Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
These 'Days,' Daniel's in danger & denial; NY Daily News article
Topic Started: Jan 2 2009, 08:11 PM (2,650 Views)
Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Soap Dish: These 'Days,' Daniel's in danger & denial
By CAROLYN HINSEY

Friday, January 2nd 2009, 4:00 AM

Daniel splits with Kate next week on "Days of Our Lives" and goes right for Chloe - who is engaged to Kate's son, Lucas.

"It's something he just can't seem to control," says Shawn Christian, who plays the devilish doctor. "He had her in his arms at midnight on New Year's and a phone call stopped them. Either that or a twitch of morality."

There's not much "morality" at the engagement party Kate throws for Lucas and Chloe later in the week.

"Lucas decks Daniel at the party because he thinks Daniel dumped Kate," says Christian. "Daniel probably deserves it on many levels, but it's actually Kate who breaks up with Daniel. She wants to focus on her family and her health."

After being dumped and decked, Daniel courts danger.

"He goes upstairs after he gets decked by Lucas and he finds Chloe," says Christian. "Her dress happens to be unzipped. Gentleman that he is, he helps her. Then he expresses his feelings, and she expresses her feelings."

After all these months of denial, Daniel and Chloe finally admit they care about each other.

"Everything explodes in this room," says Christian. "It's raw, honest emotion. Once the feelings are out, she starts slapping him and hitting him. She tells him, 'I hate you!' Rather than just jump each other's bones, they resist. He genuinely says it's not just about sex. It would be easier on both of them if it was just sex."

In the course of all that slapping and denying, things eventually go where they insist they don't want them to.

"If you've seen the fantasies Daniel has been having, then you know what's been going on in his head. Actually, he has shown remarkable restraint up to this party."

Clothes start coming off, but then the third corner of their triangle comes looking for her.

"Lucas finds them before anything serious happens," says Christian. "He knocks on the door and they scamper to their respective corners in complete denial."

No one is the wiser at the party, and the two vow to keep things strictly platonic.

"But the next day Chloe goes to Daniel's apartment to confront him on this very issue. The scene opens with, 'This will never happen again!'"

Yeah, right.

"Now that they've laid their cards on the table, so to speak, it's going to get really interesting," says Christian. "That zipper works the other way, too!"

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/tv/2009/01/02/2009-01-02_soap_dish_these_days_daniels_in_danger__.html
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mason

Care about each other? Perhaps "care about ripping each other's clothes off" would have been more appropriate.

Daytime
Member Avatar

Why want they get rid of this pervert. He seems to fall for every patient he comes in contact with. It's just gross and nasty.yuk!

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Yeah, I believe that like I believe it's not about the sex. Gotta hand it to SC, he has to try to spin it!
When I saw the heading, I was hoping maybe someone like Lucas or Victor was coming to beat the crap out of him. Or the husband of a former patient he "examined".

peaches179

zzzzzzzzz. Thanks for posting!

zyona

Angie79
Jan 2 2009, 08:11 PM
After all these months of denial, Daniel and Chloe finally admit they care about each other.

"Everything explodes in this room," says Christian. "It's raw, honest emotion. Once the feelings are out, she starts slapping him and hitting him. She tells him, 'I hate you!' Rather than just jump each other's bones, they resist. He genuinely says it's not just about sex. It would be easier on both of them if it was just sex."
"But the next day Chloe goes to Daniel's apartment to confront him on this very issue. The scene opens with, 'This will never happen again!'"

Did he mean after all these couple weeks?

They care about each other? huh

He genuinely says it's not just about Sex? For the love of God, can he stop right there.

OMG this show doesn't have a chance of surviving if they keep this kind of S/L. If they are trying to sell them as a love story or super couple, it means Corday is not trying to save his parents legacy.
Edited by zyona, Jan 2 2009, 08:29 PM.

Mason

zyona
Jan 2 2009, 08:29 PM
If they are trying to sell them as a love story or super couple, it means Corday is not trying to save his parents legacy.
Well we've known that looong before this crap.

fenderbabe
Member Avatar

Okay, so NOW does anyone want to try and tell me it's the writers honest to God intention to write Daniel/Chloe as nothing but pure animal lust and that they're not trying to be another meaningless-but-totally-not-meaningless-because-they-care-about-each-other pairing?

I can't find that barfing smiley, so just pretend that it's here.

SpriteEyes
Member Avatar

Months? I guess those scenes were on the cutting room floor.

But yay for Dan and Chloe.

Alligato
Member Avatar

See? This article is just hilarious!
Months of denial? The feel up exam was in December, wasn't it? Not just sex? Yea, like they have so much in common and have enjoyed each other's company and have really gotten to know each other in all these months...

Great spin there, Shawn! I am glad you are so into it, as I am sure feeling up Chloe is much better than feeling up Chelsea. So I guess if I look at it that way, it ain't all that bad.

Thanks for sharing!

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

SpriteEyes
Jan 2 2009, 08:58 PM
Months? I guess those scenes were on the cutting room floor.

LOL. I also was wondering where this alleged months of buildup was.

Nicole Walker

WTF? I mean first Luloe now Danloe!! Stop throwing Chloe into relationships that take 2 seconds to build. I don't even know where the feelings came from it's like BAM they have feelings for each other after two or three conversations. What the hell did I miss?

Jiggs
Member Avatar

Has it really been MONTHS of denied feelings? My how time flies when you screw every patient you treat. Shawn Christian can kiss his career goodbye.

KellyGHFan

i Hate what Higley is doing to Daniel...he use to be my favorite male character.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Alligato
Jan 2 2009, 09:13 PM
See? This article is just hilarious!
Months of denial? The feel up exam was in December, wasn't it? Not just sex? Yea, like they have so much in common and have enjoyed each other's company and have really gotten to know each other in all these months...

Great spin there, Shawn! I am glad you are so into it, as I am sure feeling up Chloe is much better than feeling up Chelsea. So I guess if I look at it that way, it ain't all that bad.

Thanks for sharing!
Actually, it has been nearly 3 months. They began making eyes at each other in early November. Actually, it seemed to begin when he learned Chloe has cancer at one point and saw her upset outside Kate's room. It started from there and it was in December that the fantasies started. Days has weird timelines anyway so I wouldn't get too roped into it. I would say they had somewhat of a build but it could've been better. I still think this is a exit story more then anything else. I like it for what it is, as I've mentioned before, so it sounds good to me.

I just feel bad for SC. He's had to sell so much shit this year LOL.
Edited by PhoenixRising05, Jan 3 2009, 03:07 AM.

phloeishot
Member Avatar

Nicole Dimera
Jan 3 2009, 01:35 AM
WTF? I mean first Luloe now Danloe!! Stop throwing Chloe into relationships that take 2 seconds to build. I don't even know where the feelings came from it's like BAM they have feelings for each other after two or three conversations. What the hell did I miss?
ITA! It makes no sense whatsoever. Both Philip and Brady are back in Salem. Why not do another Phloe vs Broe triangle?

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

phloeishot
Jan 3 2009, 03:11 AM
Nicole Dimera
ITA! It makes no sense whatsoever. Both Philip and Brady are back in Salem. Why not do another Phloe vs Broe triangle?
Because they've been there, done that and I think there was too much outcry the last time because Philip got thrown under the bus with Jay leaving just to get Broe together.

I just think they wanted to move on. Maybe the actors wanted to. Corday seemed to want to go there earlier this year so something changed.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

The fact that Daniel and Chloe's joke of a story gets the NY Daily News article is really funny to me.

cjknick
Member Avatar

Thanks for posting Angie ....

What????? They care for each other???? It's not about sex???? Holy Cats that proves it SC has never seen the show and isn't aware that they have cut all the "caring' scenes out and have just left the slutty sex dreams and exam room groping scenes.

phloeishot
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Jan 3 2009, 03:23 AM
phloeishot
Jan 3 2009, 03:11 AM
Nicole Dimera
Because they've been there, done that and I think there was too much outcry the last time because Philip got thrown under the bus with Jay leaving just to get Broe together.

I just think they wanted to move on. Maybe the actors wanted to. Corday seemed to want to go there earlier this year so something changed.
What changed was a BTS conflict between ES and DH involving KR.

H.S. had obviously set up story for Phloe starting with Greenland...

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply