL.
You're welcome. The 'vagueness' of these actually made me think that perhaps there's some instability backstage or something, whether regarding actors or writing. Agree though about the cuts, I'm sure that was a factor.
Instability? Backstage at Days? Ellie, you must be dreaming. ;)
I've decided that Charlotte is really Alex North, who didn't die, but had a sex change operation and is now enamored with John. Thanks to Bo's psychic abilities, the day is saved, LOL.
Seriously, it does seem liked her story is wrapped up fast. Kenny Whiplash does it again.
I hope Maggie tears Chloe and Dan a new one. You don't MESS with one of Maggie's family members!
I'm not surprised the whole Ejamioleafedy (did I miss anyone?) story is the A story. I would be intrigued with a Nicole/Brady hook-up. As much as I liked EJole, I think, to keep EJ intact, once he finds out about the baby, they're toast. BUT, Ejami should be, too. The thought of him shunning women for a while and turning to the dark side a la Stefano could be intriguing.
I hope they don't mess up the Bo/Hope/Steve/Kayla storyline. I love seeing the four of them interact.
I hope they give JKJ some good dark Philip moments. Right now, I fear he's kinda phoning it in.
I just have to take my usual wait and see attitude, because these spoilers can turn on a dime or disappear.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Mason
Dec 24 2008, 01:13 PM
Dr. Chip
Dec 24 2008, 01:09 PM
Mason
Dec 24 2008, 12:13 PM
I hope Maggie blows Daniel and Chloe's skanky asses out of the water!
I had to read this a second time, and a little more slowly than before.

I read "I hope Maggie blows Daniel . . . " and I was, like, "You what?!"
LOL! I want to see Maggie, but not THAT badly!
Exactly. We don't need Daniel getting involved with another woman, let alone Maggie. She does not deserve that LOL.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Ellie
Dec 24 2008, 01:14 PM
King
Dec 24 2008, 01:08 PM
Because he said Charlotte isn't who she seems to be! Haha. "The mystery will be solved in short order" means to me that it was going to be a bigger mystery but it will be solved quickly b/c they're leaving. She can stay on and interact with Steffy and EJizzle!
LOL but she's a totally different character!

I don't think Corday would ever recast Kristen, especially with John out of the picture. Also the EJ soras-ing thing is really weird, so I bet he'd want to keep Kristen offscreen because of that.
She may be acting like a different person. She's not going to give up clues to her identity LOL.

I don't think she is but I don't think her acting differently makes it hard to believe it's not Kristen.

aimees76
Member Avatar

I read this thread when it was first posted and I couldn't respond ... I thought I would come back later and have something to say, but .... I don't. Just ... uuuhhh!!!

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

PhoenixRising05
Dec 24 2008, 01:15 PM
Mason
Dr. Chip
Mason

Exactly. We don't need Daniel getting involved with another woman, let alone Maggie. She does not deserve that LOL.
You do realize you've jinxed this now, don't you? Now, someone little toadie from NBC is reading this and is thinking "A HA!!! Maggie and Daniel!" :D

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

ladyofthelake
Dec 24 2008, 01:19 PM
PhoenixRising05
Mason
Dr. Chip
Mason

You do realize you've jinxed this now, don't you? Now, someone little toadie from NBC is reading this and is thinking "A HA!!! Maggie and Daniel!" :D
Don't be silly. They don't come here.

They don't read the boards they should be reading. They are too busy reading and listening to the nutjobs at NBC.com :laugh: .

King
Member Avatar

We shall see, but I am sticking to my Kristen theory!

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

King
Dec 24 2008, 01:22 PM
We shall see, but I am sticking to my Kristen theory!
Probably. Darn. :D

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

PhoenixRising05
Dec 24 2008, 01:20 PM
ladyofthelake
PhoenixRising05
Mason
Dr. Chip
Mason

They don't read the boards they should be reading. They are too busy reading and listening to the nutjobs at NBC.com :laugh: .
UNLESS some lurker reads it here and goes running to NBC with it!! :D

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

ladyofthelake
Dec 24 2008, 01:26 PM
PhoenixRising05
ladyofthelake
PhoenixRising05
Mason
Dr. Chip
Mason

Ugh. Don't scare me like that on Christmas Eve :laugh: .

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

PhoenixRising05
Dec 24 2008, 01:32 PM
ladyofthelake
Dec 24 2008, 01:26 PM
PhoenixRising05
ladyofthelake
PhoenixRising05
Mason
Dr. Chip
Mason

Ugh. Don't scare me like that on Christmas Eve :laugh: .
It's payback time, Tim! :D :smooch:

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

:laugh:

Aww...what did I do? LOL.

Having said that, I would like Maggie to get some action. Just not in the form of Daniel :laugh: .

Tammy
Member Avatar

Dr. Chip
Mason

O.M.F.G I am laughing SO hard right now!

squee
Member Avatar

Kyrai
Dec 24 2008, 12:46 PM
Tammy
Ellie
Dec 24 2008, 10:32 AM
John/Marlena: "Charlotte ain't what she seems and that mystery will be solved in short order. John and Marlena will leave happily and united with a certain amount of setback. He remembers who he is. They get married and take off."

W.T.F. is THAT supposed to mean? They leave with a "set back"? That doesn't even make sense to me lmao.
Darn. I was hoping someone else would understand that. The only 'certain' amount of setback I could think of was Charlotte, but it makes no sense to me.
Its probably just worded poorly. Chances are, it should read - They have a certain amount of setback (i.e Charlotte BS) and then they are reunited and leave.

All that with Max/Chelsea and Philip/Stephanie sounds like the setup for a Jeff Foxworthy joke:

If your Grandma throws a family-only party and you see your lover there? You might be a redneck.

Maybe Corday could license the South Park movie song, "Uncle Fucka" :laugh:

Tammy
Member Avatar

Mason
Dr. Chip
Mason

Oh you KNOW you wanna see it :P . Daniel hasn't had a red head yet. Errr that sounded nasty but you know what I mean lmao.

Ellie

squee
Dec 24 2008, 01:43 PM
Kyrai
Dec 24 2008, 12:46 PM
Tammy
Ellie
John/Marlena: "Charlotte ain't what she seems and that mystery will be solved in short order. John and Marlena will leave happily and united with a certain amount of setback. He remembers who he is. They get married and take off."

W.T.F. is THAT supposed to mean? They leave with a "set back"? That doesn't even make sense to me lmao.
Darn. I was hoping someone else would understand that. The only 'certain' amount of setback I could think of was Charlotte, but it makes no sense to me.
Its probably just worded poorly. Chances are, it should read - They have a certain amount of setback (i.e Charlotte BS) and then they are reunited and leave.
That would make sense too. LOL you never can tell with Corday! I thought by writing it in full I'd make it less confusing, but with Corday quotes, that's pretty much an impossibility.

If your Corday interpretation is right and the "setback" is before they're reunited, my guess is that on January 22nd, the setback will be over, and on January 23rd, they'll get married and leave. I mean, why would Corday waste any of Charlotte's airtime on J&M?

lene
Member Avatar

Ellie

Max/Chelsea: "I love this duo" says Corday, and they'll be "in a happy little bubble for a while."

WOHO!!!!!!!!!
Thank you Corday!!!! I LOVE THEM TOO!!!!!! :rockon: :cheer:

Ellie

squee
Dec 24 2008, 01:43 PM
Maybe Corday could license the South Park movie song, "Uncle Fucka" :laugh:
LOL!!! The incest thing is really getting out of hand, I agree.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Not much different than the SOW previews.

Thanks Eliie!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply