Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS:Spoilers for wk of January 12th; **UPDATED 1/8*
Topic Started: Dec 30 2008, 11:11 PM (16,627 Views)
mbdimera
Member Avatar

ladyofthelake
Dec 31 2008, 01:00 PM
mbdimera
Dec 31 2008, 10:28 AM
Alligato
Dec 31 2008, 10:00 AM
:puke: I think that is the new DR phrase of the year "EJ being dumbed down". I think it is in every damn thread as he has been "dumbed down" since January. I don't even know what it means anymore.
It has as much of an effect as "EJ lost his balls". :blah:

ETA: And the "Nicole show" is kicking ass! We finally have an actress who is worth a damn, with an intresting story, and a hot guy in love with her. I can wait for the fallout!!! Its better than we have had all friggin year!!!
IMO some people feel he has been "dumbed down" because he doesn't realize, despite many clues and hints, that Nicole is no longer pregnant and has a large piece of rubber stuffed under her shirt.

And I'm thinking some people feel he has "lost his balls" because he just blindly accepts whatever cock and bull stories she feeds him. For example, the scene that put it over the top for me was when Dr. Baker show up at the Dimera mansion, at night, for an "exam". He and Nicole head up to her bedroom alone and apparently EJ doesn't think this is a strange occurrence.

With that being said, I understand it needs to be this way to further the plot. But that doesn't mean it can't bug me as an EJ fan, especially if it comes across as EJ being written this way to make Nicole look smart and crafty.
And EJ was just full of brains when Sami flouted around in that tent dress right before she went into that so-called witness protection program. I thought a guy as savvy as EJ would realize tent dresses aren't exactly in vogue now? Again, I say the brainless ball-less EJ was happening before they put him with Nicole. It had to happen to make him palatable enough for the Bradys. And I mean brainless as in good old common sense when it comes to women. Any guy who kept hanging on for Sami's "I love you. No I love Lucas. No, I love myself" is about one doughnut short of a dozen.
I never said in my post that EJ was "full of brains" not to notice Sami is pregnant. That part of the story is ridiculous too.

If people want to call him stupid for waiting around for Sami, that's one thing. But when I see people say he hasn't lost any brain cells in order to make this storyline work, I just don't get that.

But I can agree to disagree. No one wants Evil EJ back more than me, so that's what I'm hanging my hat on right now and hoping that the writers can possibly do him justice. :)

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

mbdimera
Dec 31 2008, 02:44 PM
ladyofthelake
Dec 31 2008, 01:00 PM
mbdimera
Dec 31 2008, 10:28 AM
Alligato
Dec 31 2008, 10:00 AM
:puke: I think that is the new DR phrase of the year "EJ being dumbed down". I think it is in every damn thread as he has been "dumbed down" since January. I don't even know what it means anymore.
It has as much of an effect as "EJ lost his balls". :blah:

ETA: And the "Nicole show" is kicking ass! We finally have an actress who is worth a damn, with an intresting story, and a hot guy in love with her. I can wait for the fallout!!! Its better than we have had all friggin year!!!
IMO some people feel he has been "dumbed down" because he doesn't realize, despite many clues and hints, that Nicole is no longer pregnant and has a large piece of rubber stuffed under her shirt.

And I'm thinking some people feel he has "lost his balls" because he just blindly accepts whatever cock and bull stories she feeds him. For example, the scene that put it over the top for me was when Dr. Baker show up at the Dimera mansion, at night, for an "exam". He and Nicole head up to her bedroom alone and apparently EJ doesn't think this is a strange occurrence.

With that being said, I understand it needs to be this way to further the plot. But that doesn't mean it can't bug me as an EJ fan, especially if it comes across as EJ being written this way to make Nicole look smart and crafty.
And EJ was just full of brains when Sami flouted around in that tent dress right before she went into that so-called witness protection program. I thought a guy as savvy as EJ would realize tent dresses aren't exactly in vogue now? Again, I say the brainless ball-less EJ was happening before they put him with Nicole. It had to happen to make him palatable enough for the Bradys. And I mean brainless as in good old common sense when it comes to women. Any guy who kept hanging on for Sami's "I love you. No I love Lucas. No, I love myself" is about one doughnut short of a dozen.
I never said in my post that EJ was "full of brains" not to notice Sami is pregnant. That part of the story is ridiculous too.

If people want to call him stupid for waiting around for Sami, that's one thing. But when I see people say he hasn't lost any brain cells in order to make this storyline work, I just don't get that.

But I can agree to disagree. No one wants Evil EJ back more than me, so that's what I'm hanging my hat on right now and hoping that the writers can possibly do him justice. :)

Who has said he hasn't lost any brain cells? I believe what I've been reading is that many people think he hasn't lost any more brain cells than he did when Sami was playing her games.

ginababe
BANNED

I prefer quality over quantity, and if by getting quality stories for ej means less air time, I'll take it!

ges
Member Avatar

The only reason Hagley is making E.J. more of a badass with the business is because she thinks people won't notice how obtuse E.J. has become. No pre-nup, no feeling for the baby's little kicks (a ritual which every every expectant couple on earth,probably even primates enjoy frequently), A Doctor that looks and acts like he just downed a gallon of Jack, a complete fool for Nicole. Say what you want about Sammi, but he called her out on alot of her lies. Now he wouldn't know a lie from Nicole even if she took off the rubber stomach and shoved it up her ass, thanks to Hackley.
But in Hackley's defense she has destroyed every character except Victor. Maybe he has friends in the greek mafia who have paid her a visit or something.

Happy New Year Everyone except Higley. :drunk: :cheers:

Kenny
Member Avatar

Anyday now I'm expecting to read a spoiler that says "John and Marlena learn that Dr. Taylor is Kristen." Then I'm going to vomit all over the TV screen.

Thanks for posting, Angie darling! :)

KellyGHFan

I read on another forum, someone speculated that Charlotte Taylor could be Ava with plastic surgery LOL.

Kenny
Member Avatar

KellyGHFan
Dec 31 2008, 04:02 PM
I read on another forum, someone speculated that Charlotte Taylor could be Ava with plastic surgery LOL.
You sure it wasn't you, Terry? ;)

Kirk
Member Avatar
Captain Kirk

Kenny
Dec 31 2008, 04:32 PM
KellyGHFan
:wub2:

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Kenny
KellyGHFan
Ah, Kenny, you voiced what I was thinking! :D

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

I was thinking it but didn't want to say anything LOL.

Having said that, I can actually see Charlotte being Ava and could go for that.
Edited by PhoenixRising05, Dec 31 2008, 04:49 PM.

DolceDiMera
Member Avatar

EJ, Nicole, and Victor scenes? Awesome. I could watch a lifetime of DiMera vs. Kiriakis with Nicole and EJ side by side of course.

kelligapeach

KellyGHFan
Dec 31 2008, 01:34 AM
can you say boring ZZZZZZZZZZZZ, where is the ones I care for; Melanie and Stephanie.

Looks like, I won't be watching this week so far. I hate what Dena is turning Daniel into.
ITA. Love Salem's new bad girl, Melanie!
I won't be watching either, I'm not happy with Danloe's lustfest. I'm a Huge SC fan but pairing Daniel with Chloe isn't working! Not happy at all!!

ges
Member Avatar

KellyGHFan
Can you imagine the amount of silicone needed to make a mold of Melanie's mouth? But she does make a good bad girl and I like your banner. :wave:

KellyGHFan

Kenny
KellyGHFan
No It wasn't me. I believe it was over at nbc or sony.

I could see Days going the rout of making Carlotte, Ava. Ava did leave acouple months ago. But remember Crazier things has happened on Days before so I could see it happening. If 11 victims can come back from the dead, a rapist(Ford) falling down 3 tiny stairs and dies etc, then anything can happen.

I am not saying that I want Carlotte to be Ava. I do like Carlotte though, maybe hook her up with Daniel.

Didn't Corday or someone said, A Ava return could be possible down the road. I swell i remember reading that acouple months ago, When Tamara left the role of Ava.

KellyGHFan

kelligapeach
Dec 31 2008, 05:11 PM
KellyGHFan
Dec 31 2008, 01:34 AM
can you say boring ZZZZZZZZZZZZ, where is the ones I care for; Melanie and Stephanie.

Looks like, I won't be watching this week so far. I hate what Dena is turning Daniel into.
ITA. Love Salem's new bad girl, Melanie!
I won't be watching either, I'm not happy with Danloe's lustfest. I'm a Huge SC fan but pairing Daniel with Chloe isn't working! Not happy at all!!
I agree, I hate what Higley is doing to Daniel. I use to be a big fan of Daniel until he become a sex addict. It wouldn't be that bad if he actually goes non-patients but it makes it gross that he only has a thing for his patients.

Why not try out Carlotte and Daniel. Or Keep Daniel with Kate. Daniel, the first guy...I actually liked with Kate.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

KellyGHFan
Dec 31 2008, 07:08 PM
Kenny
KellyGHFan

I could see Days going the rout of making Carlotte, Ava. Ava did leave acouple months ago. But remember Crazier things has happened on Days before so I could see it happening. If 11 victims can come back from the dead, a rapist(Ford) falling down 3 tiny stairs and dies etc, then anything can happen.

I am not saying that I want Carlotte to be Ava. I do like Carlotte though, maybe hook her up with Daniel.

Didn't Corday or someone said, A Ava return could be possible down the road. I swell i remember reading that acouple months ago, When Tamara left the role of Ava.
I don't suppose you could provide us with a link, could you?

KellyGHFan

ladyofthelake
Dec 31 2008, 07:13 PM
KellyGHFan
Dec 31 2008, 07:08 PM
Kenny
KellyGHFan

I don't suppose you could provide us with a link, could you?
It wasn't a spoiler or Rumor, someone just speculated Charlotte could be Ava. I will try and find the thread when the next time, I'm on the NBC board.

Emma Frost
Member Avatar

I personally can not wait until the Days of Our Nicole ends. She is everywhere and beloved by all. I know she is ruining the show for me (and several of my friends).

Plus, if and when it does end maybe some of the EJami/EJ/Sami haters can slow down on their Ari/Nicole love and worship. My God you would think this woman was the best actress who ever lived and who ever will live. She can do no wrong and can make no mistakes for some. It is quite coincidental that I never read or heard the amount of Ari/Nicole love until she got together with EJ, which in turn has separated EJ and Sami. Yes, quite coincidental.
Edited by Emma Frost, Dec 31 2008, 07:26 PM.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Emma Frost
Dec 31 2008, 07:25 PM
I personally can not wait until the Days of Our Nicole ends. She is everywhere and beloved by all. I know she is ruining the show for me (and several of my friends).

Plus, if and when it does end maybe some of the EJami/EJ/Sami haters can slow down on their Ari/Nicole love and worship. My God you would think this woman was the best actress who ever lived and who ever will live. She can do no wrong and can make no mistakes for some. It is quite coincidental that I never read or heard the amount of Ari/Nicole love until she got together with EJ, which in turn has separated EJ and Sami. Yes, quite coincidental.
I detect a note of venom in your post here. Actually, a whole symphony of venom.

I know quite a few posters on this particular board, as well as others, who didn't give to flying flips about EJami and still enjoy Nicole. As a matter of fact, I know of EJAMI fans who still enjoy Nicole and Arianne Zucker's acting. Shoot, I know of posters who don't LIKE Nicole, but admit Arianne's acting is good. Arianne took the time to take improv classes and improve her craft. Why are you so harsh about her getting kudos for something she's apparently improved on?

And again, the word "haters" is pretty harsh and a little, whiny? I know, again, of several people on boards who were tired of Sami before Arianne Zucker ever came back to the show. I cannot understand, when someone disagrees or criticizes a character, they automatically become "haters".

I really don't recall anyone saying Arianne nor Nicole was perfect. In fact, most people expect Nicole to not conquer EJ once the truth comes out. Why are you begrudging our enjoymet of Arianne's acting, even when a lot of people might not be enjoying the storyline in particular?

As far as Nicole separating EJ and Sami, hasn't the separation of EJ and Sami been off and on before Nicole, again, with Sami going back and forth between EJ and Lucas? You are blaming a fictional character for something the writers are doing?

:shrug: I must be missing something somewhere.

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

Emma Frost
Dec 31 2008, 07:25 PM

Actually, I would say that I've never previously seen the amount of anti-Ari/Nicole venom that I've seen ever since EJole started. That's the "coincidence" I've been noticing.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Learn More · Register Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply