Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD tidbits: Will has been recast, Bryan staying; Jan 6th issue
Topic Started: Dec 24 2008, 10:43 AM (4,904 Views)
SpriteEyes
Member Avatar

Whoo Hooo Ross the intern.

I hope he runs into Sami.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

So glad to hear Will is coming back. I hope they found an actor that can actually act.

Last year, I wanted Dattilo gone. I love Lucas again, so I'm glad he's staying.

King
Member Avatar

I totally agree about BD, Drew.

Working with Nadia brings something out in him.

Also, he looks better than ever. He looks freaking stunning! And I love his tats.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Working with Nadia has seemingly brought Bryan back to life.

I actually think it was just Hogan. I've been enjoying Lucas since he left. Hogan just could not write for Sami or Lucas. Hell, Sami is still a mess.

Bryan staying is a good thing and now with Will returning that means we keep a Horton and bring another one back. Days should really take this chance to rebuild the Horton's.

I did like Gerse when he started. I could buy him as Lumi's kid then but his acting went south as he aged. His looks didn't bother me but he did grow out of me buying him as their kid and his acting just got awful.

Edited by PhoenixRising05, Dec 25 2008, 03:13 AM.

koos

Are donkey balls really that bad?

Eh... I'll be glad to see an actual teen on Days. It's been far too long. Gerse was just wallpaper; we need other teens on the show to interact with the new Will in order for it to work. Seriously. What is a soap opera without a teenager? Melanie sure the heck doesn't count. What happened to the days of soaps with, like, 15 year old Martha Byrne or young (16? 17?) Beth Ehlers? Twentysomethings just DO NOT make good teenagers 98% of the time.

cjknick
Member Avatar

I really liked Chris he couldn't act and he wasn't going to be a teen hearthrob but he has a certain charm. My guess is that Days is going to bring in someone who could have the potential to be that hearthrob. Hell give him a British accent some wild hair and make him a vampire and teenage girls will swarm to Days. Will's gone wild - that's the ticket. I'm not kidding.... my daughters love EJ - why the ACCENT! I know it is a stretch for Will to have an accent - but Will's new friends can!!!!! As far as Will being around the age of sixteen being too young for the likes of Melanie - it happens!

As far as Bryan staying - good for him! I'm not sure what they will do with his character but I'm glad he still has a job.
Edited by cjknick, Dec 25 2008, 07:33 AM.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

Not all british accents sounds like James Scotts, he might as well come back with a cockney accent

Alligato
Member Avatar

I see Will returning to be another Sami, scheming to get his parents back together, especially against the evil EJ who tormented his mother. I see this as a positive for Lumi, otherwise, what is the point of having Will, other than adding to the Hortons. With Chloe and Lucas splitting, Lucas will be getting some airtime with Will, no doubt, and I have only one guess as to what he will be doing with him.

It will be great to see Will come back with an attitude.

So thrilled about BD! He has been lookiing all kinds of hot lately, and I hope he gets a really good story, something he deserves after all this time. And I hope he gets a love interest that doesn't cheat on him for once. Wouldn't it be nice to see Lucas in the middle of a love triangle? Talk about a different story for once!

Thanks for the spoils!

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Alligato
Dec 25 2008, 09:45 AM
I see Will returning to be another Sami, scheming to get his parents back together, especially against the evil EJ who tormented his mother. I see this as a positive for Lumi, otherwise, what is the point of having Will, other than adding to the Hortons. With Chloe and Lucas splitting, Lucas will be getting some airtime with Will, no doubt, and I have only one guess as to what he will be doing with him.

So thrilled about BD! He has been lookiing all kinds of hot lately, and I hope he gets a really good story, something he deserves after all this time. And I hope he gets a love interest that doesn't cheat on him for once. Wouldn't it be nice to see Lucas in the middle of a love triangle? Talk about a different story for once!

Thanks for the spoils!
That's an interesting concept, Alligato, but I almost hope they DON'T go the Lumi route again. I think (or I interpret from various interviews with Bryan) that Bryan would like Lucas to be a little more independent of being Sami's second fiddle all the time, and I can't blame him there. If they put Lumi together, I don't want any more of the shouting, pouting, accusing, groveling stuff. I like it when BD and AS are allowed to be playful. Maybe they'll end up being more like a Marlena/Roman type of support for Will (as much as I HATE the thought of Sami being Marlena redux). In this case, though, Lucas and Sami uniting FOR their kids instead of fighting about their kids would be a refreshing change. Who knows? Maybe Dr. Taylor will need a love interest soon.............But, yes, Lucas in the middle of a love triangle would be awesome. I'd also love to see Lucas have to deal with his addiction again or something like that, but of course, that would be a socially relevant storyline that the current regime would have a hard time handling...............
Edited by ladyofthelake, Dec 25 2008, 11:01 AM.

Alligato
Member Avatar

I agree, lady. I don't want Lumi 2.0 where Lucas yells and Sami gets her way. I did like their banter in the safehouse, kind of like old times.

My Christmas wish for Lucas would be for him to find love with a woman who loves him back, and maybe choose said woman over Sami instead of the other way around.

I did find it interesting that in Corday's 2009 preview (I hate when he gives those) talked about EJ/Nicole/Brady triangle and the fact that Lucas and Chloe won't make it to the altar...not much else about what happens next for Lucas, so knowing that Will is coming back maybe Will and Lucas will have a father/son story, while Sami is having drama over her other three kids.

I like Lucas, never a big fan of Lumi, but I hope that he gets some action. His addiction would be great, maybe Brady could help him out and we could see some male friend action for once too. Is it too much to ask for some guys to hang out with each other and chat about how obnoxious all of the women are in their lives?

ps- LOVE the new look on the boards!

daysfan
Member Avatar

ladyofthelake
Dec 25 2008, 11:00 AM
Alligato
Dec 25 2008, 09:45 AM

Thanks for the spoils!
That's an interesting concept, Alligato, but I almost hope they DON'T go the Lumi route again. I think (or I interpret from various interviews with Bryan) that Bryan would like Lucas to be a little more independent of being Sami's second fiddle all the time, and I can't blame him there. If they put Lumi together, I don't want any more of the shouting, pouting, accusing, groveling stuff. I like it when BD and AS are allowed to be playful. Maybe they'll end up being more like a Marlena/Roman type of support for Will (as much as I HATE the thought of Sami being Marlena redux). In this case, though, Lucas and Sami uniting FOR their kids instead of fighting about their kids would be a refreshing change. Who knows? Maybe Dr. Taylor will need a love interest soon.............But, yes, Lucas in the middle of a love triangle would be awesome. I'd also love to see Lucas have to deal with his addiction again or something like that, but of course, that would be a socially relevant storyline that the current regime would have a hard time handling...............
About some of your first comments, Lady: I agree about Bryan not wanting to go the Lumi route...he's often said he loves Ali but he's also expressed in the past how he wanted a love interest that lasted more than ten seconds.

ges
Member Avatar

I hate to say it, but pairing Lucas with Chloe only proves to me (sadly) that he has no chemistry with anyone. Although in all fairness, NB isn't much of an actress. They make a very awkward couple. So do Nicole and E.J, and Daniel and Kate imho. The whole thing bores me to tears. Yet, I continue to watch like a dope. Now, it only takes five min., though. Right now the only characters I am enjoying are Philip and Victor. I would add Brady to that list but he loses major points for not telling Nicole to go fork herself.

Nicole Walker

I knew they were gonna bring Will back, I said by the end of the year but I was close. LOL!! Can't wait to see if he will be hell raiser.

Mikegoldy
Member Avatar

For Will to live up to his potential, he needs to be a hellraiser. Throw in the fact that he is a Horton/Brady/Roberts, and there is lots of story. DAYS just needs to cast some characters to play opposite him that aren't Bradys or Hortons; bring on Joy Wesley, Chloe's sister, Abe and Lexie's nephew Ben, and then another character not connected to Salem. As for Lucas, I think Datillo has chemistry with women, when he is a allowed to play sweet, charming, funny Lucas. That is how he works the best. I'm finding myself starting to enjoy Lucas and Chloe because of the way he lights up around her. As for Lumi, that ship has sailed. Down the line, who knows? But for now, let them be friends, and have other romances.

phloeishot
Member Avatar

I don't understand why they don't SORAS Will for Melanie.

Ellie

^^ I think I do. I bet they don't want to put Sami into the "older mother" bracket yet. If they give Sami a 20-something son, that would age her in the eyes of the viewers.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Ellie
Dec 26 2008, 02:22 AM
^^ I think I do. I bet they don't want to put Sami into the "older mother" bracket yet. If they give Sami a 20-something son, that would age her in the eyes of the viewers.
Exactly.

Actually, I would bet they planned to bring Will on for Melanie but Ali didn't want him aged that much. Wasn't their a casting call out that we all thought was for Will and in that casting call he was in scenes with Melanie? I could be wrong but I recall something like that.

I think what is happening is we will have a whole new teen scene since Chelsea, Max, etc have been mixed with Philip, Chloe, etc it seems.

Ellie

^^ Completely agree, and I do remember that casting call. I'm sure someone nixed it, whether it was a higher-up or Ali. I bet you're right though, I'm sure there will be a whole new group of teens built around Will.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

I just hope they take this chance to bring in some Horton's.

One thing about JER and what happened in the 90's is that the show brought in for recasted familiar characters or brought on characters connected to core families. They need to do that again. Add some Horton's. Maybe a Carver. Someone not connected to a core family. Just try to stay away from Brady's. We have enough, I think.
Edited by PhoenixRising05, Dec 26 2008, 02:36 AM.

Ellie

PhoenixRising05
Dec 26 2008, 02:36 AM
I just hope they take this chance to bring in some Horton's.

One thing about JER and what happened in the 90's is that the show brought in for recasted familiar characters or brought on characters connected to core families. They need to do that again. Add some Horton's. Maybe a Carver. Someone not connected to a core family. Just try to stay away from Brady's. We have enough, I think.
I agree but I don't think that will ever happen under Dena. Ava, Martino, Dr. Dan, Melanie, Trent, Charlotte Taylor... who am I forgetting? None of these people is from a 'core family'. And the show is getting rid of Nick, one of the only remaining Hortons.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply