Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SON: Days 11,000th Episode on Jan 21st; Charlotte tries to kill J&M!
Topic Started: Jan 4 2009, 10:36 PM (2,708 Views)
Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

Ellie
Jan 4 2009, 11:01 PM
PhoenixRising05
Jan 4 2009, 10:57 PM
It seems most Days exits in this decade have been rushed. I can't remember the last time Days did some long, drawn out exit. It seems like every writer since SSM writes these quick-ass exits that only last for 2-3 days tops and one day to say goodbye. That kind of BS starts at the top with Corday.
No doubt. I think he probably tries to have it both ways. Why pay tribute to someone who's been on the show for years, when all characters are "rested" anyway? But, he never brings these people back, and he therefore weasels out of giving them a proper sendoff. I think it's disgusting whenever it happens, but I think it's much, much worse with Deidre and Drake, given how long they've been on the show.
Thats not exactly true. Look at how many times Abe or Lexie came back.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Ellie

Drew
Jan 4 2009, 11:02 PM
Ellie
Jan 4 2009, 11:01 PM
PhoenixRising05
Jan 4 2009, 10:57 PM
It seems most Days exits in this decade have been rushed. I can't remember the last time Days did some long, drawn out exit. It seems like every writer since SSM writes these quick-ass exits that only last for 2-3 days tops and one day to say goodbye. That kind of BS starts at the top with Corday.
No doubt. I think he probably tries to have it both ways. Why pay tribute to someone who's been on the show for years, when all characters are "rested" anyway? But, he never brings these people back, and he therefore weasels out of giving them a proper sendoff. I think it's disgusting whenever it happens, but I think it's much, much worse with Deidre and Drake, given how long they've been on the show.
Thats not exactly true. Look at how many times Abe or Lexie came back.
Hasn't Abe been on straight since the early 90's? I know he was off for a year or two there because he went to Generations. (I'm not counting the SSK stuff in this, because we really don't know what happened there.) Lexie is a fair example, good point. But I think the number of other 'long-timers' that Corday's done this to paints a more true picture.

daysfan
Member Avatar

This is...interesting and odd. Is Charlotte just some short term psycho character? I have wondered if she's Kristen at times, though she seemed pretty sane...just off. She's a psychiatrist, I can't believe she tries to kill them! And two days before they exit....wow. Like Tim, I wish they had drawn this out. You don't try to kill characters two days before they leave!

So does anyone know how long Sandra Ferguson is staying? Oh and I CANNOT get over how much she looks like Patsy Pease!

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Rushed much?

Mason
Member Avatar

What a load of crap.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

DrewH is dead on.

I'm sure this would have been an eventual outcome, it didnt sound like this role was supposed to be this short, the firing of the DHs rushed Ferguson out the door as well.

JohnandMarlenaFreak
Member Avatar

OK,So the 21st this whackjob Doctor tries to kill John and Marlena and then the 23rd they get married,well thats romantic,what do they get married in the hospital,eek I hope not,nothing romantic about that,as much as I am gonna miss JM I just wanna get this over with so I can stop watching and move on.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

Mason
Jan 4 2009, 11:24 PM
What a load of crap.
Like shit coming out the anus, so are the Days of Our Lives.

Mason
Member Avatar

Drew
Jan 4 2009, 11:26 PM
Mason
Jan 4 2009, 11:24 PM
What a load of crap.
Like shit coming out the anus, so are the Days of Our Lives.
BAHAHAHA!!! :lol:

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

JohnandMarlenaFreak
Jan 4 2009, 11:25 PM
OK,So the 21st this whackjob Doctor tries to kill John and Marlena and then the 23rd they get married,well thats romantic,what do they get married in the hospital,eek I hope not,nothing romantic about that,as much as I am gonna miss JM I just wanna get this over with so I can stop watching and move on.
Oh that's just perfect! A wedding in the hospital chapel.

Its not like they even have family in town anymore to celebrate this with anymore, they might as well get married at city hall. :drunk:

AngelOB
Member Avatar
Life is awesome

Well the Charlotte thing is kind of out of left field. Weird. And I'm depressed about the lack of
respect for the departure of J&M. Depressed but not surprised mind you, what with the cheapness that is Days.

lene
Member Avatar

Ellie
Jan 4 2009, 10:39 PM
Sooo, two days before J&M leave, sounds like we're still dealing with the Charlotte garbage... how nice.
So sorry for you J/M fans. :-/

Ellie

lene
Jan 4 2009, 11:39 PM
Ellie
Jan 4 2009, 10:39 PM
Sooo, two days before J&M leave, sounds like we're still dealing with the Charlotte garbage... how nice.
So sorry for you J/M fans. :-/
Thanks!

Ellie

JohnandMarlenaFreak
Jan 4 2009, 11:25 PM
what do they get married in the hospital,eek I hope not
Your post just made me realize - who says they even come out of this murder attempt ok???

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

I'm not up on the spoilers, but are they getting married in the end? (they divorced??)

Mason
Member Avatar

Drew
Jan 4 2009, 11:48 PM
I'm not up on the spoilers, but are they getting married in the end? (they divorced??)
I wouldn't be surprised if an attempt was made on their lives, they reunited, married, and left town all in one episode.

Ellie

Drew
Yes, they are divorced, and I believe they are getting married on their last show, the 23rd.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

Mason
Jan 4 2009, 11:49 PM
Drew
I wouldn't be surprised if an attempt was made on their lives, they reunited, married, and left town all in one episode.
Definitely can be done.

Look how fast they rushed people like Rex, Mimi, Shelle, Philip (KB), Patrick, Abby out the door. Suddenly in the last 2 min of an ep while they're somewhere like the hospital - "i'm leaving salem" and they're gone. Who can move that fast! lol.

Ellie

Drew
Jan 4 2009, 11:59 PM
Look how fast they rushed people like Rex, Mimi, Shelle, Philip (KB), Patrick, Abby out the door. Suddenly in the last 2 min of an ep while they're somewhere like the hospital - "i'm leaving salem" and they're gone. Who can move that fast! lol.
Exactly - but while that was absolutely insulting to those actors and characters, none of those people were on the show over 20 years, let alone 30. That's one of the things that really gets me about this.

daysfan
Member Avatar

Drew
Jan 4 2009, 11:59 PM
Mason
Jan 4 2009, 11:49 PM
Drew
Definitely can be done.

All too true. Someone else said this, but they have rushed exits in the 00's. Rex just rushed out of the hospital after he found out about the abortion, and left Salem(and Cassie just vanished along with him). Shelle just decided they were going to go off, Philip ran off after discovering Claire was not his, I don't even remember how quick Abby left...Patrick had some build up, for some reason its always been the bad characters thats always had some build up(though its usually because they die or something). Like Andre's first exit was a tad rushed, but his second one sort of felt built up to with all that went on. Then of course there are people like Willow and Jan who randomly fall and hit their heads.

Overall, like you and others are saying, Days definitely does rush their exits and I doubt it'll be much different this time.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply