Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
The Nanny
Topic Started: Dec 28 2008, 05:27 PM (3,726 Views)
LPS
Member Avatar

This is one of the shows where the supporting actors were better than the main stars. Couldn't stand Fran or her annoying boss. It felt like a total rip off of I Love Lucy. However, CC and Nigel were AWESOME. They made that show great.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

FatherJohn
Member Avatar

LPS
Mar 19 2011, 11:28 PM
This is one of the shows where the supporting actors were better than the main stars. Couldn't stand Fran or her annoying boss. It felt like a total rip off of I Love Lucy. However, CC and Nigel were AWESOME. They made that show great.
I agree.. I also think that Frans mom and Grandmother along with her aunt Frida also added a lot to the show.

Titus Andronicus
Member Avatar

I watch the reruns on occasion and always hope that Lauren Lane was paid well. C.C. never ever came out on top, even with snarky lines.

The show had to be based around Drescher to work, but that got old within a few seasons.

Keisha
Member Avatar
♥ Sabrina & Patrick ♥

i so love this show. Love Niles & CC as well as i love Fran and Maxwell...

Keith
Member Avatar

Niles & C.C. were the bread and butter of the show. Lauren and Daniel were comedy gold together.

SaphireEyes
Member Avatar

Loved the Nanny and still watch the re-runs. Niles was a special delight.

pinkcovergirl
Member Avatar

Love love love this show! One of my favorites!

DocandJohn4ever
Member Avatar

SaphireEyes
Sep 16 2011, 11:23 AM
Loved the Nanny and still watch the re-runs. Niles was a special delight.
me too I still watch it every night on tv land lol and oh yea he definitely was, he was one of my favorite characters, this is one of my favorite scenes from him

:roflol: :roflol:

Oak Alley
Member Avatar

I LOVE all of the cast/characters- such a rare for me, so this comedy is GOLD!!

Poker Face
Member Avatar
DraDeeDOESitBETTER best couple on DAYS

lmfao i loved the nanny too!!! i grew up with that show!!! so funny,sigh good times.

Tammy
Member Avatar

This show was almost like Will & Grace where the supporting characters were better then the main characters. Jack & Karen and Niles & CC = AWESOME! :wub:

Dakota
Member Avatar
World Cup June 12, 2014- July 13, 2014

So true.

Keith
Member Avatar

They really need to get off their butts and release the rest of the seasons. Can't believe they've only released three. :( I need to own this whole show damn it.

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

I loved everyone,not a single star I didn't like.

If you didn't like Fran why the hell watch,hello,it was called The Nanny,DUH,that means it was meant to center around her.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Retro TV Talk · Next Topic »
Add Reply