Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD tidbits: Will has been recast, Bryan staying; Jan 6th issue
Topic Started: Dec 24 2008, 10:43 AM (5,020 Views)
ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Mikegoldy
Dec 26 2008, 12:35 AM
For Will to live up to his potential, he needs to be a hellraiser. Throw in the fact that he is a Horton/Brady/Roberts, and there is lots of story. DAYS just needs to cast some characters to play opposite him that aren't Bradys or Hortons; bring on Joy Wesley, Chloe's sister, Abe and Lexie's nephew Ben, and then another character not connected to Salem. As for Lucas, I think Datillo has chemistry with women, when he is a allowed to play sweet, charming, funny Lucas. That is how he works the best. I'm finding myself starting to enjoy Lucas and Chloe because of the way he lights up around her. As for Lumi, that ship has sailed. Down the line, who knows? But for now, let them be friends, and have other romances.
Excellent point about Lucas. The scowling Lucas doesn't cut it. Will as a hellraiser would be terrific, although I don't know how viewers would react to even MORE characters coming on canvas, unless the whole point of getting rid of J&M was NOT to save money, but to free up more money so there are more characters at the same price. But, Will as the lone teen would look rather awkward.
But he shouldn't be SORAS'ed. They're already pushing the envelope with it being realistic that Lucas and Sami are his parents, even if she was a teen mother. She wasn't a mother at 13! Unless now, all of a sudden, she's more like 35 instead of 30. I guess that's possible. Besides, Melanie will have her hands full with, er, Philip. (I didn't mean it that way!) Will would sorely lose out in a Melanie/Philip/Will triangle. UNLESS he's grown to be one of those studly teens that older women can't keep their hands off of! (I need to shut up now. We have enough skeevishness with Dr. Perv!)
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

SpriteEyes
Member Avatar

ladyofthelake
Dec 25 2008, 11:00 AM
Alligato
Dec 25 2008, 09:45 AM
I see Will returning to be another Sami, scheming to get his parents back together, especially against the evil EJ who tormented his mother. I see this as a positive for Lumi, otherwise, what is the point of having Will, other than adding to the Hortons. With Chloe and Lucas splitting, Lucas will be getting some airtime with Will, no doubt, and I have only one guess as to what he will be doing with him.

It will be great to see Will come back with an attitude.

So thrilled about BD! He has been lookiing all kinds of hot lately, and I hope he gets a really good story, something he deserves after all this time. And I hope he gets a love interest that doesn't cheat on him for once. Wouldn't it be nice to see Lucas in the middle of a love triangle? Talk about a different story for once!

Thanks for the spoils!
That's an interesting concept, Alligato, but I almost hope they DON'T go the Lumi route again. I think (or I interpret from various interviews with Bryan) that Bryan would like Lucas to be a little more independent of being Sami's second fiddle all the time, and I can't blame him there. If they put Lumi together, I don't want any more of the shouting, pouting, accusing, groveling stuff. I like it when BD and AS are allowed to be playful. Maybe they'll end up being more like a Marlena/Roman type of support for Will (as much as I HATE the thought of Sami being Marlena redux). In this case, though, Lucas and Sami uniting FOR their kids instead of fighting about their kids would be a refreshing change. Who knows? Maybe Dr. Taylor will need a love interest soon.............But, yes, Lucas in the middle of a love triangle would be awesome. I'd also love to see Lucas have to deal with his addiction again or something like that, but of course, that would be a socially relevant storyline that the current regime would have a hard time handling...............
I like the way you're thinking.

I'd love to see Lucas surrounded by someone new without history with anyone else on the show.

KellyGHFan

15 years old? serioustly, I thought he was going to be a love interest for Melanie. If it will be like last time, like all he did was talk about his parents. No Thanks. Ether make him a love interest for Melanie or Keep him away.

Maybe he will still be a love interest for Melanie. Dena Higley does have this thing for younger people dating older. Mel is 18 and Will is 15. Three Year difference, not that bad.

I remember a casting call i think back in october or last spring about for a guy name Chris with Melanie. He did sounded like Will. I wonder if that scene will still play out with William Roberts returning.
Edited by KellyGHFan, Dec 31 2008, 08:17 PM.

Days4Life

It will be odd if Will is the only teen on the show, but if they give him something interesting to do it could work. He's Sami and Lucas's son and has had a very dysfunctional upbringing; he should be a rebellious hellraiser. He doesn't need an instant love interest, especially Melanie. She has enough on her plate right now and doesn't need to be chasing after older men AND young boys.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Days4Life
Dec 31 2008, 09:14 PM
It will be odd if Will is the only teen on the show, but if they give him something interesting to do it could work. He's Sami and Lucas's son and has had a very dysfunctional upbringing; he should be a rebellious hellraiser. He doesn't need an instant love interest, especially Melanie. She has enough on her plate right now and doesn't need to be chasing after older men AND young boys.
He should be a nutcase, shouldn't he? As he was portrayed before, he showed a lot more maturity than his mom OR dad, and that's not saying much! LOL. Maybe some teen girl will come on board. Wonder if Trent had anymore daughters? LOL

Mason
Member Avatar

Will needs to be an evil little shit.

Kirk
Member Avatar
Captain Kirk

I am just glad the mop/giraffe mixed mut CG is gone.

I hope the actor cast can act!

allane_90
Member Avatar

thanks

#1days
Member Avatar

Ellie
Dec 24 2008, 02:39 PM
Mason
Dec 24 2008, 02:33 PM
At least GERSE won't be coming back with Will.

Posted Image

Am I the only one who liked him?
Naw you weren't the only one. He was a teenager that we watched go through his awkward teen years. I feel sorry for all the flack people gave him for being a skinny kid with shaggy hair. He actually looked like my son did. They are both about the same age. I just feel that everyone was being too critical of a teenage boy. Guess if they were in my shoes with a kid that age they wouldn't be so judgmental. :ermm:

And as for hiring a 15 year old, I wouldn't mind that as much as them possibly de-aging Will and making him 15. He was about 16 when he left the show. Now that would be stupid IMO. :blink:

Mason
Member Avatar

Personally, I didn't/don't give him flack for his looks. I give/gave him flack for being a horrific actor.
Edited by Mason, Jan 6 2009, 09:29 PM.

#1days
Member Avatar

Mason
Jan 6 2009, 09:29 PM
Personally, I didn't/don't give him flack for his looks. I give/gave him flack for being a horrific actor.
I can fully understand the criticism of his acting. Just not the criticism of his looks. But that's the mommy in me defending a child who can't defend what his genetic make-up is.

Ellie

#1days
Jan 6 2009, 09:33 PM
Mason
I can fully understand the criticism of his acting. Just not the criticism of his looks. But that's the mommy in me defending a child who can't defend what his genetic make-up is.
I think people who are criticizing his looks are really criticizing the fact that the show hired someone who looks like that to play Sami and Lucas's son. I agree with you that it comes off as hurtful when it's a child or teen we're talking about, and as I said, I liked him, but I'm just explaining where I think the criticism in the thread is coming from.

#1days
Member Avatar

Ellie
Jan 6 2009, 09:36 PM
#1days
Jan 6 2009, 09:33 PM
Mason
I think people who are criticizing his looks are really criticizing the fact that the show hired someone who looks like that to play Sami and Lucas's son. I agree with you that it comes off as hurtful when it's a child or teen we're talking about, and as I said, I liked him, but I'm just explaining where I think the criticism in the thread is coming from.
Oh I understand that part. I got into a fight with a poster on another board because they were making fun of his hair and how skinny and gangly he was. I did also see a couple of mean jabs in here about him but I do understand that is someones opinion. I just don't think it's nice to make fun of a child.

Ellie

#1days
Jan 6 2009, 09:39 PM
Oh I understand that part. I got into a fight with a poster on another board because they were making fun of his hair and how skinny and gangly he was. I did also see a couple of mean jabs in here about him but I do understand that is someones opinion. I just don't think it's nice to make fun of a child.
Thanks - got it now. (I agree, for what it's worth, but I know others feel that as long as an actor is hired by the soap, the topic is fair to discuss.)

KMan101
Member Avatar

Recasting Will is a good move but I agree with those saying we need to see the Hortons restructured.

With Marlena gone, they really should move Maggie more front and center. She's within a year of the same age as Deidre, why can't Suzanne lead the show? She's more than capable. They should also consider either using Doug/Julie more (when the Hayes are available) as the anchors or bring on Marie and have her take over as the matriarch. I'm not sure Bill and Laura are needed now that Mike and Jennifer are no longer on the canvas but they really should bring back Abby. I almost wish they had recasted.

And they should of just made Shawn Christian Mike instead of Daniel. Mike could still be banging Chloe and hell, even Kate. Laura would fall into another coma hearing of that one!

And gosh, as much as I love Steve and Kayla, Jack and Jennifer would be far better to have on the canvas. At least they wouldn't be Bradys!
Edited by KMan101, Jan 6 2009, 10:13 PM.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

KMan101
Jan 6 2009, 10:11 PM
Recasting Will is a good move but I agree with those saying we need to see the Hortons restructured.

With Marlena gone, they really should move Maggie more front and center. She's within a year of the same age as Deidre, why can't Suzanne lead the show? She's more than capable. They should also consider either using Doug/Julie more (when the Hayes are available) as the anchors or bring on Marie and have her take over as the matriarch. I'm not sure Bill and Laura are needed now that Mike and Jennifer are no longer on the canvas but they really should bring back Abby. I almost wish they had recasted.

And they should of just made Shawn Christian Mike instead of Daniel. Mike could still be banging Chloe and hell, even Kate. Laura would fall into another coma hearing of that one!

And gosh, as much as I love Steve and Kayla, Jack and Jennifer would be far better to have on the canvas. At least they wouldn't be Bradys!
I agree completely.

SC would been ok as Mike and I do think they should just use Maggie in Marlena's role. They have been using her more lately so that is a good sign.

I do think they missed their chance to bring on Marie with Nick on the show, especially now with his issues.

I love all those ideas, although I do like Steve and Kayla a bit more then J&J. J&J are fantastic when a writer gets them but, otherwise, they tend to be a miss. Steve and Kayla are a bit easier to get for writers so they usually work out better but I agree with the sentiment. Bring on more Horton's!
Edited by PhoenixRising05, Jan 7 2009, 01:47 AM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply