Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS: They'd better play the baby reveal to the fullest!
Topic Started: Jan 2 2009, 03:43 AM (877 Views)
ginababe
BANNED

I am most concerned w/ how they will portray EJ and his feelings in this whole thing.. Both Nicole and Sami have been deceiving him for months. And this isn't just "oops I crashed the car!" this is two HUGE blows that is going to take EJ down quite a few pegs. And I want to see every note of EJ's fall played out. I don't want this to be wrapped up in a week or even months time. There is quite a bit of meat here if the writers do it right. I'm crossing my fingers that they DO do it right!! PLEASE I'm begging of you writers, don't throw this opportunity away!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

six
Member Avatar

Maybe it's just me being pessimistic, but I wouldn't get my hopes up. I think the initial reveal will be very good-the writers are on target with the big stuff, then it will fizzle out from there. Even now, there are spots where they are forcing the characters into molds that don't quite fit to move the story along. I'm most concerned with EJ's portion of the story too, but Sami's portion up to this point has been very weak, and I hope they fix that. I'm a big Sami fan, but am almost at the point of wishing she was off screen for witness protection. It makes no sense that she left town so early, and it's just not working.

I can see EJ feeling betrayed, angry, hurt etc. then the writers deciding it's time to pair him up, then glossing over several important scenes to make it fit. The way stayla steamrolled past the Ava stuff, because they needed to be a happy family for Joe's birth.

Love the banner btw. I thought it was going to be the one where they get their new scripts, but I've never seen this one before. Very funny.

cjknick
Member Avatar

James said that 2009 is not going to be a good year for EJ - I suspect he will turn dark fighting Sami for the children, fighting Nicole for his money and dignity back. He will have lost at love which may turn him completely to the darkside for awhile - I think the question will be who can save EJ from completely turning???? Perphaps another women is on the horizen for EJ!

mbdimera
Member Avatar

Awesome banner Gina. :laugh:

I hope they tell this story right too, but like others I'll keep my expectations realistic for this set of writers.

They seem to hurry up the plots they should drag out, and drag out the plots they should hurry up. They really have a tendency to miss the emotional beats of a story because they try and move things along too quickly. But that doesn't mean I need to see EJ brooding for an entire year.

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

It does make sense for Sami to be in WP w/the SL. If you mean why they put the WP SL so early if AS still had a long way from her maternity leave, then yes, its a little too much. It would have been nice to have some scenes in the beginning of Nicole's PG w/her and Sami arguing about Nicole's intentions towards EJ.
As for the whole SL, I'm biting my time to see if it does play out as it should (IMO.) If they wipe both characters' (Nicole and Sami) lies under the rug or chose one character over the other, then all this building up to the reveal would have been wasted. I just hope they dont get lazy w/the aftermath of the SL.
Liz

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

cjknick
Jan 2 2009, 12:11 PM
James said that 2009 is not going to be a good year for EJ - I suspect he will turn dark fighting Sami for the children, fighting Nicole for his money and dignity back. He will have lost at love which may turn him completely to the darkside for awhile - I think the question will be who can save EJ from completely turning???? Perphaps another women is on the horizen for EJ!
There's also the Stefano angle that needs to be played out. Tony has been hinting at the fact that "fatha" is trying to manipulate EJ.
EJ is surrounded by people he can't trust and how he maneuvers through that in 2009 will be the "fun." (Of course this is assuming that these writers can write this stuff?!)
Liz

six
Member Avatar

Liz<3Days
Jan 2 2009, 12:17 PM
It does make sense for Sami to be in WP w/the SL. If you mean why they put the WP SL so early if AS still had a long way from her maternity leave, then yes, its a little too much.
Yes, that's what I was saying. I understand that the main reason for the WP is because it was ridiculous that no one could tell Sami was pregnant (except a toddler), and that EJ needed to be kept in the dark about the ejami baby so Nicole could get to it. With the WP, It's the same stuff all the time, and the few times that there was danger, it was focused at the new guy. There's not enough material for months worth of this. They should have kept it off screen or limited the safe scenes to maybe once a week.

I agree that Stefano should play a role in this. For one, there's the problem that no one has asked Stefano to call off the hit man. Stefano had the one scene on the phone, complaining that the mayor was killed, and that was it. Lexie hates Sami, but doesn't she want Johnny to have his mom? Why hasn't she brought it up? She and Tony have also talked to EJ about Stefano's possible involvement, so why hasn't he at least entertained the idea? There's no way he should be this snowed by Stefano. Why haven't we had a scene where Stefano thinks to himself that it's best to let Sami get killed so he could control Johnny, or a scene where he tries to call off his henchmen? He doesn't seem to remember that he set this in motion, or care how it plays out. The fact that the writers haven't touched this doesn't leave me much hope for the rest of the story.
Edited by six, Jan 2 2009, 12:52 PM.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

cjknick
Melanie to the rescue! :D JUST KIDDING!!

ginababe
BANNED

ladyofthelake
Jan 2 2009, 01:07 PM
cjknick
that's not even funny, don't even joke about that! :headbang:

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

In all honesty, if they thought Chan was cool, and if there's this DiMera/Kirakis fight, there's gotta be a female in the middle. It'll either be Melanie or Stephanie. UNLESS Chloe and EJ hitch up..........

ginababe
BANNED

*sticks fingers in ears* LALALALALALA I can't hear you! LALALALALA

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

EJ and Stephanie...............EJ and Chelsea.............EJ and Lucas..............EJ and Brady!.........EJ and ROLF? EJ and Dr. Taylor..............

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

Yeah, that's scary...Melanie. I dont mind her in the Phil/Step pairing...but keep her away from EJ!

That whole Lexie/mayor SL is totally handled wrong. No one questioned her except EJ and it hasnt been brought up again?! I guess the writers only write one SL well....dont ask them to actually think beyond whats on screen....lazy writing!!!
Liz

ginababe
BANNED

That's just mean!! actually as long as it's not Melanie...
Edited by ginababe, Jan 2 2009, 01:24 PM.

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

ladyofthelake
Jan 2 2009, 01:21 PM
EJ and Stephanie...............EJ and Chelsea.............EJ and Lucas..............EJ and Brady!.........EJ and ROLF? EJ and Dr. Taylor..............
Hmmmm EJ and Brady!!!LOL

EJ and Dr. Taylor- hey maybe EJ thinks he needs help? This one can be ok for me!
Liz

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Liz<3Days
Jan 2 2009, 01:23 PM
ladyofthelake
Jan 2 2009, 01:21 PM
Hmmmm EJ and Brady!!!LOL

EJ and Dr. Taylor- hey maybe EJ thinks he needs help? This one can be ok for me!
Liz
Maybe they can bring someone back. Mimi? Belle and EJ (if they don't put her with Phillip?). MM and JS had a couple of scenes together when he first came on board. That would be interesting, IF John was still around. :huh:
But, could you imagine the smoke coming out of Victor's ears if EJ hooked up with Victor's granddaughter or one of Victor's ex-daughters-in-law?
They could always go back to EJ and Kate. They were pretty hot!

ginababe
BANNED

^^ Maybe not, maybe they should leave him single for a while, and have him reconnect w/ Sami. JMO.

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

I wrote something in another post about him being ALONE for most of 09!

I dont know why he has to go into another insta-romance? That's what people complain about- having characters get together w/out build up?

Maybe this is the year EJ re-examines his relationships and why he picks the women he picks. What does he REALLY want to be- EJ DiMERA and all that entails or EJ the knight? He also has to think about how much control does he want to give to his daddy. Maybe he can take over the business- maybe theres conflict there and EJ thinks he knows best and challenge his father there?

There's a lot of possibilities for EJ w/out him automatically jumping in the sack!
Liz

DolceDiMera
Member Avatar

ladyofthelake
Jan 2 2009, 01:25 PM
MM and JS had a couple of scenes together when he first came on board. That would be interesting, IF John was still around.
Belle and EJ are cousins.

KellyGHFan

ladyofthelake
Jan 2 2009, 01:07 PM
cjknick
That sounds good to me but i prefer her to come to Nicole's rescue then Ej's.:)

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply