Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS: Best Strategy for Bringing Back DHs- TUNE OUT
Topic Started: Dec 27 2008, 02:42 PM (2,544 Views)
daisysmommy

Well, I am tuning out. And NO, one viewer can't change things. But I thought message boards were places for discussion...not this one, it seems.
Edited by daisysmommy, Dec 28 2008, 03:25 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

hoochielicious
Member Avatar
Queen Hoochie

I think the ratings sinking would make it less likely to bring them back since Corday would probably not be able to afford them. If the show continues to do well and stays on the air, then the DH's could return later. But they can't return to a show that is canceled.

FF said recently that Corday was asking for paycuts when she was on in 2006.

I watch very rarely anyways.

Daytime
Member Avatar

I rarely watch myself....

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

hoochielicious
Dec 27 2008, 02:52 PM
I think the ratings sinking would make it less likely to bring them back since Corday would probably not be able to afford them. If the show continues to do well and stays on the air, then the DH's could return later. But they can't return to a show that is canceled.

FF said recently that Corday was asking for paycuts when she was on in 2006.

I watch very rarely anyways.
Exactly.

Declining rather would ensure they don't return. In fact, it would probably lead to more cuts.

I don't think their exits will kill the numbers anyway. Most of the J&M fans that did count in the ratings seem to have given up a long time ago,

lene
Member Avatar

huh, i'll continue to watch, and i'll continue to enjoy the show. ;)

daisysmommy

Well, to make room in the budget you have to juggle the budget. That's all I am saying. Yes, the DHs would need to take lower guarantee/paycut. And no, they won't be able to trade three youngies for one of them...but there's fat to trim on that show. They are cutting the filet. Idiots.

koos

Waitaminute, you're calling Heroes "sad sack" on a Days of Our Lives forum?

I'm behind about three weeks on Days, and when I watch my tapes, I fast forward through most of it. I don't know how much more I can stomach; IMO, it's now worse than even the worst of JER. If I quit for good, it won't be because the DHs are gone.

daisysmommy

koos
Dec 27 2008, 04:18 PM
Waitaminute, you're calling Heroes "sad sack" on a Days of Our Lives forum?

I'm behind about three weeks on Days, and when I watch my tapes, I fast forward through most of it. I don't know how much more I can stomach; IMO, it's now worse than even the worst of JER. If I quit for good, it won't be because the DHs are gone.
Well, not COMPARED to DOOL...but yes. I am comparing. As in-- they won't get a pickup with the suckitude they are airing (HEROES).

And bully if you don't quit on account of DHs. Enjoy. Seriously. Can't imagine, but, enjoy. I know there have been couples I have hated that were loved. So if you tune in with gusto-- goodness bless.

hops
Member Avatar

I agree that most of the John and Marlena fans that might count in the ratings have already left. I could probably name at least 30 off the top of my head that used to post on message boards, but have moved on. I'm only here because I'm a die hard, lol. Some left because they want to remember who J&M were. Most because of the overall writing. I'll be here until January 23rd because of D&D and J&M. I'll leave because of the writing. I just don't care anymore and that's sad.

daisysmommy

OK-- but I boycotted during TB stupidity-- and ratings tanked. So I am sticking to my story.

If there's ANYTHING left there to keep you entertained, I seriously am not computing. But go with your gut.

hoochielicious
Member Avatar
Queen Hoochie

daisysmommy
Dec 27 2008, 05:12 PM
OK-- but I boycotted during TB stupidity-- and ratings tanked. So I am sticking to my story.

If there's ANYTHING left there to keep you entertained, I seriously am not computing. But go with your gut.
So you are responsible for the ratings tanking? Wow. I had no idea I was talking to someone with all that power.

:hail:

Mikegoldy
Member Avatar

Everyone has such a dramatic reaction to stop watching a tv show. If you don't like, just stop watching. It's not like you are divorcing your husband or wife :) And that wasn't directed to you Daisy, just people who seem to leave their soaps with such drama connected to it.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

hoochielicious
Dec 27 2008, 07:32 PM
daisysmommy
Dec 27 2008, 05:12 PM

So you are responsible for the ratings tanking? Wow. I had no idea I was talking to someone with all that power.

:lol:

And Mikegoldy, I totally agree. Quitting watching TV show shouldn't be a major event.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

Mikegoldy
Dec 27 2008, 07:32 PM
Everyone has such a dramatic reaction to stop watching a tv show. If you don't like, just stop watching. It's not like you are divorcing your husband or wife :) And that wasn't directed to you Daisy, just people who seem to leave their soaps with such drama connected to it.

Jane083

I have no intention of watching any part of DAYS without John & Marlena. I have only held out this last year because of the promise for a good J/M love story. I could easily give Corday a VERY long list of actors he could do away with so he could keep John and Marlena on the front burner, along with Bo and Hope, Steve and Kayla. How can he not realize that we want the 'family' show we have loved for so long. DAYS always had a history of family and now hardly any of the Horton and Brady families exists and that is who we care for and what we want to see. Watching the Christmas tree hanging episode made me realize just how many people who we cared about that are missing: Jack, Jennifer, Mike, Shawn, Belle, Carrie, Austin. Who really cares about over half the cast that they have now?

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Jane083
Dec 27 2008, 08:52 PM
I have no intention of watching any part of DAYS without John & Marlena. I have only held out this last year because of the promise for a good J/M love story. I could easily give Corday a VERY long list of actors he could do away with so he could keep John and Marlena on the front burner, along with Bo and Hope, Steve and Kayla. How can he not realize that we want the 'family' show we have loved for so long. DAYS always had a history of family and now hardly any of the Horton and Brady families exists and that is who we care for and what we want to see. Watching the Christmas tree hanging episode made me realize just how many people who we cared about that are missing: Jack, Jennifer, Mike, Shawn, Belle, Carrie, Austin. Who really cares about over half the cast that they have now?
Well, apparently there are some who still care. Check this board. There's at least one fan for almost every character.
Once upon a time, people probably griped because Doug and Julie were backburnered for Roman and Marlena, and Don Craig went to the post office and never came back.
And, how many Hortons were missing when Jack and Jennifer were still around? Addie, Tommy, Jessica, Laura, Bill.........and there are new Horton members to replace those who were gone.
So, again, like was mentioned earlier, quit watching, but I really wish people would quit making a federal case out of it. Time is going on, and we can't keep dwelling in the past.

Deleted User
Deleted User

ladyofthelake
Dec 27 2008, 09:10 PM
Jane083
Well, apparently there are some who still care. Check this board. There's at least one fan for almost every character.
Once upon a time, people probably griped because Doug and Julie were backburnered for Roman and Marlena, and Don Craig went to the post office and never came back.
And, how many Hortons were missing when Jack and Jennifer were still around? Addie, Tommy, Jessica, Laura, Bill.........and there are new Horton members to replace those who were gone.
So, again, like was mentioned earlier, quit watching, but I really wish people would quit making a federal case out of it. Time is going on, and we can't keep dwelling in the past.
I am one of those that have stopped watching for months and will continue to do so. That said, I totally agree with this post and must say it was hilarious as well!
Quote Post Goto Top

Mikegoldy
Member Avatar

Jane083
I care about a lot of the characters on the show lol To be honest, the only characters I truly don't care about at all or Tony and Roman lol Characters come and go all of the time on soaps. 25 years ago, there wasn't an adult Jennifer, a Jack, a Shawn, a Belle, an adult Carrie, or an Austin. However, there were lots of other popular characters that I'm sure viewers missed when they left. I feel quite attached to Bo and Hope, and Maggie, and EJ and Sami, and Philip and Chloe, and Chelsea, and Caroline.... The list really goes on. It's sad that there aren't more Hortons on the show, something that could be easily rectified. Bring back Jeremy and Sara Horton, put lots more focus on Doug, Julie, and Maggie, and you have a Horton family. There are plenty of Bradys, and the Christmas show was filled with different families celebrating.

If you were only watching for John and Marlena, that's a shame. It would be hard for me to try to stay connected to a show where I only cared about 2 of the 30 characters.

hops
Member Avatar

I'm not living in the past. I just don't think the present show is very entertaining.

Jiggs
Member Avatar

Well, I won't be watching, but it's not a strategy to get them back. I'm happy to give up this crap show. :laugh:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply