Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member suffering succotash in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Dallas (1978)
Topic Started: Jan 1 2009, 03:51 PM (5,027 Views)
Casey
Member Avatar

Mason
Jun 6 2012, 09:49 PM
Re-watching the mini-series, I realize just how much I actually prefer the original (Box) ranch to the traditional iconic Southfork. It has a southern gothic vibe that I love, and it's almost plausible that these people would all live together here where the house has a more expansive "mansion-y" look as opposed to the comparatively tiny Duncan ranch.
It also made much more sense for each of the couples to have their own separate living spaces, rather than having them all live in the main house together.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Casey
Member Avatar

In my opinion, Dallas was its best from Season 1 (DVD, including mini-series) through Season 6 (DVD), particularly seasons 1-3. The show was at its best when it had well-written female characters who didn't just sit around and watch their husbands like they often did in later years. Pam would definitely fall into that group. Sue Ellen was also at her most damaged around season three and was one of the more interesting and complex characters on the canvas. Anyways, I stopped watching the show after Linda Gray left in the twelfth season. It didn't feel worth it anymore and the quality of the show had severely fallen by that point.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Retro TV Talk · Next Topic »
Add Reply