Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOW: Chloe Spends her Engagement Party with Daniel; Jan 13th issue; Article Summary.
Topic Started: Dec 31 2008, 11:49 AM (4,189 Views)
Kenny
Member Avatar

Ellie
Jan 1 2009, 10:06 PM
^^ ITA, Mason. I think she's the worst actress on the show (with GG as the worst actor). She just delivers all her lines in a monotone, and her expression never changes. I sometimes laugh at her scenes, like when she's supposed to be surprised and then sad, and she says her lines the exact same way for both.
It's weird, because Nadia looks so exotic and vivacious. When she speaks, you expect to hear a boisterous, sexy voice with an italian accent or something, and instead we get.... :blah: :blah: :blah:
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Ellie

Paxton
Jan 1 2009, 10:18 PM
No, they haven't given her any plausible direction or motivation for months and months. They obviously shifted direction when MM and BB got fired, and then they changed direction again from when it looked like they were going to revisit Phloe as of the plane crash. Somebody wanted Philip/Morgan, and once that was decided they didn't seem to know what to do with Chloe. It was insulting and disgusting, IMO, and totally out of character to have her screw Lucas, who she barely knew and with whom there was almost literally no buildup. Not to mention when they did the FWB thing with Philip, a new viewer (are there any of those anyway?) would have had no idea they were once in love; not a single flashback. It was just an excuse to get a hot couple naked. Lucloe never should have happened but once it did, they should have been broken up immediately. Their engagement is one of the most WTF? things of 2008 for me. And now this Dr. Dan thing?
Excellent points, and that is SUCH a good point about the flashbacks. I think that really proves what we're saying, that they've decided to completely ignore who Chloe is. The engagement makes no sense to me at all either, especially that it's so rushed. They'll probably just pair her up with someone else after Dr. Dan is finished. I wonder if some higher-up wanted to keep Nadia around because she's pretty, so this writing is Dena's way of immaturely sticking it to whoever made that decision.

Quote:

I know you and a lot of people like neither the character nor Nadia, but I do, and I think if written properly she's a sympathetic, likeable character. I don't think Nadia's a great actress by any means but IMO most soap actors aren't that good, and I like her and I'd rather watch her than, say, Molly Burnett. But the way things are now, I expect and even hope that she's gone with Shawn Christian, assuming he doesn't renew his contract, which I can't imagine he will. If she's just going to be treated as a sex doll I'd rather she was gone. Like I say, it's not the idea of her suddenly being a slut that's so appalling to me, in that perhaps there's a motivation for it--but what? She's not even two-dimensional at this point.
That's fine, I know we disagree on her acting. ITA with the rest of this. Chloe is now completely one-dimensional, and like you're saying, even if they're making her the local slut, the writing is not even exploring that angle. I agree, I really wish they'd get rid of her. (Unfortunately though, knowing Dena, they'd probably just move another actress into that 'love scene only' role.) I think Chloe is really a symbol of how shallow and dirty the show has become overall.

Ellie

Kenny
Jan 1 2009, 10:26 PM
Ellie
^^ ITA, Mason. I think she's the worst actress on the show (with GG as the worst actor). She just delivers all her lines in a monotone, and her expression never changes. I sometimes laugh at her scenes, like when she's supposed to be surprised and then sad, and she says her lines the exact same way for both.
It's weird, because Nadia looks so exotic and vivacious. When she speaks, you expect to hear a boisterous, sexy voice with an italian accent or something, and instead we get.... :blah: :blah: :blah:
LOL! The best line was from the serialdrama blog, who wondered how someone with such a gorgeous singing voice could speak in such a grating, flat monotone. It really is puzzling.

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

Ellie
Jan 1 2009, 10:33 PM
I agree, I really wish they'd get rid of her.
LOL . . . this is another one of Dena's very special gifts . . . making non-fans AND fans want a character gone! :P Seeing what she's doing with Philip has made me want JKJ gone too.

Ellie

Paxton
Jan 1 2009, 10:48 PM
Ellie
LOL . . . this is another one of Dena's very special gifts . . . making non-fans AND fans want a character gone! :P Seeing what she's doing with Philip has made me want JKJ gone too.
ROFL! She really is gifted in that way. :tounge: Another of her gifts is uniting most viewers in their hatred for her. By the time she's done destroying this show, she'll have one huge 'fanbase' wanting her out. Hey, it worked on OLTL! Keep it up, Dena!

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

Ellie
Jan 1 2009, 10:51 PM
Paxton
Jan 1 2009, 10:48 PM
Ellie
ROFL! She really is gifted in that way. :tounge: Another of her gifts is uniting most viewers in their hatred for her. By the time she's done destroying this show, she'll have one huge 'fanbase' wanting her out. Hey, it worked on OLTL! Keep it up, Dena!
I think her strongest talent is angering every single fanbase, either by ignoring the couple or if they get screen time, they're in a triangle or otherwise not permitted to be happy. It takes a certain kind of genuis to leave everyone who might have any investment in any couple miserable. And if you're happy now . . . you won't be for long.

peaches179

Kenny
Dec 31 2008, 03:34 PM
Daniel and Chloe are yet another couple that's made of all beauty and no depth. There's nothing there between them -- nothing, nada, zip, zilch! He has a penis, she has a vagina, and they're both horny sluts. That's the only common ground they share. Aside from that, there's no chemistry or anything.

I miss the days when the couples on this show actually meant something.

ICAM.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Ellie
And that totally surprises me, because she's a glorious singer. And a singer HAS to emote facially as well as with her voice, especially with songs in foreign languages. It's basic Singing 101 from high school. And, she can do that while singing. But, you know, I've noticed that with other singers who also act.Not all of them, but many of them. Some people can just express themselves better musically because of the meter and the emotion of melody.
Although (and I know it's an unpopular opinion), I felt her acting had a little bit more variety once she was acting opposite Bryan Datillo. I know some call it acting levels being even, but I just think maybe both of them were happy for the change and the break out of the mold? But now, she's breaking out of the mold and they're trying to wedge her into another mold that apparently hurts.

Edited to say: Dang, I did it again! I posted before I realized you discussed her singing.
Edited by ladyofthelake, Jan 2 2009, 09:25 AM.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Paxton
Jan 1 2009, 10:24 PM
KellyGHFan
Jan 1 2009, 10:21 PM
^^Then I will never watch Days again cause Molly Burnett is The ONLY reason I am watching Days of our lives.
What? I was talking about Nadia being gone if Shawn Christian doesn't renew, not Molly.
Uh, Paxton, ;) ;)

allane_90
Member Avatar

thanks

Eric83
Member Avatar
"Relax nobody's having sex.... at least not yet"

I'm sick and tired of Dan/Chloe they've been doing nothing but staring at each other for weeks, and THAT'S IT! We keep getting the same damn flashbacks of her slamming his finger in the door, and when he saw her half naked at the cabin. It is so :sleep: I remember when Chloe actually had a brain and say intelligent things....well sorta. But now she's a whore that has done nothing but think about who to screw next, after Daniel she'll probably move on to Max or something. Who knows I hate Dena Hackley she's ruined characters that I used to love. She has fucked DAYS up, I hope Ken Corday is happy that he's letting this dumb ass hack ruin his parent's creation. God, I hate her with a passion. I'm about to go on YOUTUBE, and look at old clips when DAYS was DAYS. It's went from Days of our Lives, to Sex Partners of Our Lives. :frustration:

Mason
Member Avatar

ga68153
Jan 2 2009, 04:01 PM
I hate Dena Hackley she's ruined characters that I used to love. She has fucked DAYS up, I hope Ken Corday is happy that he's letting this dumb ass hack ruin his parent's creation.
There's definitely one part of Corday's physical anatomy that's happy with Higley's work...if ya know what I mean. ;)

ges
Member Avatar

In the warped mind of Bitchley this IS riveting drama. Two people who fall in lust and can't keep their paws off of each other. But I have a theory. I think Daniel is lusting after her appendix or gall bladder. Can fava beans be far behind? As for Lucas always being the putz that gets cheated on, this is getting old. However ...he falls in and out of love unbruised because basically he is one of the dumbest people in Salem. I just hate to see his scowl come back. And I can't believe he is going to kick Daniel's ass for the wrong reason. As usual, he is clueless. :puke:

Karnythia
Member Avatar

I don't think NB is as bad as she's coming off lately in the acting department. It feels like she just gave up after a certain point and so she's not trying any more.

kelligapeach

All I hear from Chloe is :blah: or a Oooh or an Ahhh which she will be flat on her back in another day or two with Daniel (again)! So much for her saying she loves Lucas, NOT or you wouldn't keep cheating!
I just hate this pairing and what Days is doing! This is just a lustfest and nothing more. They have zero chemistry. I loved Daniel with Chelsea, hot- amazing kisses..none of this panting and akward kissing
Geez, I've been a Days fan for 20 years and just when I didn't think things could get worse this month, gosh they do. :frustration:

SpriteEyes
Member Avatar

Paxton
Dec 31 2008, 12:01 PM
He . . . slams her against the door? LOL. Shades of him shoving Chelsea into a locker.
I guess there wasn't an office desk nearby.

Those two have got it BAD for one another. I like it.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply