Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD tidbits: Will has been recast, Bryan staying; Jan 6th issue
Topic Started: Dec 24 2008, 10:43 AM (4,979 Views)
PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

King
Dec 24 2008, 01:59 PM
Well that was explained kind of. Will wrote his parents off and wanted nothing to do with them.

Marlena, Brady, and John just mentioned Will in the episode I was watching. And I think they mentioned him when they talked about Austin and Will getting tested to be compatible for Kate's surgery.
Right but only lately they acknowledged it.

Pretty much until lately, you didn't even hear about him. Sami acted like the twins were her first children and never acknowledged Will.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

King
Member Avatar

Oh well, that is nothing new to Salem! Haha.

No one acknowledges their kids or their jobs, at least not in the 90's when soaps were in their hey day for me. I am used to it.
Edited by King, Dec 24 2008, 02:17 PM.

six
Member Avatar

I'll give this new Will a chance, but I don't see why we need him either. He's related to every core family except the Dimeras, which seems important, but Salem has gotten so semi-incestuous that there's no non relatives for him to interact with, or date. Plus he's too old for the kids and too young for the adults. That, and his bland, self righteous personality is why people were glad to see him go last time.

Mason
Member Avatar

At least GERSE won't be coming back with Will.

Ellie

Mason
Dec 24 2008, 02:33 PM

Posted Image

Am I the only one who liked him?

Deleted User
Deleted User

Ellie
Dec 24 2008, 02:39 PM
Mason

Posted Image

Fortunately for the rest of us, it looks like that's the case LOL
Quote Post Goto Top

Ellie

^^ haha point taken.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

I think Chris got a little better towards the end acting wise (still not that good), but I thought he was a really bad coice as far as looks go. He didn't look like he could be a child of Sami or Lucas.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Ellie
Mason

Posted Image

EEEEEK! Ellie, we agree again. I kinda liked him. He was a REAL kid. Geeky, the way an adolescent should be.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

six
Member Avatar

Mason
Well, there's a silver lining. Awkward, but without the goofy charm that made Nick, the other nerd, endearing.
Edited by six, Dec 24 2008, 03:00 PM.

Ellie

ladyofthelake
Dec 24 2008, 02:47 PM
Ellie
Mason

Posted Image

EEEEEK! Ellie, we agree again.
ROFL! Holiday miracles.

Quote:

I kinda liked him. He was a REAL kid. Geeky, the way an adolescent should be.
Completely agree. Though I do agree with Angie that there was no resemblance to Sami or Lucas. (Well, except acting like an adolescent.)

King
Member Avatar

I think you are mistaking his inability to act as awkwardness! Haha.

Y'all are making it sound like he acted the angle of being an awkward, gawky teen, and we know that wasn't the case...he just stunk.

Ponz
Member Avatar

Chris wasn't great but he came across as a normal, realistic teen (a rarity on soaps). Give me that over Nadia and Galen's "acting" any day.

aimees76
Member Avatar

Ponz
Dec 24 2008, 05:41 PM
Chris wasn't great but he came across as a normal, realistic teen (a rarity on soaps). Give me that over Nadia and Galen's "acting" any day.
I'll second that! :cheers:

daysfan
Member Avatar

Yay for Will recast!!!!

I liked Gerse as Will as a kid, from like 03-04(maybe a bit of 05)....but once he got to his teenage years I feel he was horrible.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

King
Dec 24 2008, 05:29 PM
I think you are mistaking his inability to act as awkwardness! Haha.

Y'all are making it sound like he acted the angle of being an awkward, gawky teen, and we know that wasn't the case...he just stunk.
King, I'm sorry, but your wording makes it sound like you're speaking for me (and others). I happened to think it was awkwardness. He's a kid, for pete's sake. I teach. I work around a lot of kids, and a lot of kids act like that. If I wanted to say his acting stank, I would have.
And yes, Ellie, I agree with you that physically, he wasn't right to be Sami and Lucas's child, but he still got the gangly teenager part down pat.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Ponz
:hail:

Mikegoldy
Member Avatar

Ponz
You can have Gerse, I will take Galen and Nadia lol All three could use some acting lessons, but at least Nadia and Galen look the part of their characters. Will did NOT look Like Sami and Lucas's son and didn't feel any chemistry between the three.

Mikegoldy
Member Avatar

I'm glad Bryan is staying. I have been enjoying him tremendously. He does "happy" and "sweet" very well. I dread when he begins screaming and yelling over the Chloe-Dan thing though.

King
Member Avatar

I happen to think he stunk. Sucked giant donkey balls, in fact.

Is that Better?
Edited by King, Dec 24 2008, 10:19 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply