Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOW: Stephanie and Philip Smooch; Jan 6 issue, article summary
Topic Started: Dec 24 2008, 11:21 AM (3,733 Views)
Jonatha

Please link to DR:

Stephanie has an unexpected New Year's Eve this week when she and Philip share a passionate kiss, even though Melanie attempts to ruin their night.

"Stephanie's ready to be in love again," says Shelley Hennig (Stephanie). Steph wants to experience something with a new guy.

As she prepares for something different with Philip, some unsettling information comes her way. "Chloe tells Stephanie that Philip is a little unstable as far as women go," explains Hennig. Chloe tells Steph that Philip might be her rebound and she may be his. Steph begins to feel a bit insecure and intends to proceed with a bit of caution.

Philip asks Stephanie to ring in the New Year with him at Chez Rouge and "Stephanie takes a second to remember what Chloe said to her." But Steph's attitude is 'I don't care,' because she knows she'll have fun with Philip.

Their New Years celebration has a few hitches. "All of a sudden Max shows up with Chelsea. That catches Stephanie completely off guard, because she and Max have a past, and here she is with Philip," Hennig points out. Although Steph looks at Max a bit wistfully be decides she is there to have a good time with Philip.

Jealous Melanie has different intentions as she arranges for a patron to spill a drink on Stephanie, so she can get Philip alone to herself. "Stephanie is pissed!" says Hennig, because she thinks it looks like Melanie is kissing Philip. Stephanie asks 'Did I miss something?' and Philip says 'Yea, what you missed is this.' And he pulls Steph into a passionate kiss.

As Philip and Melanie continue on with their evening, Melanie skulks off. She later takes a stroll along the pier. But Stephanie is still thinking about the kiss she thought she saw between Philip and Melanie. "Yes, Philip is sweeping her off her feet, but she can't continue with this if he's going to be that way -- a womanizer." Philip tells her that he and Melanie didn't kiss, that Melanie was just whispering in his ear.

Steph wonders if Philip was trying to prove a point in kissing Melanie. He admits that was one of the reasons, but there is another reason - he really likes Stephanie. Philip then plants another passionate kiss on Steph. "Stephanie is really falling for Philip," admits Hennig. "It's kind of cruel that he's her boss. That does add a little excitement to things, and he's this older, successful guy. She intrigued by him. She's beginning to feel she is getting a real sense of Philp and not just that Kiriakis suaveness. She thinks she may be tapping into his heart a little."

As for Melanie's continued attempts to sabotage their relationship, "Clearly, Philip always come back to Stephanie," Hennig says. Adding Melanie's schemes "Are childish and pointless. Nothing has worked out yet." Famous last words?

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

I LOVE this!!

Glad that Stephanie is reminded of Philip's ways with woman. Perfect that Chloe tells her.

I love the way Shelley describes Melanie's schemes too LOL. I love their feud and I like the wrinkle of Chelsea and Max stirring trouble too. I really do enjoy Philip and Stephanie and their story with Melanie is the story I look forward to most in 2009.

BradyDiva06
Member Avatar

Thanks for posting this. I can't wait to see it. I really like the relationship that is developing between these two.

Mikegoldy
Member Avatar

I think the Stephanie-Philip-Melanie triangle will be a success in 2009. It would be made perfect though by the return of Jeremy Horton. I'm not giving up on that ha

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Eh. I still think this story is being rushed.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

^Drew, I would agree with you if not for the fact that it's a very flirty relationship and that as long as they don't have sex anytime in the next two months, it's not rushed IMO. I think it's reflective of modern times. I think there is a disconnect with the audience if you try to make it too old-fashioned. You don't see people Steph and Philip's age waiting around to kiss or to explore each other before becoming a couple. I'm all for slow builds but I recognize the times and culture we live in. People have short attention spans. Hell, people already want the baby story over with and it's only been going since the last week of November.

The days of slow-building romances and stories are gone. I wish they weren't but they just don't seem to be accepted by the masses anymore. There is always fan fiction though LOL.

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

More than the Melanie/Phillip/Steph triangle, I'm gonna like the Phillip/Steph/Chelsea/Max foursome!

phloeishot
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Dec 25 2008, 02:39 AM
^Drew, I would agree with you if not for the fact that it's a very flirty relationship and that as long as they don't have sex anytime in the next two months, it's not rushed IMO. I think it's reflective of modern times. I think there is a disconnect with the audience if you try to make it too old-fashioned. You don't see people Steph and Philip's age waiting around to kiss or to explore each other before becoming a couple. I'm all for slow builds but I recognize the times and culture we live in. People have short attention spans. Hell, people already want the baby story over with and it's only been going since the last week of November.

The days of slow-building romances and stories are gone. I wish they weren't but they just don't seem to be accepted by the masses anymore. There is always fan fiction though LOL.
I don't think that's true at all. I'm part of the demo that the networks want and I loved how Langan and his team had a slow build up to Shelle and Phloe. I don't like "insta-love".

luvpumpkns
Member Avatar

phloeishot
Dec 26 2008, 02:24 AM
PhoenixRising05

I don't think that's true at all. I'm part of the demo that the networks want and I loved how Langan and his team had a slow build up to Shelle and Phloe. I don't like "insta-love".
it's not insta-love, they just aren't trying to keep grandmas happy by waiting six months before they lock lips. count me in as someone of the younger generation that has a shorter attention span. by all means, have them wait to have sex and fall in love, but let's not play 'does he like me/should i kiss him' for a year before it happens.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

phloeishot
Dec 26 2008, 02:24 AM
PhoenixRising05

But, in all fairness, you're one person, and you are someone who is pretty ardent in wanting Philip with someone else. I'm pretty sure Tim was talking about this day and age in general. The more I watch Philip and Stephanie, the more I enjoy their flirty vibe. Although, of course, I'm not part of that all-important demographic. Or am I? I forgot the age range. And he's right. And, of course, Tim didn't mention "demos"; he mentioned the masses, which encompasses all age groups.
But, Tim, in another way, Days doesn't have the luxury of a slow, drawn-out romance, time-wise. So combined with attention spans, this is the way of the world, at least our world.

Kyrai

I'm sure I'm in the minority, but I'd just like to like a couple for more than just the lead-in to sex. I like seeing them interact as friends, co-workers, and seeing the attraction develop. I'm sure its harder to write than just leering at each other till they hit the sheets, but when I like a couple, I enjoy their friendship moments, seeing them work together, bits of real life.

I think if the story is interesting as they build to romance, it won't seem like we're waiting forever, and I like it taking long enough for me to be rooting for them to get together.

It seems like with so many couples, they see each other, then build to having sex without feeling like we get to know them. Then it feels like, where do you go from here? Don't get me wrong. It's not that I don't love the romance and hot scenes, but I like it when I see the attraction forming and choose to root for it vs. tptb hitting me over the head with a mallet. A big part of a 'hot' scene to me is feeling the emotion vs. just seeing naked body parts.

With Stephanie and Phillip, I like the idea of them working together, with Melanie as an interloper, and Chelsea thrown in as well, and Brady. But I'd like to see Phillip and Stephanie working on projects together, maybe having to stay over for a deadline with Phillip or Stephanie being exhausted, and the other sympathizing, bring food in, etc because they want to help. It would be nice if Stephanie and Phillip were actually dating others in real life, and they could joke about their dates, though I guess Phillips position as bigwig somewhat precludes that kind of co-worker friendliness. It would be nice to see them face some company deadlines and tense moments, friction.

Outside of work, it would be nice to see them interact casually as well, perhaps worrying about dinner, groceries, shopping for a new car, discussion of what books they read, movies, riding bikes, running, at the gym, etc. Aside from life as usual events, as a business leader, there could be opportunities from events Phillip could attend from gala openings (museums, exhibits, parks), local sports events, a city festival or carnival in the Summer. I always remember Mike Horton being in a carnival in the dunking booth. It would be fun hearing Phillip toss one liners at Stephanie as she tries to dunk him or vice versa.

I don't want stories like Kristen anymore, but I do still want to get to know couples before they hit the sack. I think there is a middle ground between insta and drawn out interminably.

Edited by Kyrai, Dec 26 2008, 12:16 PM.

Moodyj66

Thanks. I do like the sound of this and am looking forward to it. I'm much more interested in the Philip/Stephanie/Max/Chelsea section of things than Melanie the interloper.

It's just so funny to me because I've never cared much for Stephanie, Max or Chelsea in the past, but I do enjoy Stephanie with Philip, and Chelsea doesn't annoy me as much as she used to. I've enjoyed a lot of the recent Chelsea/Max scenes. The least interesting aspect for me is the Melanie one. Maybe it's because I find Melanie very immature and too childish to be involved with Philip. (There's also the Nick factor that I won't even go into.) I wish the Philip/Stephanie foil were a different character and actress. Melanie is just too out of place for me. JMO.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Kyrai
Dec 26 2008, 12:13 PM
I'm sure I'm in the minority, but I'd just like to like a couple for more than just the lead-in to sex. I like seeing them interact as friends, co-workers, and seeing the attraction develop. I'm sure its harder to write than just leering at each other till they hit the sheets, but when I like a couple, I enjoy their friendship moments, seeing them work together, bits of real life.

I think if the story is interesting as they build to romance, it won't seem like we're waiting forever, and I like it taking long enough for me to be rooting for them to get together.

It seems like with so many couples, they see each other, then build to having sex without feeling like we get to know them. Then it feels like, where do you go from here? Don't get me wrong. It's not that I don't love the romance and hot scenes, but I like it when I see the attraction forming and choose to root for it vs. tptb hitting me over the head with a mallet. A big part of a 'hot' scene to me is feeling the emotion vs. just seeing naked body parts.

With Stephanie and Phillip, I like the idea of them working together, with Melanie as an interloper, and Chelsea thrown in as well, and Brady. But I'd like to see Phillip and Stephanie working on projects together, maybe having to stay over for a deadline with Phillip or Stephanie being exhausted, and the other sympathizing, bring food in, etc because they want to help. It would be nice if Stephanie and Phillip were actually dating others in real life, and they could joke about their dates, though I guess Phillips position as bigwig somewhat precludes that kind of co-worker friendliness. It would be nice to see them face some company deadlines and tense moments, friction.

Outside of work, it would be nice to see them interact casually as well, perhaps worrying about dinner, groceries, shopping for a new car, discussion of what books they read, movies, riding bikes, running, at the gym, etc. Aside from life as usual events, as a business leader, there could be opportunities from events Phillip could attend from gala openings (museums, exhibits, parks), local sports events, a city festival or carnival in the Summer. I always remember Mike Horton being in a carnival in the dunking booth. It would be fun hearing Phillip toss one liners at Stephanie as she tries to dunk him or vice versa.

I don't want stories like Kristen anymore, but I do still want to get to know couples before they hit the sack. I think there is a middle ground between insta and drawn out interminably.

Well, there's a record in that they've been together at work for, what, a week, and they didn't do anything in the vault! :D That's kind of sad when a budding couple not getting it on for at least a week is something amazing, isn't it?
I know that there have been other couples folks have complained about for going "too fast", when, in essence, they really haven't. They're using some playful flirty stuff with Philip and Stephanie that beats the nasty exam room scene of Chloe and Daniel.
But those outside playful banter scenes would be nice.
Going back to my Shimi love days, one of the things I really liked about them was the fact that they were friends and playful friends that, to me, worked well when they became lovers because of the light, flirty, fun moments. It probably helped that Jason Cook and Farah Fath were good friends. Maybe this is why, to me, Philip and Stephanie don't feel forced because JKJ and Shelley were already good friends, dating, or something. They've apparently had some type of friend or dating relationship for months.
Right now, a bonus for Philip is that he's got a side story, this upcoming competition with Brady in the business, plus his mom's illness (although that's ending). When a couple interacts with others outside of their own budding stories, that really helps.

SpriteEyes
Member Avatar

Quote:

"Stephanie's ready to be in love again," says Shelley Hennig (Stephanie). Steph wants to experience something with a new guy.
:lol: How long as she and Max been apart?

Guess she wasn't in love to begin with and so much for taking this slow.
Quote:

Maybe this is why, to me, Philip and Stephanie don't feel forced because JKJ and Shelley were already good friends, dating, or something. They've apparently had some type of friend or dating relationship for months.
I don't care about offscreen, I haven't seen it onscreen. These two have known each other for a couple of weeks, unlike Shawn and Mimi who we saw since high school.

For me, they make as much sense as Lucas and Chloe. Insta-Romance. :shrug:
Edited by SpriteEyes, Dec 26 2008, 01:44 PM.

jane1978

SpriteEyes
Dec 26 2008, 01:42 PM
Quote:

Quote:

Maybe this is why, to me, Philip and Stephanie don't feel forced because JKJ and Shelley were already good friends, dating, or something. They've apparently had some type of friend or dating relationship for months.
I don't care about offscreen, I haven't seen it onscreen. These two have known each other for a couple of weeks, unlike Shawn and Mimi who we saw since high school.

I dont think they are insta couple. For me insta couple is someone who is suddenly written as in love while weve never seen something develop before.

But Phillip/Steph has been flirting and cyrcling around each other for months and atleast from the famous drunken Steph scene you could clearly see the sparks flying between them. So when he asked her to work for him and they eventually ended in the vault and almost kissed it was natural, not something the writers suddenly made up. The writing was following the chemistry, not otherwise.

For me, the same thing happened with the elevator scene. Id seen EJ/Nicol falling with each other before they made love there, so no surprise it happened, it was just a matter of time. On the other side, Chloe/Lucas were like WTF are they suddenly scre*ing each other? it was totally forced, totally out of the blue, just something the writers needed for the story but not prepared at all.

Luckilly, I think Steph/Phillip are EJ/Nicol, not Lucas/Chloe.
Edited by jane1978, Dec 26 2008, 04:27 PM.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

jane1978
Dec 26 2008, 04:21 PM
SpriteEyes
Dec 26 2008, 01:42 PM
Quote:

Quote:

I dont think they are insta couple. For me insta couple is someone who is suddenly written as in love while weve never seen something develop before.

But Phillip/Steph has been flirting and cyrcling around each other for months and atleast from the famous drunken Steph scene you could clearly see the sparks flying between them. So when he asked her to work for him and they eventually ended in the vault and almost kissed it was natural, not something the writers suddenly made up. The writing was following the chemistry, not otherwise.

For me, the same thing happened with the elevator scene. Id seen EJ/Nicol falling with each other before they made love there, so no surprise it happened, it was just a matter of time. On the other side, Chloe/Lucas were like WTF are they suddenly scre*ing each other? it was totally forced, totally out of the blue, just something the writers needed for the story but not prepared at all.

Luckilly, I think Steph/Phillip are EJ/Nicol, not Lucas/Chloe.
I agree. :)

SpriteEyes
Member Avatar

Months? How many? Cuz I don't remember months.

When I think of anticipation I think of ME wanting them together before the characters have an inkling.

It seems to me as soon as Max and Stephanie broke up she was put with Phil cuz he's not her uncle, even though her mother & his brother are siblings.
Edited by SpriteEyes, Dec 26 2008, 05:48 PM.

esp13
Member Avatar

Well, "months" is a relative thing with Days when we have days that last for weeks sometimes. But, Stephanie did go to the Kiriakis mansion on Halloween to talk to Philip (just a day or so after the break-up with Max), so it has been a couple of months since Stax broke up and they put Stephanie in Philip's orbit. The almost kiss in the vault was mid-December, so that's about a month and a half of establishing a friendship between the two (the visit to the mansion, drunk Stephanie, they convo at the gym, Philip offering the internship, the Nick stuff) before it moved to a different level.

I'll be the first to admit that's a far cry from the old days when it was 6 months before a couple shared their first kiss. But, in terms of how things work these days, it's a fair amount of pre-romance set-up. I'd like it to be longer and I would have loved if they had allowed the relationship to grow more gradually, but I've given up hoping for that stuff anymore. It's far from perfect, but I'll take at least some minimal set-up over the truly "insta-love" of Lucas and Chloe or Chloe and Daniel, or Kate and Daniel, or Chelsea and Daniel, etc., etc.

SpriteEyes
Member Avatar

esp13
Dec 26 2008, 05:56 PM
Well, "months" is a relative thing with Days when we have days that last for weeks sometimes. But, Stephanie did go to the Kiriakis mansion on Halloween to talk to Philip (just a day or so after the break-up with Max), so it has been a couple of months since Stax broke up and they put Stephanie in Philip's orbit. The almost kiss in the vault was mid-December, so that's about a month and a half of establishing a friendship between the two (the visit to the mansion, drunk Stephanie, they convo at the gym, Philip offering the internship, the Nick stuff) before it moved to a different level.

I'll be the first to admit that's a far cry from the old days when it was 6 months before a couple shared their first kiss. But, in terms of how things work these days, it's a fair amount of pre-romance set-up. I'd like it to be longer and I would have loved if they had allowed the relationship to grow more gradually, but I've given up hoping for that stuff anymore. It's far from perfect, but I'll take at least some minimal set-up over the truly "insta-love" of Lucas and Chloe or Chloe and Daniel, or Kate and Daniel, or Chelsea and Daniel, etc., etc.
That is minimal.

Outside of her cute dimples and perky boobs, what exactly makes her different from Morgan?

esp13
Member Avatar

Well, thus far, she appears to be able to go to the post office and pick up a package without needing Philip's support. I liked Morgan and Philip and Morgan right up until they made Morgan a simpering wimp who totally believed Philip was a wonderful guy despite the fact that her father (who she believed could do no wrong) warned her multiple times to stay away from him.

Thus far (and Lord knows it could change tomorrow), I like that Stephanie has been more confident lately and most of her interaction with Philip has been fun and banter-y. I really wish they would develop Stephanie's character further, but I hold no real hopes for that since the show doesn't seem to have any interest in developing anybody's character.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply