Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD: 2009 Preview! (Corday interview); Jan 6th issue; Article Summary.
Topic Started: Dec 24 2008, 10:32 AM (6,147 Views)
ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

zyona
Dec 29 2008, 12:43 AM
lene
Dec 28 2008, 03:24 PM
Her head went down? and commercial? hmm, i have that episode.. i can't remember seeing that. Oh well, must have missed it. ;)

anyways, that was BEFORE she knew she was Bo's daughter. Max and chelsea barly knew each other at that point. Max later apologized.
Yes the first time they got together Chelsea didn't know that she was Bo's daughter, but now she knows. It is not ok because he is still her uncle and please don't say they are not blood related because it doesn't matter the day Shawn and Carolyn brady adopted him that made him a Brady.
And, the thing is, as with Stephanie, it was never really addressed. I mean, I find it hard to believe a family like the Bradys, who have had ISA agents and police officers and medical professionals as part of their family don't even address the legalities or issues with this.
"OK, Max, this is weird. I mean, I know we're not blood related, but I consider you a brother and to have you go after my daughter is just odd. Maybe we should discuss this". It's Ok to go this route, but it needs to be addressed. This is where Days falls short. There are lots of taboo subjects they take on, but it's not addressed (Daniel's behavior with female patients, Philip's whole BSC attitude during Shelligan's Island, Lexie's affairs while Abe worked his butt off.......the nuances again).
I think, originally, the whole Trent thing might have been to take Max away from his Brady-ness, but then, as we know, Trent became all about Melanie, and that flew out the window.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mikegoldy
Member Avatar

ladyofthelake
Dec 29 2008, 11:58 AM
zyona
lene
Her head went down? and commercial? hmm, i have that episode.. i can't remember seeing that. Oh well, must have missed it. ;)

anyways, that was BEFORE she knew she was Bo's daughter. Max and chelsea barly knew each other at that point. Max later apologized.
Yes the first time they got together Chelsea didn't know that she was Bo's daughter, but now she knows. It is not ok because he is still her uncle and please don't say they are not blood related because it doesn't matter the day Shawn and Carolyn brady adopted him that made him a Brady.
And, the thing is, as with Stephanie, it was never really addressed. I mean, I find it hard to believe a family like the Bradys, who have had ISA agents and police officers and medical professionals as part of their family don't even address the legalities or issues with this.
"OK, Max, this is weird. I mean, I know we're not blood related, but I consider you a brother and to have you go after my daughter is just odd. Maybe we should discuss this". It's Ok to go this route, but it needs to be addressed. This is where Days falls short. There are lots of taboo subjects they take on, but it's not addressed (Daniel's behavior with female patients, Philip's whole BSC attitude during Shelligan's Island, Lexie's affairs while Abe worked his butt off.......the nuances again).
I think, originally, the whole Trent thing might have been to take Max away from his Brady-ness, but then, as we know, Trent became all about Melanie, and that flew out the window.
I didn't have much problem with Max dating Stephanie or Chelsea, they were never raised together and aren't blood related and if I remember correctly, Max and Stephanie didn't even know who the other was when they "met." But there is a lot of story if they actually made references to the connections and a lot of laughs too. I remember Jeremy made one comment two summers ago about how much Max liked to "play uncle." It had something to do with him hanging around Stephanie. Anyway, there is a lot of material to use, if they would just you know, use it lol

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Mikegoldy
Dec 29 2008, 06:48 PM
ladyofthelake
Dec 29 2008, 11:58 AM
zyona
lene

I didn't have much problem with Max dating Stephanie or Chelsea, they were never raised together and aren't blood related and if I remember correctly, Max and Stephanie didn't even know who the other was when they "met." But there is a lot of story if they actually made references to the connections and a lot of laughs too. I remember Jeremy made one comment two summers ago about how much Max liked to "play uncle." It had something to do with him hanging around Stephanie. Anyway, there is a lot of material to use, if they would just you know, use it lol
BINGO! If they would just use it. They have just good material and really, some good ideas. They're often just not executed to the fullest extent.

King
Member Avatar

Mikegoldy
Dec 28 2008, 10:53 PM
LOVE the picture of Crystal! Come back to DAYS, Dr. Carly Manning!

Anyway, DAYS DOES feel like a community again. Everyone interacts with everyone else. There is a scene coming up on the monday show (won't spoil it), that is an example of random characters interacting who you wouldn't think would. Except for the role of Celeste, now being played by Bo Brady, and the editing problems, I am loving the show as well.

But I do like Dr. Dan. I'm sure Shawn will leave when his contract is up, but the character is so scuzzy, that I get a kick out of him.
Thanks! I love CC too.

I agree. I love the little interactions.

This Bo storyline is dumb yeah, but honestly, I think I am just done with Bope in general. They bore me terribly.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

King
Dec 30 2008, 12:33 AM
Mikegoldy
Dec 28 2008, 10:53 PM
LOVE the picture of Crystal! Come back to DAYS, Dr. Carly Manning!

Anyway, DAYS DOES feel like a community again. Everyone interacts with everyone else. There is a scene coming up on the monday show (won't spoil it), that is an example of random characters interacting who you wouldn't think would. Except for the role of Celeste, now being played by Bo Brady, and the editing problems, I am loving the show as well.

But I do like Dr. Dan. I'm sure Shawn will leave when his contract is up, but the character is so scuzzy, that I get a kick out of him.
Thanks! I love CC too.

I agree. I love the little interactions.

This Bo storyline is dumb yeah, but honestly, I think I am just done with Bope in general. They bore me terribly.
God, would I love CC back. She could really spice things up.

As I said, Bope's story is barely on so it's not a big deal but I kind of like it and kind of don't.

The interactions are great too. I think if the show axes Dan and works on intermingling the stories a bit, they can really be on fire. Hopefully, that happens.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply