Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SON: Days 11,000th Episode on Jan 21st; Charlotte tries to kill J&M!
Topic Started: Jan 4 2009, 10:36 PM (2,585 Views)
Ellie

http://soapoperanetwork.com/soaps/days/news/644-nbc-daytime-embraces-11000-days.html

NBC Daytime Embraces 11,000 'DAYS'
Sunday, January 4, 2009 9:47 PM ET | By Errol Lewis

(SoapOperaNetwork.com) -- With 43-years of history and more supercouples currently on air than any other daytime soap opera, "Days of our Lives" is ready to join an elite club with show 11,000.

On Wednesday, January 21, a day after President-elect Barack Obama is inaugurated as our nations 43rd President, the little soap that could, "Days of our Lives" will air its 11,000th telecast on NBC. It joins fellow daytime soaps "As The World Turns," "General Hospital" and "Guiding Light," as the only programs in television history to broadcast as many episodes.

Marking the occasion will be the attempted murder of John Black (Drake Hogestyn) and Marlena Evans (Deidre Hall) by Dr. Charlotte Taylor (Sandra Ferguson Robinson). Also celebrating, Dr. Daniel Jonas (Shawn Christian) and Chloe Lane Black (Nadia Bjorlin) discuss their feelings, and Bo (Peter Reckell) and Hope Brady (Kristian Alfonso) celebrate a very Brady life together. However, don't look for much of a real celebration honoring the shows pinnacle moment. It's business as usual for these Salemites.

Debuting November 8, 1965 on NBC, "Days of our Lives" was a soap like no other. It took place in Salem, USA. There were no witches or warlocks, nor was a woman possessed by the devil (yet). You had your simple families like the Brady's, the Horton's, the Williams' and the Carver's. Years later you would have many families come and go, including the Robert's clan headed by Kate Roberts. Unlike Kate, however, Alice Horton remains the quintessential rock that this soap needs to hold everything together. That rock, played by Francis Reid, has been with the show since its debut and is the only surviving original cast member still there.

"Days of our Lives" airs Weekdays on NBC. Weeknights on SOAPnet. Check local listings.

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Ellie

Sooo, two days before J&M leave, sounds like we're still dealing with the Charlotte garbage... how nice.

Drew
Member Avatar

LOL, before that last sentence in the paragraph describing the episode's events, I was gonna ask what kind of shitty celebration was that.

Drew
Member Avatar

Yeah, so they'll be attempted murdered on the 21st, survive on the 22nd, and run out of Salem in hiding on the 23rd? Nice!

I understand the reasons for their firing, but they should atleast be able to write a half way decent exit for them.
Edited by Drew, Jan 4 2009, 10:41 PM.

Ellie

Drew
Jan 4 2009, 10:40 PM
Yeah, so they'll be attempted murdered on the 21st, survive on the 22nd, and run out of Salem in hiding on the 23rd? Nice!
If they're even on on the 22nd!! I don't think I've seen anything that says that they are.

Quote:

I understand the reasons for their firing, but they should atleast be able to write a half way decent exit for them.
I know you and I disagree about their firing, but sounds like we do agree on their exit story. It's terrible.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Wow... she tries to kill them?

Never expected that. Who is this bitch?! Now I kind of wish they weren't going just so we could've gotten a big story with them and Charlotte LOL.

I never expected much celebration for the 11,000th. I still remember the 10,000th. That sucked ass LOL. It was just Corday on air as a judge and nothing happened. At least, in this episode, shit happens LOL and there seems to be some sort of reminiscing with Bo and Hope. I would bet too that J&M may have some flashbacks in this episode. We'll see.

I wish they just had done the J&M wedding in this episode and used that as a way to fit some flashbacks in and then the final two days of them could be them saying goodbye to loved ones but whatever,

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Wow, this is all so rushed!

Ellie

I'm feeling really bad for Drake and Deidre... imagine the whole "11,000" cake thing, knowing this was a day or two before they were leaving.

Drew
Member Avatar

Ellie
Jan 4 2009, 10:50 PM
I'm feeling really bad for Drake and Deidre... imagine the whole "11,000" cake thing, knowing this was a day or two before they were leaving.
Corday's too cheap to spring for two cakes. They'll combine the parties. :laugh:

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

Wow, I didnt know that John was going to get shot by Dr. Taylor? That ruins my whole year of self discovery for EJ SL that I thought could happen?!
I agree that it should have been the JM wedding!
Liz

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

^That bugs me too. It's like they are celebrating and saying goodbye at the same time. Awkward!

Well, there goes the chance of keeping Charlotte I guess LOL. It seems they rushed that to an end too. Just when I got interested. Ugh.

I'm just at the point where I want them gone. Let's get it over with and move on. It feels like it's been forever.

Drew
Member Avatar

Ellie
Jan 4 2009, 10:45 PM
Drew
Jan 4 2009, 10:40 PM
If they're even on on the 22nd!! I don't think I've seen anything that says that they are.

Quote:

I know you and I disagree about their firing, but sounds like we do agree on their exit story. It's terrible.
Yep. It sounds like another Dena special! Remind me to not order that.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Drew
Jan 4 2009, 10:54 PM
Ellie
Corday's too cheap to spring for two cakes. They'll combine the parties. :laugh:
Sadly, your probably right. :laugh: .

Drew
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Jan 4 2009, 10:55 PM
^That bugs me too. It's like they are celebrating and saying goodbye at the same time. Awkward!

Well, there goes the chance of keeping Charlotte I guess LOL. It seems they rushed that to an end too. Just when I got interested. Ugh.

I'm just at the point where I want them gone. Let's get it over with and move on. It feels like it's been forever.
I agree. And with the way its going, they might as well just send them to the post office.

Ellie

Drew
Jan 4 2009, 10:54 PM
Ellie
LOL!! I could totally see that!

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

It seems most Days exits in this decade have been rushed. I can't remember the last time Days did some long, drawn out exit. It seems like every writer since SSM writes these quick-ass exits that only last for 2-3 days tops and one day to say goodbye. That kind of BS starts at the top with Corday.

Drew
Member Avatar

Liz<3Days
Jan 4 2009, 10:55 PM
That ruins my whole year of self discovery for EJ SL that I thought could happen?!

Liz
I'm sorry, but huh?

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

This sounds awful...... :shame:

Ellie

PhoenixRising05
Jan 4 2009, 10:57 PM
It seems most Days exits in this decade have been rushed. I can't remember the last time Days did some long, drawn out exit. It seems like every writer since SSM writes these quick-ass exits that only last for 2-3 days tops and one day to say goodbye. That kind of BS starts at the top with Corday.
No doubt. I think he probably tries to have it both ways. Why pay tribute to someone who's been on the show for years, when all characters are "rested" anyway? But, he never brings these people back, and he therefore weasels out of giving them a proper sendoff. I think it's disgusting whenever it happens, but I think it's much, much worse with Deidre and Drake, given how long they've been on the show.

Drew
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Jan 4 2009, 10:57 PM
The last big exit I can remember was Mike & Carrie in 1999.

Almost everyone else basically ran out of Salem quick and random and mid scene without packing a thing.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply