Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Dallas (1978)
Topic Started: Jan 1 2009, 03:51 PM (4,653 Views)
leah09
Member Avatar

Dallas is one of my all-time favorite shows. I could watch the first 5-6 seasons over and over and over. When I start to lose interest is after Jock's Will is read. IMO, the show was never the same after his death. I didn't mind The Dream Season and I loved that Bobby was coming back, no matter how they worked it. But once it was known that Victoria Principal was leaving, it took all the air out of the following season. I did enjoy the J.R./Cally interaction in later seasons but I agree with Mason, most of the rest of it was terrible.

Oh, and no matter how much I tried to hate Jenna Wade (being a huge Bobby/Pam fan), I just couldn't hate Priscilla Presley's version. She was just so soft-spoken and lovely...damn her LOL! But it pissed me off that they totally rushed Bobby and Pam's reunion and then he was squashed by that nutty sister.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

leah09
Member Avatar

Oh yeah, "The Contest" (not to be confused with the great Seinfeld one LOL).
I began rewatching all the episodes the past few months and that's were my mind starts to wander...or maybe it's just too much Ray and Donna ;) OR Clayton and Ms Ellie??

I do see your point with Morgan Fairchild's version over Pricilla's. She was different and not sweet at all. They totally redid the character when they hired PP, which wasn't for the best IMO. They needed Jenna to be evilish. I guess I just took a liking to her because of the actress, I don't know if we were supposed to or not?? ...until she hooked up with Ray Krebbs, of course ZZzzzzzz.

btw, I totally skipped over the eps with the middle, unknown actress, Jenna...I'll have to go back and watch them one of these days.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Retro TV Talk · Next Topic »
Add Reply