Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD: 2009 Preview! (Corday interview); Jan 6th issue; Article Summary.
Topic Started: Dec 24 2008, 10:32 AM (6,430 Views)
Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

Tammy
Dec 24 2008, 12:20 PM
I swear that ass wipe (Corday) talks in code lol.

LMAO Tammy! For future reference, when you use the term "that ass wipe" you do NOT need to put "Corday" after it. LOL.

Ok, these spoilers are . . . um. What have I ever done to deserve Chex? Was I really horrible to someone in a former life or something? I'm perfectly happy to have a Brady/Nicole/EJ triangle, at least as happy as I am to have any triangle, but I'm wondering if, with the other news that BD is staying and Will is returning (and apparently not for Melanie), that there's a Lucas/Sami/Rafe tri in the works. Fine with me, it's very convenient for me to have three characters I can't stand in a triangle since I can FF all of them without worrying about missing anything.

The Stephanie/Melanie/Philip stuff sounds awful, as I have no real hope that Philip will actually be all Kiriakis-y. Plus, I want to open up my veins whenever he and Melanie are onscreen together. Also, JKJ and SH have very minimal chemistry IMO and Stephanie isn't even being written as a three-dimensional person (just the hot chick with the boobs, the same treatment Chloe's been getting) so why do I care again? Oh, I don't.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mason
Member Avatar

Paxton
Dec 24 2008, 02:59 PM
Also, JKJ and SH have very minimal chemistry IMO and Stephanie isn't even being written as a three-dimensional person (just the hot chick with the boobs, the same treatment Chloe's been getting) so why do I care again? Oh, I don't.
I'm so glad to know I'm not the only one that thinks the Philip/Stephanie pairing is quite overrated.

Ellie

Mason
Dec 24 2008, 03:26 PM
Paxton
Also, JKJ and SH have very minimal chemistry IMO and Stephanie isn't even being written as a three-dimensional person (just the hot chick with the boobs, the same treatment Chloe's been getting) so why do I care again? Oh, I don't.
I'm so glad to know I'm not the only one that thinks the Philip/Stephanie pairing is quite overrated.
I think it's just another of Dena's random couples with no rhyme or reason behind them. (I've seen posts saying that the conflict of the family backgrounds might be interesting, but imo there is no chance at all that will be addressed on the show.)

daisysmommy

So, betweeen the lines, seems like Stephano, Tony, and Anna are toast. I suspect Dan & Chloe are too...And Lexi and Abe will be marginalized MORE than they have been. Vets are all gone in name, spirit and/or both.

So the A story ill be missing its key player for Q1. Which doesn't matter cuz their A story is an F anyway. They will pimp Phimelisteph...which is a yawn. Chex redux makes me LMAO. Didn't work first time.

So that leaves us with Nicole doing alot of talking to herself until James Scott reveals whether or not he re-signs.

In a way, I am deeply GRATEFUL not to have to watch this drivel once J&M leave.

kserox10

Thanks.

This sounds boring. Looks like I will not be tuning into DAYS anytime soon.

hops
Member Avatar

jules
Dec 24 2008, 11:49 AM
Jonatha
Dec 24 2008, 11:30 AM
Thanks for posting, Ellie. Odd how there is a photo of J&M on the cover of SOD "John and Marlena Get Married!" Then the news is about 3 tiny sentences. Like, 'yah, he remembers and they get married and leave together." Fuck you, Corday! :flipoff:
I'll second that Corday sentiment. Could he be anymore demeaning than he already is to them? I guess I should be used to J&M being marginalized, but this sounds like a mere afterthougt. As for the rest, nothing sounds very intriguing to me. Wasn't Chex a flop the first time? The Abe/Lexi stuff sounds like more of the same that's been going on since the summer. And I'll just keep my mouth shut about the endless days of Sami lol!
Thanks Ellie :wave:
Pretty much what you said! :)

sungrey

Max/Chelsea: "I love this duo" says Corday, and "I want to make the Max/Stephanie fans nauseous, sick to their stomachs and ready to throw up on their TV screens. Not to mention they have no chemistry, therefore Dena loves writing for them."

There. That's better.

daisysmommy

sungrey
Dec 24 2008, 05:18 PM
Max/Chelsea: "I love this duo" says Corday, and "I want to make the Max/Stephanie fans nauseous, sick to their stomachs and ready to throw up on their TV screens. Not to mention they have no chemistry, therefore Dena loves writing for them."

There. That's better.
Doesn't Max have a gig on SpikeTV? [I did LOL typing that...]

Happy bubble is a scheduling bubble, a la Sweeney. Which I gotta say, makes me laugh too. For too many reasons to even try to express.

Is there such a thing as a Luole fan? A Dan+ ANY [random-take-your-pick-of-over-fiver-double-x] fan? A Stax fan? A Melanie fan [no, Terry doesn't count!]? Actually, just lemme know if there's a storyline that is working on any plane for anybody right about now...outside of the soon to be ousted, just ousted, or can't be used above quota because budget is in the metaphorical version of foreclosure-minimized.

Who are these strange ethereal creatures still watching? I mean minus the J&M diehards who are savoring every last milisecond of airtime until their inevitable departure and their 'plan to save days' return?

OK. A few B&H and S&K [WTF are they, ya?] Outside of that, I seriously cannot comprehend above GL ratings come Feb 09.

If you are out there, rooting for Hig and Corday and the loverlies comprising the 'heart' of the show, make yourselves and your reasoning known! I beseech thee!

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

In all honesty, Max and Chelsea might have been intriguing for me if they hadn't been previously ruined and if there wasn't that damn family connection. Not a GREAT couple, but possibly a cute one in a B or C storyline or supporting. But since the Deep Throat situation and the whole "Max only dates those in the Brady family", once again, they blew it. And bringing Trent into the picture didn't help at all. Max has been established as a Brady, helping Caroline, calling her Ma, referring to Caroline's kids as siblings, the whole 9 yards.
Ejami is another one of those couples I might have continued to root for if the past hadn't ruined them. (and no, I don't mean THE EVENT). Ditto the formulation of Chloe and Dan. They won't even establish Dan as a looney a la Todd Manning. What a great sub story that would be....for Dan to have this psychosomatic condition that attracts him to sick women, and it would be cutting edge (I think. I don't know. It would be for Days!) Then, dammit! Show a woman loving him regardless and helping him with this struggle. Give us a "despite all odds" couple without ruination. Bo and Hope were that. Steve and Kayla were that. And John and Marlena were that.

Mikegoldy
Member Avatar

daisysmommy
Dec 24 2008, 05:59 PM
sungrey
Dec 24 2008, 05:18 PM

There. That's better.
Doesn't Max have a gig on SpikeTV? [I did LOL typing that...]

Happy bubble is a scheduling bubble, a la Sweeney. Which I gotta say, makes me laugh too. For too many reasons to even try to express.

Is there such a thing as a Luole fan? A Dan+ ANY [random-take-your-pick-of-over-fiver-double-x] fan? A Stax fan? A Melanie fan [no, Terry doesn't count!]? Actually, just lemme know if there's a storyline that is working on any plane for anybody right about now...outside of the soon to be ousted, just ousted, or can't be used above quota because budget is in the metaphorical version of foreclosure-minimized.

Who are these strange ethereal creatures still watching? I mean minus the J&M diehards who are savoring every last milisecond of airtime until their inevitable departure and their 'plan to save days' return?

OK. A few B&H and S&K [WTF are they, ya?] Outside of that, I seriously cannot comprehend above GL ratings come Feb 09.

If you are out there, rooting for Hig and Corday and the loverlies comprising the 'heart' of the show, make yourselves and your reasoning known! I beseech thee!

Since you asked :) I am enjoying the beginning of the Stephanie, Philip, Melanie triangle, I am enjoying the Dan, Chloe, Lucas, and Kate story, and am a fan of Nicole in general. Honestly, I agree the stories are moving at warp speed, but I really disliked Lucas and Sami, Max and Stephanie, and Daniel and Chelsea, so thrilled those couples are through.

hops
Member Avatar

Mason
Dec 24 2008, 03:26 PM
Paxton
And me to the list. There is no just no depth or substance in all these new couples they are trying out.
Edited by hops, Dec 24 2008, 09:53 PM.

lene
Member Avatar

"Max and Chelsea didn't work the first time, so why go there again?...."

WOW!!!!! They broke up ONCE, and now their trying again. Hmm, well... since they didn't work the first time, they wont work now... is that what some of you guys are saying?

hmm, how many times have Bope, J&M, Caustin, payla (etc.....) break up, and get back together? these couple didn't work the first time... but they made it work the 2nd, 3rd, 4th (etc...) time.

What is wrong with Chex trying again? (please say something other than the "incest" thing... because they are no related. Max grew up as a Brady. And Chelsea grew up as a Benson. They did not know each other until they were both adults. But not everyone is going to agree with me on that one.. so agree to disagree, k?)
Edited by lene, Dec 24 2008, 09:52 PM.

Ellie

lene
Dec 24 2008, 09:51 PM
"Max and Chelsea didn't work the first time, so why go there again?...."

WOW!!!!! They broke up ONCE, and now their trying again. Hmm, well... since they didn't work the first time, they wont work now... is that what some of you guys are saying?

hmm, how many times have Bope, J&M, Caustin, payla (etc.....) break up, and get back together? these couple didn't work the first time... but they made it work the 2nd, 3rd, 4th (etc...) time.

What is wrong with Chex trying again? (please say something other than the "incest" thing... because they are no related. Max grew up as a Brady. And Chelsea grew up as a Benson. They did not know each other until they were both adults. But not everyone is going to agree with me on that one.. so agree to disagree, k?)
k.

Because, part of what made the other couples you're describing so special is that right away, the couple had chemistry and many viewers were interested in the couple. If and when something went wrong, most (yes, not all, but most) viewers wanted them to get right back together.

When 'Chex' ended most viewers breathed a sigh of relief, and most viewers didn't like them in the first place. That imo is the difference.

Mason
Member Avatar

What's wrong with a Chex redux? Aside from the fact they're family?

Okay...

Well, they weren't particularly popular the first time around, so why bother trying it again, (and risk pissing off viewers who were already disgusted by the Max/Stephanie and Daniel/Chelsea pairings earlier this year)? Then there's also the fact that Darin and Rachel only have good friendship chemistry, not romantic chemistry. And it just brings back bad, baaad memories from 2005.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Quote:

Corday tells us, "There's a lot of lying and manipulation in the name of love. Who will find out and when? That's the big question in 2009."

Wow. Talk about involving the audience. We are definitely being manipulated into watching this shit because of our love for the cast, characters and the show, in general.

Quote:

Sami/Rafe/EJ/Nicole/Brady: Corday explains that this is the 'A' story (as he puts it) on the show. He says Sami has a baby, Nicole needs one, and "Sami and Nicole both welcome baby girls." Since EJ is focused on building the DiMera empire, EJ is distracted from seeing what's really going on. Also, Ali Sweeney has done "onerous pretapes" so that she'll be on the air "for most of her leave". Dr. Baker "knows way too much", so we'll still be seeing him. Rafe risks everything to save Sami. Brady has information about Nicole that no one else has. As the year progresses, we'll see if Brady loves Nicole, and we'll see if Brady is better for Nicole than EJ. EJ doesn't like Brady, so there will be animosity, and it "may turn into a real good triangle."

No one should be surprised that Corday's referring to them as the A story. That's what they are, and that's what they should be. They're the characters in the age range that usually take over the show and lead the stories. That's normal. It's just with DAYS that we tend to want Bo, Hope, John and Marlena to lead stories all the time. That's the problem.

Anyway, I'm going to guess that Sami gives birth to a baby girl, but gives her to the orphanage until she figures out what to do. She will frequently visit the baby until one day there's a mix up and the baby is given to Nicole. How original! EJ's going to be raising his own baby the whole time and Nicole's going to worry about it until the one day when the baby needs a blood donation and, surprise(!), EJ's a match. Nicole's going to be so damn confused.

I don't understand why the show is scared to let Sweeney go on an actual maternity leave and the character of Sami go off screen for a while. If Hope can be off screen while Kristian Alfonso has a baby, so can Sami. The show won't fail without her. I promise.

I get the feeling a murder is going to come out of this and Dr. Baker will die at the hands of Nicole, whether it be on purpose or accidental. He just knows way too much and it's the usual story to kill off the one that knows too much.

I like EJ vs. Brady. It's a great passing of the torch from their fathers' feud. I like it.

Quote:

John/Marlena: "Charlotte ain't what she seems and that mystery will be solved in short order. John and Marlena will leave happily and united with a certain amount of setback. He remembers who he is. They get married and take off."

I don't care who Charlotte is or what her real agenda is. We knew from day one that her story with John and Marlena would be rushed to compinsate John and Marlena's exit. Maybe once we find out that she's staying after the couple leaves, I'll start to care.

This is such bullshit and such a copout! John has spent this entire year having no ounce of being close to regaining his memory and in a couple of weeks, he's going to remember everything and they're going to get their happy ending. I mean, I understand there's not much to do in regards to the story and exit, but that's the writers' fault for having such crappy planning and pacing. John and Marlena fans are going to get a shitty exit, but there's not much else they can do.

Quote:

Bo/Hope: They have to deal with "trust issues" because of his "flashes". This story will include Steve and Kayla, and "Kayla's life will hang in the balance" because of these "visions" and whether or not Bo trusts them.

I. DON'T. CARE.

Quote:

Philip/Stephanie/Melanie: Philip "becomes more of a Kiriakis" and has to juggle these two women. He has a thirst for power and he's "working both of these two girls". But, he loves Stephanie. Corday then says he is happy JKJ re-signed because "he's important to the future of the show."

Why must Melanie continue to be stuck in this story. She's not needed! Throw her at Will, damn it.

I like Philip becoming more of a Kiriakis. I hope he starts to worry Victor, because Victor sees himself, back in the day, in Philip. That would be great.

I hate that Philip "loves" Stephanie already. Talk about rushed.

Quote:

Daniel/Chloe/Lucas: Chloe and Lucas's wedding is planned for Valentine's day, but Maggie discovers Chloe and Daniel, so "things come to a head in February."

Leave it to Maggie, the town gossip, to find out about Daniel and Chloe. I don't see chemistry between Shawn Christian and Nadia Bjorlin, so to me, this is just another random, uninteresting pairing for Chloe. At least with Lucas, it worked because Bjorlin and Bryan Dattilo lack acting talent. Christian can actually act.

Quote:

Max/Chelsea: "I love this duo" says Corday, and they'll be "in a happy little bubble for a while."

I disagree with everyone that doesn't want Max and Chelsea together, or feel that they don't work well together. I think they do. Yes, Darin Brooks and Rachel Melvin have great friendship chemistry, but they have romantic chemistry as well. It all depends on how the story between them as a couple is written. If they continue to write it as Max being the hot headed, serious one, while Chelsea is the one that throws some humor his way and brings him down from his hot temper, then it works. I know many couples like that. I love it. And you heard it here, folks. Corday "LOVES THIS DUO." They may be his new Shelle, not Max and Stephanie, like everyone tried to say that Corday was behind. He never once said that he liked that couple. I hated when people blamed Corday for Max and Stephanie being together. That wasn't true.

Quote:

Abe/Lexie/Theo: Abe and Lexie "bond" and Theo makes progress.

Wow, Abe and Lexie's story is certainly climaxing. NOT! Same shit, different time of the year

Quote:

Kate: Kate is in remission, but she will have to make the hard choice as to whether to tell Daniel she loves him.

Gag me.

sungrey

My beef isn't so much with Max and Stephanie being busted up, but Max being put in a lame story. We'll see how the Stephanie/Phillip/Melanie story plays out. It's interesting so far.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Just like the SOW previews, these suck.

That's about all, LoL. I'm so over Days!

lene
Member Avatar

Okay. Chex isn't popular? just because there's tons of haters here it means their not popular? hmm... actually, they have many fans.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

lene
Dec 25 2008, 03:27 PM
Okay. Chex isn't popular? just because there's tons of haters here it means their not popular? hmm... actually, they have many fans.
You know....throwing around the word "hater" towards viewers who don't like what you like and disagree with you really doesn't bode well with show discussions. It's actually a rather combative word. I would rather discuss WHY I don't like them and the reasons WHY you like them instead of getting into one of those stupid "nananbooboo, my side is bigger than your side" arguments. Yes, I brought up the statement that there are quite a few people, BASED ON MY OBSERVATIONS FROM BOARDS, that don't want to see this couple renewed again.

I still cringe at that scene from 2005 with the blow job. I think, once again, it's silly that they put Max with an adoptive niece when it was fairly critically bashed the last time. I think it's silly to put this couple together again, when, for the most part, this couple was pretty well bashed not only on boards, but by soap media professional blogs. Yes, just about every couple on a show has its fans. Even the Lucas and Carrie and Jett and Chelsea couples had their fans. It doesn't necessarily mean it's probably the best for the show.

Chelsea and Max have a pretty good friendship vibe going. WHY not go with that for a while instead of trying to force yet another couple together, which will probably end up breaking up a decent Stephanie/Chelsea friendship? The friendships of Days are one of the nice touches the show had.

Mikegoldy
Member Avatar

ladyofthelake
Dec 25 2008, 05:53 PM
lene
Dec 25 2008, 03:27 PM
You know....throwing around the word "hater" towards viewers who don't like what you like and disagree with you really doesn't bode well with show discussions. It's actually a rather combative word. I would rather discuss WHY I don't like them and the reasons WHY you like them instead of getting into one of those stupid "nananbooboo, my side is bigger than your side" arguments. Yes, I brought up the statement that there are quite a few people, BASED ON MY OBSERVATIONS FROM BOARDS, that don't want to see this couple renewed again.

I still cringe at that scene from 2005 with the blow job. I think, once again, it's silly that they put Max with an adoptive niece when it was fairly critically bashed the last time. I think it's silly to put this couple together again, when, for the most part, this couple was pretty well bashed not only on boards, but by soap media professional blogs. Yes, just about every couple on a show has its fans. Even the Lucas and Carrie and Jett and Chelsea couples had their fans. It doesn't necessarily mean it's probably the best for the show.

Chelsea and Max have a pretty good friendship vibe going. WHY not go with that for a while instead of trying to force yet another couple together, which will probably end up breaking up a decent Stephanie/Chelsea friendship? The friendships of Days are one of the nice touches the show had.
To be fair, Max and Chelsea were never written as a love story last time, even though they were together. So in a way, it's a brand new start for them together. Last time they were together, Max was obsessed with her, and Chelsea was a schemer. I'm going to wait and see with Max and Chelsea this time and am looking forward to the potential fireworks between Steph and Chelsea. Melanie should be thrilled.
Edited by Mikegoldy, Dec 25 2008, 08:16 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply