Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOW: A Closer Look: Lexie; Jan 13th issue; Article Summary.
Topic Started: Dec 31 2008, 12:00 PM (1,193 Views)
Ellie

SOW interviews Renee Jones in this week's issue.

Jones tells SOW that Bo has not told Lexie about his visions that Theo will be in danger. Theo's therapist tells Lexie that Theo needs cheering up, and then Stefano calls and says he has a gift for Theo, so Lexie brings Theo to the mansion.

Lexie and Stefano start arguing, and Theo wanders off. Lexie finally notices he's missing and finds him on the stairs. Theo slips and falls and then lies motionless. Lexie blames herself and then blames Stefano, because she thinks Theo wandered off because he sensed the tension between Stefano and Lexie.

Stefano calls 911 and they tell him that an ambulance is already on the way. Stefano wonders about that and tells Lexie, but she's not paying attention.

Bo, who made the call to 911 because he had a vision, comes with Hope to the mansion. Lexie asks Bo how he knew to come, but he avoids the question.

Theo needs surgery to relieve pressure on his brain, and Lexie stays strong and goes into "doctor mode". But then later she breaks down and again blames Stefano.

Theo's surgery is a success, and Lexie asks Abe if he can forgive her. He tells her "that there is nothing to forgive, that she's a wonderful mother." Even after the surgery, Lexie does not know about Bo's visions.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

aimees76
Member Avatar

Ok .. so, am I the only one who wonders what the point of watching this s/l is? Since we already now know the beginning, middle, and end? I mean, what kind of teaser/spoiler article is this? They give away the whole thing ... and I really doubt I would have cared much to begin with anyway.

Thanks for posting Ellie ... sorry to be a complainer, I just really don't care about anything with Lexie and Abe at all. Blah.

cjknick
Member Avatar

Thanks Ellie for posting ....

I'm with you Aimees I don't think this s/l interest me too much!

mbdimera
Member Avatar

Thanks for posting Ellie.

How is it Stefano's fault that Lexie can't keep an eye on her kid?

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

aimees76
Dec 31 2008, 12:10 PM
Ok .. so, am I the only one who wonders what the point of watching this s/l is? Since we already now know the beginning, middle, and end? I mean, what kind of teaser/spoiler article is this? They give away the whole thing ... and I really doubt I would have cared much to begin with anyway.

Thanks for posting Ellie ... sorry to be a complainer, I just really don't care about anything with Lexie and Abe at all. Blah.
I'm not sure they're giving away the whole story, since the article makes clear that Lexie doesn't know about Bo's visions. I don't know if that will continue to have future relevance or not, but apparently Bo doesn't want Lexie to know how he knew.

aimees76
Member Avatar

Paxton
Dec 31 2008, 12:16 PM
aimees76

I'm not sure they're giving away the whole story, since the article makes clear that Lexie doesn't know about Bo's visions. I don't know if that will continue to have future relevance or not, but apparently Bo doesn't want Lexie to know how he knew.
Well, thats true .. but still, it just sort of seems like, "this happens, then this happens, then that happens, then everything is a-ok ... but Bo doesn't tell Lexie about his vision." Like, huh? I guess I don't see the potential for any real impact from that detail being kept from her. :shrug: So?

Oh well .. I really have never had any interest in any Lexie story anyway.

Ellie

aimees76
LOL, complain away!! Just because I post these doesn't mean I like them, BELIEVE ME. ITA with all of you about this story - it seems so boring and pointless. I was waiting for some big surprise at the end of the article, but there wasn't one.

aimees76
Member Avatar

Ellie
Dec 31 2008, 12:25 PM
aimees76
LOL, complain away!! Just because I post these doesn't mean I like them, BELIEVE ME. ITA with all of you about this story - it seems so boring and pointless. I was waiting for some big surprise at the end of the article, but there wasn't one.
Ok, good, lol. :wave:

Yeah, exactly!

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

I think they just want to get Stefano (the Dimeras) involved in this early to either show that he has no knowledge of Bo's visions (and it's therefore not a chip in his brain from the Dimeras). Whether they stick to it or not is anyone's guess, because they can also throw this in and then call it a "twist" when they reveal that it's all another stupid Dimera game.

So it doesn't matter if everything is obvious ahead of time, 'cause none of this fake drama with Theo matters. Unless the surgery cures autism.

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

YAY! At least Lexie can stop screaming at everyone because her son has more of a connection to other people then her!
This SL was/is so pointless!
And Lexie stop yelling at Steffie- you complain to him about your life and you want STEFANO to just sit back and do nothing to "help" you? Do you not know who your daddy is????
Liz

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

I hate the way they spoil EVERYTHING. Seriously, they should've kept the result of Theo's surgery a secret.

I like the Lexie/Stefano aspect of this and glad they are playing it. My problem is I feel like they are using Lexie now as supporting Bo's story and I really hope they do more then that with her. I want to see them pick more up on Abe's mayor story and also with Lexie becoming more involved with Stefano. I hope they play that as well and can see them building that out of this week's material.

This sounds good, though as far as this week goes. My concerns are more to do with the future though. I'm still not sure on this Bo story yet either. I like it and don't like it and it's not on enough for me to gauge it, to be honest.
Edited by PhoenixRising05, Dec 31 2008, 01:55 PM.

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

I agree w/the whole Abe as Mayor SL. It seems like it was an instant that he left SalemPD, talked about being the Mayor and POOF he's the Mayor?
There should be more of a background to this- maybe some "people from the community" coming in and making it hard for him. He's the mayor and so????? This SL is just lazy non-planning and it shows!
Bo's story is lame, stupid and pointless....another lazy writing attempt. Maybe they should make up a SL where Abe/Lexie and Bo/Hope are on opposite ends - tension, disagreement.
Bo is the chief and Abe the mayor...there's bound to be conflict in those two high powered jobs! Maybe Lexie can be pressured to be a little of the "bad" Lexie of old?
Liz

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I like the sound of the scenes at the mansion. I'm all for Stefano/Lexie/Theo scenes for sure. I get a feeling that Theo's going to have this brain surgery and when he wakes up, he's not going to be as difficult as he was due to his autism. Leave it to DAYS to cure autism.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

^Perhaps, Drew. I can't see them curing it but I can see them making Theo a little less difficult. if that happens, maybe Dena will get pissed and walk again LOL. I can't imagine she would be happy with that.

If that happens, though, I wish they would just say they misdiagnosed him. That would be a cop out and may not make alot of sense but I would prefer it over actually curing it because I would find that a bit too hard to swallow.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

I'm looking forward to this, mostly because I love Stefano and Lexie together.

Ellie

PhoenixRising05
Dec 31 2008, 03:01 PM
^Perhaps, Drew. I can't see them curing it but I can see them making Theo a little less difficult. if that happens, maybe Dena will get pissed and walk again LOL. I can't imagine she would be happy with that.

If that happens, though, I wish they would just say they misdiagnosed him. That would be a cop out and may not make alot of sense but I would prefer it over actually curing it because I would find that a bit too hard to swallow.
Wait, wait, wait... lol, didn't I write a whole post in the other thread about misdiagnosis or curing him, and you said it's not going to happen and that we were misinterpreting the story? (Or was I misunderstanding your post? Seriously.)

Either way, I stand by what I said, and if they do any of those (write it off as a misdiagnosis, or "miracle cure", or even make his behavior change), I think it's terrible writing and a slap in the face to any parents of autistic kids who may be watching.

And if Dena wants to walk out - FINE WITH ME! :cheer:

hoochielicious
Member Avatar
Queen Hoochie

mbdimera
Dec 31 2008, 12:13 PM
Thanks for posting Ellie.

How is it Stefano's fault that Lexie can't keep an eye on her kid?
Lexie loses Theo at least once a month.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Ellie
Dec 31 2008, 03:06 PM
PhoenixRising05
Dec 31 2008, 03:01 PM

Wait, wait, wait... lol, didn't I write a whole post in the other thread about misdiagnosis or curing him, and you said it's not going to happen and that we were misinterpreting the story? (Or was I misunderstanding your post? Seriously.)

Either way, I stand by what I said, and if they do any of those (write it off as a misdiagnosis, or "miracle cure", or even make his behavior change), I think it's terrible writing and a slap in the face to any parents of autistic kids who may be watching.

And if Dena wants to walk out - FINE WITH ME! :cheer:
Yes you did but the post in that thread was me clarifying what was happening. Someone speculated that they were curing Theo's autism via the surgery and I posted saying that wasn't the purpose behind the surgery and that it was because of Theo's fall.

I doubt they will cure it. I was just saying IF they did, I would prefer he just never had it at all. Either way, it's a slap in the face but I can tolerate it more. I do think it's possible that he will be less difficult. I can understand and see that but I don't expect more then that. I doubt Days will want to undo a story that NBC came to them with in the first place.

Ellie

PhoenixRising05
Dec 31 2008, 03:30 PM
Yes you did but the post in that thread was me clarifying what was happening. Someone speculated that they were curing Theo's autism via the surgery and I posted saying that wasn't the purpose behind the surgery and that it was because of Theo's fall.
Got it. Thanks for clarifying.

Quote:

I doubt they will cure it. I was just saying IF they did, I would prefer he just never had it at all. Either way, it's a slap in the face but I can tolerate it more. I do think it's possible that he will be less difficult. I can understand and see that but I don't expect more then that. I doubt Days will want to undo a story that NBC came to them with in the first place.
I agree, though I think even if he's less difficult, that's still a slap in the face.

I guess my issue with all of this is that NBC/Days tried to "legitimize" the story by having the support of a national autism organization. Because of that, I think Days has a responsibility to tell this story with a much greater degree of accuracy and realism than their other stories. In contrast, sadly almost no one with advanced cancer can have as quick a recovery as Kate did and look almost perfect a week later, but even though I find it extremely offensive that they wrote it like that, I'm chalking it up to typical "Salem medicine" that can't be found anywhere else in the world. But here, with Theo's story, I think they shouldn't be able to fall back on those types of 'outs' they use with their other stories.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Ellie
Dec 31 2008, 03:38 PM
PhoenixRising05
Dec 31 2008, 03:30 PM
Got it. Thanks for clarifying.

Quote:

I agree, though I think even if he's less difficult, that's still a slap in the face.

I guess my issue with all of this is that NBC/Days tried to "legitimize" the story by having the support of a national autism organization. Because of that, I think Days has a responsibility to tell this story with a much greater degree of accuracy and realism than their other stories. In contrast, sadly almost no one with advanced cancer can have as quick a recovery as Kate did and look almost perfect a week later, but even though I find it extremely offensive that they wrote it like that, I'm chalking it up to typical "Salem medicine" that can't be found anywhere else in the world. But here, with Theo's story, I think they shouldn't be able to fall back on those types of 'outs' they use with their other stories.
Couldn't agree more.

However, I can see how Theo may be a bit different after this. I'm not a doctor and, despite having a cousin with autism, I'm not familiar on the specifics so I apologize if I'm wrong but it is related to the brain so maybe this surgery will help him a bit. I mean, it makes sense, Providing he's not completely or mostly cured, I can live with it.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply