Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Dawson's Creek
Topic Started: Dec 31 2008, 12:16 AM (2,341 Views)
KellyGHFan

Dawson's Creek was my favorite show until One Tree Hill came LOL. Jen was my favorite and i had a huge crush on Michelle Williams. Dawson's Creek was really the first of its kind of teen drama's without D.C, there would not be no Gossip Girl or One Tree Hill. Even though One Tree Hill is better written but Dawson's Creek was still a great show even though most of the time, it was poorly written.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owPnQfVWwwQ
Edited by KellyGHFan, Dec 31 2008, 12:16 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Daytime
Member Avatar

I loved Dawson's Creek, but I hated that Joey ended up with Pacey. Then they had the nerve to kill Jen on the last episode. The finale was a total let down for me.

DolceDiMera
Member Avatar

Daytime
Dec 31 2008, 06:46 PM
I loved Dawson's Creek, but I hated that Joey ended up with Pacey. Then they had the nerve to kill Jen on the last episode. The finale was a total let down for me.
I hated Jen's death, too. I loved Jen, she was my favorite character.
I was a Jacey fan but I was surprised that they didn't conclude the show with Dawson and Joey as the endgame couple. It made more sense for the title character/protagonist to end up with his dream girl. I'm glad, though, that they didn't go the predicatble route.

Daytime
Member Avatar

DolceDiMera
Dec 31 2008, 08:15 PM
Daytime
Dec 31 2008, 06:46 PM
I hated Jen's death, too. I loved Jen, she was my favorite character.
I was a Jacey fan but I was surprised that they didn't conclude the show with Dawson and Joey as the endgame couple. It made more sense for the title character/protagonist to end up with his dream girl. I'm glad, though, that they didn't go the predicatble route.
Jen was my favorite too, Joey never did anything wrong, she was a goody too shoes. I didn't like Jacey though. But I had a feeling that Joey would become between Pacey and Dawson. You would have thought that since the show was called Dawson's Creek that he would get the girl, but he didn't end up with anybody.

BTW, It's funny though the star of that show haven't been in much since Dawson's Creek and the others have gone on to do other things.

buffyloverlori

I never really liked Dawson very much. And I loved both pacey and joey and I was so happy they got together. But I loved Jen and it was so sad that she died. I cryed so much.

Scott
Member Avatar

I couldn't stand Dawson!!!! he seems soooo whiny to me. Pacey and Jen were definitely my two favorites because they had real human flaws. Jack was a great character too. I loved his transformations through the series from the innocent little kid, to the open and proud gay kid, to the struggling college student to the comfortable happy gay man. Jack was by far my favorite character on the show.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Eh, this show never did much for me. I think the character of Jen ruined it, LoL.

This is one of the few scenes from the entire series that I actually remember... mainly for the song, which I love. ;)

Zoe_Zeppelin
Member Avatar
It had been a wonderful evening and what I needed now, to give it the perfect ending, was a little of the Ludwig Van.

I miss this show. It's never on TV anymore.

Zoe_Zeppelin
Member Avatar
It had been a wonderful evening and what I needed now, to give it the perfect ending, was a little of the Ludwig Van.

Just found out that they are releasing the complete series on a 24 DVD set.
127 episodes on 24 disks.

Posted Image

Posted Image

http://www.sonypictures.com/tv/shows/dawson/

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002MJV75O/ref=nosim/?tag=sonypicturese-20

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

Pacey and Joey,I LOVED them.

Crazygirl
Member Avatar

I absolutely loved Pacey and Joey! I hated Dawson and am so glad that Joey didn't get stuck with him in the end!

Zoe_Zeppelin
Member Avatar

Sorry. I just have to post this link here. I never knew Van Der Beek was so funny.
http://www.jamesvandermemes.com/

Posted Image

Keisha
Member Avatar
♥ Sabrina & Patrick ♥

I totally love Dawson & Joey, and I hate they kill Jen

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

Daytime
Jan 1 2009, 10:15 AM
You would have thought that since the show was called Dawson's Creek that he would get the girl, but he didn't end up with anybody.

BTW, It's funny though the star of that show haven't been in much since Dawson's Creek and the others have gone on to do other things.
Actually, I loved that. I mean, first of all, did anyone actually like Dawson as a character? Second, he ended up with his one true love, which was filmmaking, he got Spielberg for crying out loud! That was always his true love. Joey was his soulmate, but not his true love. And Pacey was Joey's true love.

That said, Kevin Williamson did admit that Dawson and Joey were supposed to end up together, but when he re-watched some of the series, he had to admit that Pacey and Joey were meant to be. He was a Dawson/Joey shipper, he wrote the finale with very specific plans and had to change it because of what had actually happened, which was that PJo was the surprise gem.

Sorry for bringing this thread up again, I'm just finishing watching the last four episodes. I've never watched it all together before, and if possible I loved PJo even more this time around.
Edited by The Room Stops, Apr 2 2013, 12:12 PM.

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

When Pacey laid his first kiss on Joey,awesome,I still love that moment.

Crazygirl
Member Avatar

I absolutely adored Joey and Pacey. I was so happy they ended up together.

Aliaron
Member Avatar

I loved Pacey and Joey. But I have to admit Pacey's best relationship was with Andie. She accepted him and made him a better man. And she improved his relationship with his father. Pacey was always less than with Joey.

Oak Alley
Member Avatar

Never cared for this show. I only watched it if I was visiting a friend, and that friend watched it. I started watching regular when Oliver Hudson, Busy Phillips, Jensen Ackles & Greg Rikaart would appear.

Edge1978
Member Avatar

Aliaron
Apr 4 2013, 02:11 AM
I have to admit Pacey's best relationship was with Andie. She accepted him and made him a better man. And she improved his relationship with his father. Pacey was always less than with Joey.
I never got into Joey & Pacey. I really didn't. IMHO Pacey and Andie BELONGED together until Paul Stupin ruined that relationship. Kevin had said he didn't like the way Andie was written post S3. And I 100% agree.

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

Edge1978
Apr 8 2013, 02:17 PM
Aliaron
Apr 4 2013, 02:11 AM
I have to admit Pacey's best relationship was with Andie. She accepted him and made him a better man. And she improved his relationship with his father. Pacey was always less than with Joey.
I never got into Joey & Pacey. I really didn't. IMHO Pacey and Andie BELONGED together until Paul Stupin ruined that relationship. Kevin had said he didn't like the way Andie was written post S3. And I 100% agree.
I never liked Andie. Much prefered Pacey with Tamara to Andie. That was the relationship that IMO began his journey towards becoming the man that Joey ended up with.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Retro TV Talk · Next Topic »
Add Reply