Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD: EJ proposes to Nicole; Jan 6th issue; Article Summary.
Topic Started: Dec 24 2008, 10:57 AM (1,613 Views)
Ellie

Please link to DR.

Ari Zucker is interviewed in SOD about Nicole's story.

She tells SOD that Nicole finds out that Dr. Baker is a baby broker, and things fall into place for Nicole. Nicole asks Dr. Baker why he didn't offer these services to her earlier, but he tells her that it was because she "kept throwing the DiMera name around". But Nicole tells Dr. Baker that she's already lied to EJ, "so if she goes down, he goes down too", so Dr. Baker decides to help her.

Dr. Baker calls Nicole on New Years Eve to tell her he has a baby. She is very excited, but she has to find a way to get out of the house without EJ knowing. But then EJ says he has to work, so she leaves.

But then on the way, "her new Mercedes breaks down." Dr. Baker calls the DiMera mansion when Nicole doesn't show up. EJ answers and is confused, and the doctor covers up, but then Brady overhears and goes to find Nicole. Brady finds her and tells her to just tell EJ, but Nicole "gives him her sweet sob story" again and he goes along with it "because he loves her".

Brady and Nicole arrive at the clinic, but the pregnant woman has left, and this "devastates" Nicole, because it's close to her due date and she looked at this as her last resort. But, she manages to steal the pregnant woman's file.

Nicole then goes home and decides to tell EJ the truth. But, when she gets home, EJ gets down on one knee and proposes to her. Nicole is "back on the positive track" and decides not to tell EJ the truth. She has a renewed determination to make everything work out.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

The proposal sounds good. I like this. The progression of the story has been solid so far. The "Brady loves her" part bothers me. I think he still has some feelings for her but to say it's love...yet...is a bit too much. That just may be Ari's perception though. I tend to think he just feels bad for her and feels it's not his place to say anything.

MericP
Member Avatar

I really feel this storyline is sadder and sadder.

I wish they had better stuff for Ari to work with. :(

aimees76
Member Avatar

Dammit Nicole, just tell him!!! Argh!

*Brady loves her?* Huh?

DolceDiMera
Member Avatar

Thanks for posting.
I can't get that excited knowing that Nicole is lying her ass off. I try to cherish the tender Ejole moments now and just watch without thinking of Nicole's deception but it's hard.
Brady loves Nicole? WTF? When? Why? Is he that endeared by watching Nicole lie to a man about miscarrying his child?
Edited by DolceDiMera, Dec 24 2008, 01:29 PM.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

DolceDiMera
Dec 24 2008, 01:27 PM
Thanks for posting.
I can't get that excited knowing that Nicole is lying her ass off. I try to cherish the tender Ejole moments now and just watch without thinking of Nicole's deception but it's hard.
That's what bothers me. IT's classic Nicole, but instead of being deceptive trying to steal a guy from another girl, she's getting ready to break EJ's heart and trying to keep what she probably wouldn't have lost to begin with. This Brady loves her thing is probably here to keep the dangling going, which means they probably haven't decided who is going to be with whom, which means one of the three guys will lose out: Brady, EJ, or Rafe. Two women......three men, and Brady and Sami PROBABLY shouldn't be together, LOL. I suspect EJ will be womanless for a while because he'll be bitter about both deceptions.

Ellie

ladyofthelake
Dec 24 2008, 01:30 PM
I suspect EJ will be womanless for a while because he'll be bitter about both deceptions.
Yep, and because Dena's already screwed over the Lumi and Ejami fans, but she still has some work to do with the Ejole fans, lol.

cjknick
Member Avatar

As an EJ fan I'm ok with him being alone for awhile. Being with Nicole has weakened the character and Sami is horribly written right now. Ali's acting has been lacking too .... too much on her plate I suspect.
Edited by cjknick, Dec 24 2008, 01:43 PM.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

cjknick
Dec 24 2008, 01:42 PM
As an EJ fan I'm ok with him being alone for awhile. Being with Nicole has weakened the character and Sami is horribly written right now. Ali's acting has been lacking too .... too much on her plate I suspect.
Ali's acting has been lacking, but people were commenting about EJ being weakened before Nicole ever came onto the scene. Nicole has nothing to do with that.

Ellie

ladyofthelake
Dec 24 2008, 01:44 PM
cjknick
Ali's acting has been lacking, but people were commenting about EJ being weakened before Nicole ever came onto the scene. Nicole has nothing to do with that.
That might be true but I think what's weakening EJ the most is Dena writing him like a moron who can't figure out that Nicole is faking.

(And to anyone wondering, I thought John's character was weakened in 96 as well, but John and EJ are very different in the first place, and also JER and his team took care of many little details that Dena is completely brushing aside.)

mypassionispassions
Member Avatar

The only spoiler I want to read is "EJ discovers Nicole has been lying to him about her pregenancy, and has miscarried their child." When I read that spoiler it will be a happy day indeed, and I can do flips!!!!!! :dance:
Edited by mypassionispassions, Dec 24 2008, 02:57 PM.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Ellie
Dec 24 2008, 01:56 PM
ladyofthelake
cjknick
That might be true but I think what's weakening EJ the most is Dena writing him like a moron who can't figure out that Nicole is faking.

(And to anyone wondering, I thought John's character was weakened in 96 as well, but John and EJ are very different in the first place, and also JER and his team took care of many little details that Dena is completely brushing aside.)
Not for me.

JER made Austin and John looks like idiots. At least EJ is questioning things and you can say he is blinded by love and the fact that he wanted what Nicole is offering with Sami. That blinds him. It was hard to buy John loving Kristen or Austin loving Sami and they weren't offering anything they could not have with Marlena or Carrie so there was no excuse.

EJ was dumbed down before Higley. She hasn't helped but she didn't start it and I found John and Austin much dumber under JER then EJ under Higley and co.

Mason

^ I disagree about it being unbelievable that John would love Kristen. They were a pretty good couple when Kristen was still a good girl. Obviously, not like J&M, but they worked.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

PhoenixRising05
Dec 25 2008, 02:41 AM
Ellie
ladyofthelake
cjknick

Not for me.

JER made Austin and John looks like idiots. At least EJ is questioning things and you can say he is blinded by love and the fact that he wanted what Nicole is offering with Sami. That blinds him. It was hard to buy John loving Kristen or Austin loving Sami and they weren't offering anything they could not have with Marlena or Carrie so there was no excuse.

EJ was dumbed down before Higley. She hasn't helped but she didn't start it and I found John and Austin much dumber under JER then EJ under Higley and co.
Ditto to your ditto, Tim! The whole "dumbing down" of EJ started when the outcry of his atrocities hit coupled with them trying to push EJami. I really think they started pussycatting him in order to make an EJami coupling more palatable to a lot of people. Certainly, EJ putting up with Sami's incessant "Lucas or EJ? EJ or Lucas?" doesn't qualify him as very bright in the woman department. Lots of men (and women!) are that way. They can graduate summa cum laude from Harvard, but that doesn't necessarily mean they use their brains when it comes to love or lust.

SpriteEyes
Member Avatar

ladyofthelake
Dec 25 2008, 10:56 AM
PhoenixRising05
Dec 25 2008, 02:41 AM
Ellie
ladyofthelake
cjknick

Not for me.

Ditto to your ditto, Tim! The whole "dumbing down" of EJ started when the outcry of his atrocities hit coupled with them trying to push EJami. I really think they started pussycatting him in order to make an EJami coupling more palatable to a lot of people. Certainly, EJ putting up with Sami's incessant "Lucas or EJ? EJ or Lucas?" doesn't qualify him as very bright in the woman department. Lots of men (and women!) are that way. They can graduate summa cum laude from Harvard, but that doesn't necessarily mean they use their brains when it comes to love or lust.
I didn't think Ej was dumbed down with Sami, just changed because of Johnny.

What has dumbed him down is that he never noticed Sami's big old belly. He's buying Nicole's "you're so sexy I have to jump your bones everytime I look at you." Come, on, Nicole has never acted like Marlena before.

Quote:

Brady finds her and tells her to just tell EJ, but Nicole "gives him her sweet sob story" again and he goes along with it "because he loves her".
I've always wanted to find out that Brady realized that life with Chloe wasn't all it was cracked up to be, and that much of what he blamed on Nicole could was nobody's fault but Chloe's.

Because he did love her enough that he was going to propose to her.

Lorijean0

Brady, EJ, or Rafe. Two women......three men, and Brady and Sami PROBABLY shouldn't be together, LOL. I suspect EJ will be womanless for a while because he'll be bitter about both deceptions.

Ej will be on his way back to being the bad Dimera that we all know he is after all the baby stuff that has went on "Forever" right in front of him.....

This is getting better and better.
I'm glad that Ej is gonna be alone.That what he gets for being so stupid.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply