Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD: Chelsea and Max, Take Two; Jan 13th issue; Article Summary.
Topic Started: Dec 31 2008, 12:20 PM (1,940 Views)
Ellie

SOD has a short interview with Rachel Melvin about Max and Chelsea in this week's issue.

Melvin says that Chelsea isn't interested in Daniel again after his breakup with Kate. Chelsea thinks that "Daniel did something to break Kate's heart" because of what Daniel did to Chelsea. Chelsea doesn't trust Daniel anymore, and she's "starting to think he's a player."

Max invites Chelsea to go to Chloe and Lucas' engagement party as his date, but Chelsea decides to go by herself because as SOD says, "she doesn't think he's serious". Melvin says that Max is a "curiosity" that Chelsea "wants to explore", but she's reluctant because of his feelings for Stephanie. Chelsea doesn't know if she likes Max "just because he's there", or "because it's him". Chelsea is also nervous since she and Max were in a relationship once before which didn't work out. But then Melvin says that this would also be a chance for Chelsea to "make things right", and Max is the only person who Chelsea has dated in the past four years who hasn't hurt her - "she hurt him."

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

Ellie
Dec 31 2008, 12:20 PM
Max is the only person who Chelsea has dated in the past four years who hasn't hurt her - "she hurt him."

I . . . there are no words.

aimees76
Member Avatar

Umm ... yeah ... ok.

Damn it, why couldn't they just let Max and Chelsea be friends and each others like wing men or something .. bring new people (they aren't related to) to Salem for them to date and talk to each other about ... kind of like how Nick and Abby were good buddies back in the day. I really enjoy RM and DB in scenes together, they have awesome friend chemistry, but romantic? Gah! No!

jules

All of these storylines are awful. Thanks again Ellie.

cjknick
Member Avatar

Thanks for posting Ellie ....

It just seems like Max and Chelsea are each other's back-ups! When all else fails kick in the back-ups!

Nicole Walker

Chelsea is right about Daniel! He is definetly a player. Chloe will regret having anything to do with him.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Ellie
SOD has a short interview with Rachel Melvin about Max and Chelsea in this week's issue.

Melvin says that Chelsea isn't interested in Daniel again after his breakup with Kate. Chelsea thinks that "Daniel did something to break Kate's heart" because of what Daniel did to Chelsea. Chelsea doesn't trust Daniel anymore, and she's "starting to think he's a player."

Max invites Chelsea to go to Chloe and Lucas' engagement party as his date, but Chelsea decides to go by herself because as SOD says, "she doesn't think he's serious". Melvin says that Max is a "curiosity" that Chelsea "wants to explore", but she's reluctant because of his feelings for Stephanie. Chelsea doesn't know if she likes Max "just because he's there", or "because it's him". Chelsea is also nervous since she and Max were in a relationship once before which didn't work out. But then Melvin says that this would also be a chance for Chelsea to "make things right", and Max is the only person who Chelsea has dated in the past four years who hasn't hurt her - "she hurt him."

"He's a player', Chelsea? YA THINK?????????????? :D

FanODays

I have a theory that the whole Trent storyline was to distance Max from his adopted family in order to downplay the ick factor of Max boinging his neices.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

FanODays
Dec 31 2008, 01:17 PM
I have a theory that the whole Trent storyline was to distance Max from his adopted family in order to downplay the ick factor of Max boinging his neices.
I think that was definitely part of it for sure.

In regards to this, I'm happy Rachel nixed any idea of Chan redux. I know some looked at the spoilers and thought they saw hints of her going after him after he and Kate broke up. She seems over that pairing, finally, although I think it's more because she doesn't see the show going back to it so she has to move on rather then it being about what the fans want and her reflecting that. However, while I agree with most of her points, particularly how Chelsea hurt Max, I hate how she makes it sound like Daniel did what he did to Kate because of her. That kind of came off like Daniel's whole world revolving around Chelsea still and, while I think she is past it, I think deep down she still wants that Chan pairing.

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

I do think Max and Chelsea have chemistry but dont know whether its as friends or something else.
I didnt like Chelsea w/Daniel....they have ZERO chemistry! I saw nothing in that pairing to keep them together. And he's a player!!
Liz

FanODays

PhoenixRising05
Dec 31 2008, 01:48 PM
FanODays

In regards to this, I'm happy Rachel nixed any idea of Chan redux. I know some looked at the spoilers and thought they saw hints of her going after him after he and Kate broke up. She seems over that pairing, finally, although I think it's more because she doesn't see the show going back to it so she has to move on rather then it being about what the fans want and her reflecting that. However, while I agree with most of her points, particularly how Chelsea hurt Max, I hate how she makes it sound like Daniel did what he did to Kate because of her. That kind of came off like Daniel's whole world revolving around Chelsea still and, while I think she is past it, I think deep down she still wants that Chan pairing.
I can see why Racheal would prefer the Chan pairing over the Chax one. It could be that she is as turned off by Max and his neices as the viewers are and that Chan had more potential to be a more popular pairing because they didn't have the whole family thing going on.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

She needs Jeremy!

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

FanODays
Dec 31 2008, 02:00 PM
PhoenixRising05
Dec 31 2008, 01:48 PM
FanODays

I can see why Racheal would prefer the Chan pairing over the Chax one. It could be that she is as turned off by Max and his neices as the viewers are and that Chan had more potential to be a more popular pairing because they didn't have the whole family thing going on.
Could be. I tend to think it has more to do with her thinking SC is hot and she thinks there is more story potential there then it does anything else. My problem is that I still think she doesn't realize that Chan didn't work out for a reason.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

ladyofthelake
Dec 31 2008, 02:02 PM
She needs Jeremy!
I like that idea.

They just need to find the right actor and that could be very good.

lene
Member Avatar

AWESOME!
I love Max and Chelsea. :rockon:

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

FanODays
Yep, I think so too. It isn't working though (for me anyway). Either get rid of the Max character or bring someone else on that isn't a relative of his to pair him with.

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

Angie79
Dec 31 2008, 03:07 PM
FanODays
Yep, I think so too. It isn't working though (for me anyway). Either get rid of the Max character or bring someone else on that isn't a relative of his to pair him with.
I agree. I vote for getting rid of Max altogether. Why should the show keep hiring people, especially in these budget-cutting times, simply because Max has no viable love interest he isn't related to? Is he that important to the show? I wouldn't even notice if he was gone, except that I would probably FF less.

KellyGHFan

why don't bring back Nicole's sister Taylor for Max. If Corday loves Max so much, bring in someone WHO HE IS NOT RELATED TOO.

Reveal Melanie as Nicole's daughter and have Max date Melanie's mother's sister Taylor.

Taylor can't be that old, shouldn't she be the same age as Max anyway. Cast the role, have the actress screentest with Darin Brooks to get the chemistry.

It's not that hard to cast a new love interest for Max. Bring back Nicole's sister Taylor for Max. Why does Corday feel a need to have Max go back to his niece Chelsea.
Edited by KellyGHFan, Dec 31 2008, 03:15 PM.

hoochielicious
Member Avatar
Queen Hoochie

Ellie

:puke:
Why can't Max stay away from his nieces. ewwwww

Thanks for posting.

zyona

Paxton
Dec 31 2008, 12:28 PM
Ellie
Max is the only person who Chelsea has dated in the past four years who hasn't hurt her - "she hurt him."

I . . . there are no words.
I have one word, UNCLE!!!!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply