Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SON: Salem Says Goodbye to John and Marlena; A Look Forward
Topic Started: Jan 1 2009, 08:42 PM (1,882 Views)
Errol

Salem Says Goodbye to John and Marlena
Posted Image
Brian Lowe/JPI

(SoapOperaNetwork.com) -- After NBC slashed its budget and the show was forced to cut the fat, "Days of our Lives'" John and Marlena are set to ride off into the sunset.

[Read More]
Edited by Errol, Jan 1 2009, 08:57 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

jules

Thanks Errol :'( It will be a sad day for me.

Ellie

Thanks Errol. I don't doubt J&M will have to endure setback onscreen right up until their last show. With these writers, I wouldn't expect anything other than that. But the article says "With John's memories failing him, it is anyone's guess if all their happiness from the past will jog John's memory and bring a brighter future for the super-couple." Whatever the reason, we do know that at least John gets his memory back at the end and that J&M get married on their last show. (This was in last week's SOD and also mentioned after that in Deidre's video chat.)

jmfan91
Member Avatar

Thanks. Sad for me too. :(

Trollmite

Thanks Errol. I guess that wil be my last day too. I just think theey should have offered them a pay cut also instead of just firing them over the phone. It's my opinion that someone didn't want to write for them or actually didn't care to learn enough about their history to do it right. There is no way they would leave with Sami in WP and Brady just coming home. It's just disgusting. To me anyway. i realize everyone doesn't like them, but they were always doing tours and anything they could to help promote the show. They aren't even writing much of a story for them to leave. It's almost like they just want thm gone.(: I have watched since it first started and i have never seen it this bad. I do like other couples, but they were my favorite and i have endured enough of the shoddy,(or lack thereof) writing for them in the last couple years, so i will just check in once in a while to see how things are going.
I don't think i have ever posted on here before, so Hello To All and maybe i will be back til the 23rd.

JohnandMarlenaFreak
Member Avatar

:unsure: :(

Jiggs
Member Avatar

Thanks Errol. It might have been an easy decision for Corday to cut the most expensive, but that's not what other shows are doing. I don't think Corday has ever respected John and Marlena and their place on the show, and so that's why it was an easy decision. I will gladly never tune in to Days again after the 23rd of January.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

I love that picture of Drake and Dee.

hops
Member Avatar

Thanks for the link and the article. John and Marlena always were and always will be my favourite couple.

Ansku
Member Avatar

Thanks for the link. i will miss John and Marlena.

jules

Jiggs
Jan 2 2009, 02:06 AM
Thanks Errol. It might have been an easy decision for Corday to cut the most expensive, but that's not what other shows are doing. I don't think Corday has ever respected John and Marlena and their place on the show, and so that's why it was an easy decision. I will gladly never tune in to Days again after the 23rd of January.
I have to agree. And the ending J&M are getting and the amount of airtime they got at Christmas and NYE just proves how little he values them.

e83talus
Member Avatar

Thanks for the link.

Every spoiler and or article discussing their departure gets worse and worse.

I mean with comments like "J&M reunite with a setback" and "fighting for survival" things go from bad to worst. :drunk:

hops
Member Avatar

jules
Jan 2 2009, 08:02 AM
Jiggs
Jan 2 2009, 02:06 AM
I have to agree. And the ending J&M are getting and the amount of airtime they got at Christmas and NYE just proves how little he values them.
Couldn't agree more Jules. The message has been loud and clear.

doolcrazy
Member Avatar

As far as I am concerned Corday has cut his own throat with this hideous move. This is not how things are done but I guess for him it is as he is notorious for phone call your fired events. Corday and the writing has all but killed the show for me. My heart is just not in it any longer but I will continue to watch out of my love for the other veteran actors. I watch for them and deep in my heart hope that something can be done to save the show. I hope everyone that reads this SON article leaves a message there about their feelings. Thanks for the info and link. Here's to Corday and Dena :moon:

KellyGHFan

that is a gorgeous picture of Drake and Deidre. I feel for their fans, even though i never been a big drake/deidre fan

Beth
Member Avatar

If we want DOOL to stay on the air we should be targeting the companies that advertise on the show now. We should be writing to them and let them know we notice and they should continue to support the show. If you have a company that you think should advertise write to them too. If enough of us make it known that we want the show to stay we might have more of an effect than talking to NBC. All they care about is the bottom line. If they have advertising money they will keep the show.

Vandoodle
Member Avatar

Ansku
Jan 2 2009, 04:09 AM
i will miss John and Marlena.
So will I :frownie:

No more John and Marlena :frown:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply