Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD: 2009 Preview! (Corday interview); Jan 6th issue; Article Summary.
Topic Started: Dec 24 2008, 10:32 AM (6,309 Views)
ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Mikegoldy
Dec 25 2008, 08:14 PM
ladyofthelake
Dec 25 2008, 05:53 PM
lene
Dec 25 2008, 03:27 PM
Okay. Chex isn't popular? just because there's tons of haters here it means their not popular? hmm... actually, they have many fans.
You know....throwing around the word "hater" towards viewers who don't like what you like and disagree with you really doesn't bode well with show discussions. It's actually a rather combative word. I would rather discuss WHY I don't like them and the reasons WHY you like them instead of getting into one of those stupid "nananbooboo, my side is bigger than your side" arguments. Yes, I brought up the statement that there are quite a few people, BASED ON MY OBSERVATIONS FROM BOARDS, that don't want to see this couple renewed again.

I still cringe at that scene from 2005 with the blow job. I think, once again, it's silly that they put Max with an adoptive niece when it was fairly critically bashed the last time. I think it's silly to put this couple together again, when, for the most part, this couple was pretty well bashed not only on boards, but by soap media professional blogs. Yes, just about every couple on a show has its fans. Even the Lucas and Carrie and Jett and Chelsea couples had their fans. It doesn't necessarily mean it's probably the best for the show.

Chelsea and Max have a pretty good friendship vibe going. WHY not go with that for a while instead of trying to force yet another couple together, which will probably end up breaking up a decent Stephanie/Chelsea friendship? The friendships of Days are one of the nice touches the show had.
To be fair, Max and Chelsea were never written as a love story last time, even though they were together. So in a way, it's a brand new start for them together. Last time they were together, Max was obsessed with her, and Chelsea was a schemer. I'm going to wait and see with Max and Chelsea this time and am looking forward to the potential fireworks between Steph and Chelsea. Melanie should be thrilled.
Another reason to not have them together. I certainly would be surprised if this writing team could sell them any better than Reilly could. Max pretty well gets mocked because of his niece attractions. Do you think this will help, especially in light of the Musical Partners storylines going on elsewhere? This would be more like a rebound thing. If I recall, it wasn't too long ago that Chelsea was still pissed about Daniel, with those feelings suddenly disappearing only because of Kate's cancer.
If the writers can sell me on them as a romantic couple, I will gladly eat my words. Until then, I just see a lot of strikes against them.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

ges
Member Avatar

Who got got a blow job? How did I miss that?
The worst part about these spoilers is that he (shitwad) said 2009. That means this duller than dishwasher garbage is going to last a whole year. Soapy is a word that Corday doesn't understand. Nor does he understand drama. Torturing his audience, now that is his specialty. These spoilers suck more that I ever dreamed possible. Holy Crap. They are God-awful. The last time the show was any fun at all was when the hospital was filled with purple gas. Jesus.

sungrey

Well said. I can't find a single couple on this list I can root for... and on top of losing John and Marlena, 2009 is shaping up to be a very dark year.

I'm afraid we're not going to get it, but this show needs change and fast.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

ges
Dec 25 2008, 11:42 PM
The worst part about these spoilers is that he (shitwad) said 2009. That means this duller than dishwasher garbage is going to last a whole year. Soapy is a word that Corday doesn't understand. Nor does he understand drama. Torturing his audience, now that is his specialty. These spoilers suck more that I ever dreamed possible. Holy Crap. They are God-awful. The last time the show was any fun at all was when the hospital was filled with purple gas. Jesus.
When Max first came back on the scene (2005 or 2006), he was a race car driver, and Chelsea was sort of a groupie. I can't remember if this was before or after she found out she was Bo's child, but Max was supposed to be some sort of player. Not long after he came back, there was a scene where he was in a car with Chelsea. Her head went down and...........break to commercial.

SpriteEyes
Member Avatar

Quote:

Philip/Stephanie/Melanie: Philip "becomes more of a Kiriakis" and has to juggle these two women. He has a thirst for power and he's "working both of these two girls". But, he loves Stephanie.
Well there goes the mystery and any reason to watch it unfold.
Quote:

Chelsea and Max have a pretty good friendship vibe going. WHY not go with that for a while instead of trying to force yet another couple together,
Couldn't the same be said about Phil and Stephanie?
Edited by SpriteEyes, Dec 26 2008, 05:59 PM.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

SpriteEyes
Dec 26 2008, 05:55 PM
Quote:

Philip/Stephanie/Melanie: Philip "becomes more of a Kiriakis" and has to juggle these two women. He has a thirst for power and he's "working both of these two girls". But, he loves Stephanie.
Well there goes the mystery and any reason to watch it unfold.
Quote:

Chelsea and Max have a pretty good friendship vibe going. WHY not go with that for a while instead of trying to force yet another couple together,
Couldn't the same be said about Phil and Stephanie?
Because they've already gone with the Max and Chelsea route, and it wasn't well received the first time around based on board reaction. Philip and Stephanie are something new. Plus, like I mentioned earlier, putting Max with yet another niece just mocks the character further. Certainly they can come up with someone for the guy who isn't a legal relative.

Beth
Member Avatar

DOOL never seems to come up with any new ideas.
Sami/Rafe: I would have him get sick and moved to the hospital. Sami gets a new guard and goes off screen until she comes back. Rafe would recover and accept a position as leiason to the salem PD working on catching the killer. He would cathch the killer making the way for Sami to come home after delivering.
Nicole: I would have Stefano find out the truth and blackmail her into doing his bidding so he can control EJ. Stefano would get a baby for Nicole. EJ would be none the wiser (for a while).
EJ: Would become more and more under his father's control. He would return to the bad boy we all love to hate. He would also find out about Nicole's betrayal along with his father's but he choses to stay quiet and find the right time to expose them and gain the upper hand.
Brady: Would fall in love with Nicole and see how deep she is with her lies. She would confide in him that Stefano is blackmailing her putting him in grave danger.
Chloe and Lucas would be written off of the show. They go to live near Will.
Stephanie/Phillip: Phillip and Stephanie slowly fall in love and eventually make a committment to one another; perhaps a wedding. Victor continues to control Titan firmly.
Kate: has to chose between a life with Stefano or Victor after McSlutty Doctor Daniel gets caught with yet another woman. I would have her chose Stefano after a long courtship with lots of romance. This could be an amazing couple. A re-writing of who Stefano has become.
Victor would become more bitter and the Victor of old after losing Kate to Stefano.
Abe/Lexie/Theo could be way way on the back burner
Hope/Bo could spend time with their children. Shawn and Belle would come home with Claire. Bo would help find the killer with Rafe. Hope would be at home being a mother to her children. Some nice romantic scenes for Bo/Hope.
Melanie would die
Max/Chelsea would each find someone to date that they aren't related to. The potential is endless.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Beth
Dec 27 2008, 12:11 PM
DOOL never seems to come up with any new ideas.
Sami/Rafe: I would have him get sick and moved to the hospital. Sami gets a new guard and goes off screen until she comes back. Rafe would recover and accept a position as leiason to the salem PD working on catching the killer. He would cathch the killer making the way for Sami to come home after delivering.
Nicole: I would have Stefano find out the truth and blackmail her into doing his bidding so he can control EJ. Stefano would get a baby for Nicole. EJ would be none the wiser (for a while).
EJ: Would become more and more under his father's control. He would return to the bad boy we all love to hate. He would also find out about Nicole's betrayal along with his father's but he choses to stay quiet and find the right time to expose them and gain the upper hand.
Brady: Would fall in love with Nicole and see how deep she is with her lies. She would confide in him that Stefano is blackmailing her putting him in grave danger.
Chloe and Lucas would be written off of the show. They go to live near Will.
Stephanie/Phillip: Phillip and Stephanie slowly fall in love and eventually make a committment to one another; perhaps a wedding. Victor continues to control Titan firmly.
Kate: has to chose between a life with Stefano or Victor after McSlutty Doctor Daniel gets caught with yet another woman. I would have her chose Stefano after a long courtship with lots of romance. This could be an amazing couple. A re-writing of who Stefano has become.
Victor would become more bitter and the Victor of old after losing Kate to Stefano.
Abe/Lexie/Theo could be way way on the back burner
Hope/Bo could spend time with their children. Shawn and Belle would come home with Claire. Bo would help find the killer with Rafe. Hope would be at home being a mother to her children. Some nice romantic scenes for Bo/Hope.
Melanie would die
Max/Chelsea would each find someone to date that they aren't related to. The potential is endless.
I like a lot of these ideas! Even the ones I don't agree with at least show creativity. But who knows what they have down the road? In particular, I LOVE the one about Stefano blackmailing both Nicole and EJ. THAT is the ruthless Stefano.

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

I'm confused as to how JKJ is important to the future of the show when they're all spokes on the wheel that is Days. But whatever.

These don't even sound like stories, and I kind of think they have no real idea what they plan to do. It's incredibly stupid to take a character/actress that desperately needs to be rested and pre-tape scenes to push a story along when a break would be easy to pull off. Unless she's going away later when they maybe do this Brady/Nicole/EJ thing and this is her last, boring major story.

I wonder if Max and Chelsea are in their happy bubble in case the actors bolt soon- makes it easy to write them off if they aren't involved with anything but each other.

Other than that: meh.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

px780
Dec 28 2008, 04:51 AM
I'm confused as to how JKJ is important to the future of the show when they're all spokes on the wheel that is Days. But whatever.

These don't even sound like stories, and I kind of think they have no real idea what they plan to do. It's incredibly stupid to take a character/actress that desperately needs to be rested and pre-tape scenes to push a story along when a break would be easy to pull off. Unless she's going away later when they maybe do this Brady/Nicole/EJ thing and this is her last, boring major story.

I wonder if Max and Chelsea are in their happy bubble in case the actors bolt soon- makes it easy to write them off if they aren't involved with anything but each other.

Other than that: meh.
He's important for the plans they have coming up now. As we know, plans can always change.
It's very possible that at least Darin will bolt should this pilot be picked up. I think they're doing that with other actors, too. Now that JKJ has re-signed, TPTB probably feel more comfortable with getting him involved in more storylines. The Titan storyline and "Babypalooza" seem to have the most direction right now, which isn't saying much, but there's some plan in the works. Now, the only misdirection is probably who is going to end up with whom.

ges
Member Avatar

ladyofthelake
Dec 26 2008, 12:07 PM
ges
Dec 25 2008, 11:42 PM
When Max first came back on the scene (2005 or 2006), he was a race car driver, and Chelsea was sort of a groupie. I can't remember if this was before or after she found out she was Bo's child, but Max was supposed to be some sort of player. Not long after he came back, there was a scene where he was in a car with Chelsea. Her head went down and...........break to commercial.
:sheep: How did I miss that! Thanks for the mammories.

King
Member Avatar

There are two major flaws with DAYS right now, IMO.

1. Daniel. He has been a horrible character from the get-go. He really needs to go. I think it is coming sooner rather than later. It's been too much too soon. Lack of focus. Nothing against Shawn Christian (although I don't think he is that amazing either), but the character just HAS to go.

2. Bo. Whatever is coming up with him...I don't know. It doesn't sound or look good, but it's too soon to judge.

The rest, honestly, I am loving!

It kind of reminds me of Sunset Beach. I love how everyone runs into each other around town and make little catty remarks to each other. Salem definitely has that small town feel to it again

lene
Member Avatar

Her head went down? and commercial? hmm, i have that episode.. i can't remember seeing that. Oh well, must have missed it. ;)

anyways, that was BEFORE she knew she was Bo's daughter. Max and chelsea barly knew each other at that point. Max later apologized.

Kenny
Member Avatar

King
Dec 28 2008, 02:25 PM
I love how everyone runs into each other around town and make little catty remarks to each other. Salem definitely has that small town feel to it again.
LoL, as it should! I'm beginning to think that Salem just doesn't exist outside of the Brady Pub anymore. You try to leave and you'll be attacked by a giant sandworm a la "Beetlejuice."

Mikegoldy
Member Avatar

ladyofthelake
Dec 25 2008, 09:12 PM
Mikegoldy
Dec 25 2008, 08:14 PM

Quoting limited to 2 levels deep
Another reason to not have them together. I certainly would be surprised if this writing team could sell them any better than Reilly could. Max pretty well gets mocked because of his niece attractions. Do you think this will help, especially in light of the Musical Partners storylines going on elsewhere? This would be more like a rebound thing. If I recall, it wasn't too long ago that Chelsea was still pissed about Daniel, with those feelings suddenly disappearing only because of Kate's cancer.
If the writers can sell me on them as a romantic couple, I will gladly eat my words. Until then, I just see a lot of strikes against them.
I guess what I'm trying to say is that the two were never written as a love story. It's not as if the show tried to reunite Daniel and Chelsea, who were unfortunately, written as one lol It's fine not to like them together nor want them to go down that road, but I don't think we have ever seen them get a love story. If they do, it just may work. who knows?

Mikegoldy
Member Avatar

King
Dec 28 2008, 02:25 PM
There are two major flaws with DAYS right now, IMO.

1. Daniel. He has been a horrible character from the get-go. He really needs to go. I think it is coming sooner rather than later. It's been too much too soon. Lack of focus. Nothing against Shawn Christian (although I don't think he is that amazing either), but the character just HAS to go.

2. Bo. Whatever is coming up with him...I don't know. It doesn't sound or look good, but it's too soon to judge.

The rest, honestly, I am loving!

It kind of reminds me of Sunset Beach. I love how everyone runs into each other around town and make little catty remarks to each other. Salem definitely has that small town feel to it again
LOVE the picture of Crystal! Come back to DAYS, Dr. Carly Manning!

Anyway, DAYS DOES feel like a community again. Everyone interacts with everyone else. There is a scene coming up on the monday show (won't spoil it), that is an example of random characters interacting who you wouldn't think would. Except for the role of Celeste, now being played by Bo Brady, and the editing problems, I am loving the show as well.

But I do like Dr. Dan. I'm sure Shawn will leave when his contract is up, but the character is so scuzzy, that I get a kick out of him.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

lene
Dec 28 2008, 03:24 PM
Her head went down? and commercial? hmm, i have that episode.. i can't remember seeing that. Oh well, must have missed it. ;)

anyways, that was BEFORE she knew she was Bo's daughter. Max and chelsea barly knew each other at that point. Max later apologized.
Well, I'm obviously not making it up, since other people have commented about it as well. Whether or not she knew she was Bo's daughter, it was still a very tasteless scene. And it turned people off to them.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Mikegoldy
Dec 28 2008, 10:46 PM
ladyofthelake
Dec 25 2008, 09:12 PM

Quoting limited to 2 levels deep
I guess what I'm trying to say is that the two were never written as a love story. It's not as if the show tried to reunite Daniel and Chelsea, who were unfortunately, written as one lol It's fine not to like them together nor want them to go down that road, but I don't think we have ever seen them get a love story. If they do, it just may work. who knows?
But does it matter if they were written as a love story or not if people are turned off to them? There are going to be people who don't like the "niece" factor and there are going to be people who remember their lust relationship the first time when she was pretty much a groupy. And, the track record for love stories later hasn't been good. Now, if they can get me to change my mind, I'll be willing to admit it. If nothing else, I'm not going to lie and say I don't like something because I don't want to take back words I've said earlier. Right now, I like their friendship vibe. I'm not so sure I'll like anything deeper.

phloeishot
Member Avatar

Kenny
Dec 25 2008, 02:06 PM
Just like the SOW previews, these suck.

That's about all, LoL. I'm so over Days!
I just wanted to say that I love your banner! I wish they would bring evil Alexandra back! That was the only time I really liked her character.

zyona

lene
Dec 28 2008, 03:24 PM

Yes the first time they got together Chelsea didn't know that she was Bo's daughter, but now she knows. It is not ok because he is still her uncle and please don't say they are not blood related because it doesn't matter the day Shawn and Carolyn brady adopted him that made him a Brady.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Learn More · Sign-up Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply