Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SON: Days 11,000th Episode on Jan 21st; Charlotte tries to kill J&M!
Topic Started: Jan 4 2009, 10:36 PM (2,728 Views)
Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

Kyrai
Jan 5 2009, 10:33 AM
This is why you should never let yourself hope. You don't get disappointed.

This might as well be the show's motto. Even when they start something that looks like it could be good, it usually ends up changing direction for no reason or otherwise getting screwed up.

For some reason I am really bothered by the idea that Charlotte is really Ava or Kristen. I don't understand Charlotte's purpose (which is not the actress's fault), but I just really hate the idea that they'll try to make her place on canvas make some sense by having her be someone else. I find everything about Charlotte being on the show right now bewildering.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kyrai

Paxton
Jan 5 2009, 10:39 AM
Kyrai
Jan 5 2009, 10:33 AM
This is why you should never let yourself hope. You don't get disappointed.

This might as well be the show's motto. Even when they start something that looks like it could be good, it usually ends up changing direction for no reason or otherwise getting screwed up.

For some reason I am really bothered by the idea that Charlotte is really Ava or Kristen. I don't understand Charlotte's purpose (which is not the actress's fault), but I just really hate the idea that they'll try to make her place on canvas make some sense by having her be someone else. I find everything about Charlotte being on the show right now bewildering.
I don't get why it should be about Ava or Kristen either. The daughter of Marlena's late mentor having a grudge against her sounds interesting to me. I'd hate to have it be tied to Ava or Kristen. Why can't it just be something that happened between Marlena and her mentor in the past? I think it could have been interesting and opened up new stories, but I also had plenty of thoughts that didn't require a new character. I rather liked the idea of Kayla and Steve helping Marlena by beating on Stefano and Rolf, lol.

Moot point now anyway, sadly.
Edited by Kyrai, Jan 5 2009, 10:50 AM.

King
Member Avatar

This is a very oddly written article and pretty disjointed.

But nevertheless, yay DAYS and their 11,000th episode!

FanODays

I just cannot get over how quickly this story is going to get wrapped up and J&M shipped away. I guess the fact they will remarry and be together is supposed to be enough for their loyal fans but for this one, its not. Far from it in fact.

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

If Charlotte is just the daughter of Marlena's mentor...it's just random and bland to me. Even though I wouldn't necessarily want her to be Kristen or Ava, it doesn't feel sufficiently twisted and soap-y to me.

jules

FanODays
Jan 5 2009, 02:15 PM
I just cannot get over how quickly this story is going to get wrapped up and J&M shipped away. I guess the fact they will remarry and be together is supposed to be enough for their loyal fans but for this one, its not. Far from it in fact.
I can believe it lol! Days has sucked so badly in the last several years, so it's no surprise this is botched up as well. They are a joke.

pnelsen

The show has been bad....really bad, but I just can't believe that they would send John and Marlena off that way. They are a huge part of "days" history. They have gotten tons of publicity for the show because of Drake and Deidre leaving. The send off only makes the writers look even more awful. I'm sorry John and Marlena fans. They have always been one of my favorite couples also. Steve, Kayla, John, Marlena and Bo and Hope. Wow. Even if they were to come back, will there be a show to come back to????

Kenny
Member Avatar

px780
Jan 5 2009, 04:07 PM
If Charlotte is just the daughter of Marlena's mentor...it's just random and bland to me. Even though I wouldn't necessarily want her to be Kristen or Ava, it doesn't feel sufficiently twisted and soap-y to me.
Having her be Ava would be stupid, but I definitely prefer it to Kristen.

Firing Deidre and Drake is enough of a slap in the face. Having Charlotte be Kristen would just be a triple whammy -- and not in a good way. Fans of all three characters deserve more.

daysfan
Member Avatar

I don't know about Charlotte being Kristen....it would be an interesting twist, but I don't know, I think the role solely belongs to Eileen Davidson! You'd have to have a nearly perfect recast(love Sandra Ferguson but she is simply not that, and plus the Patsy Pease resemblance will NOT go away) if you were going to have one at all.

I don't know, I feel like if Days wanted Kristen, they should have grabbed Eileen back in the Summer when B&B dropped her to recurring and she was virtually free. Or in 2006-2007 when she was gone from Y&R and officially jobless. Too late, this is the consequence for your original mistakes, Days!

zyona

Does this mean that Charlotte will be gone too?
Edited by zyona, Jan 5 2009, 11:28 PM.

Kirk
Member Avatar
Captain Kirk

zyona
Jan 5 2009, 11:27 PM
Does this mean that Charlotte will be gone too?
Damn I needed that laugh!! Your avatar is freaking hilarious!

Having Dr. Taylor be Kristen or Ava would just be ludicrous, where would the drama impact be with neither Tamara or Eileen reprising their roles as Ava or Kristen.

I fucking hate Dudley Higgs and Corduh!

daysfan
Member Avatar

As for having her be Ava, that would just be too odd...I mean, in Ava's final months, she was actually sane. And I think if she wanted to come back to Salem to reclaim John, in just a matter of a few months after she took off, all she had to do was come back and romance him, not have plastic surgery or a disguise and come back pretending to be a psychiatrist and then try to kill him and Marlena!

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

You know, reading everyone's posts and thinking more about it, I kind of don't want her to be Kristen or Ava either. I kind of hope it's just someone from Marlena's past or something. I think it will end up that way anyway given the rushed exit of all 3 but you never know. I think even like the idea now of them making her Kristen or Ava just to lay seeds for future story because there is just too much risk involved there.

I do think Charlotte was supposed to short-term to start and then supposed to be something bigger (Kristen, Ava, etc) but then went through a third change, perhaps due to backlash of fans. maybe Days was going to keep her but changed their minds so they are rushing her out too. Sandra seemed to be hinting at sticking around. Then again, she also through out hints that her resemblance to Marlena meant something so that could come into play here and Sandra did seem to indicate in SOD when she joined she liked that it was short-term. She did seem happy about sticking around too so who knows.

I just want this all over with so we can move on LOL.

Mason
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Jan 6 2009, 01:04 AM
Of course, as soon as this is over, we'll get word of the next big firings, and the cycle will start all over, LoL.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Mason
Jan 6 2009, 01:23 AM
PhoenixRising05
Of course, as soon as this is over, we'll get word of the next big firings, and the cycle will start all over, LoL.
True but it won't be the same. We all know what is coming and nothing will surprise us like this. It all hit like a ton of bricks because we expected names like SN and MBE, not Drake and Deidre.

The only shock would be James and/or Ali. I can't see anything else shocking anyone as far as firings go, at least not like this.

Ellie

PhoenixRising05
I do think Charlotte was supposed to short-term to start and then supposed to be something bigger (Kristen, Ava, etc) but then went through a third change, perhaps due to backlash of fans.
I completely disagree - she's only been on a month! lol I don't think there's been any time for backlash. And if Days was so concerned about backlash, believe me, they'd be writing the J&M exit story quite differently.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Ellie
Jan 6 2009, 03:38 AM
PhoenixRising05
I do think Charlotte was supposed to short-term to start and then supposed to be something bigger (Kristen, Ava, etc) but then went through a third change, perhaps due to backlash of fans.
I completely disagree - she's only been on a month! lol I don't think there's been any time for backlash. And if Days was so concerned about backlash, believe me, they'd be writing the J&M exit story quite differently.
People were complaining the minute they heard Charlotte would be his therapist and what we are seeing now was taped around the first week of December so, yes, backlash could've been a factor, especially since we haven't see much hints Charlotte going psycho like this. We know she has some sort of issue but they really haven't been explicit about it onscreen as of yet so backlash could've played a role.

I'm sure they know the J&M story is rushed. I just doubt they care. Nearly every exit since 2000 has been horribly rushed and I think once they committ to something, they just go with it. In other words, they are too lazy to put effort into a story for people who are leaving. I think it's flat out obvious judging by this and past exits over the past 8-9 years that once they axe you, they just don't care. They put something out there to make it look like they made an effort and that is it. They don't care until the people return or are back on the show again.

They are probably taking the chance to try to hook fans on the other stories before J&M leave just so they can cover their bases and not lose alot of fans. As I've mentioned, I don't see it hurting the ratings but they will lose fans and I think they are hoping to push the other stories enough so some may find something else on the show to watch. I doubt that will help but I think that is their mindset.

ArizonaDaze
Member Avatar

Tim, the IIC have a mind set? That made me laugh. Has it ever been said that Charlotte isn't who she says she is (Ava or Kristen) or is that just wishful thinking/speculation? Maybe she's the daughter of Alex North seeking revenge! Ha! Just my speculation on that. Regardless, Dee & Drake's exit is going to be crap and a slap in the face to all their multitudes of fans. They haven't been favorites of mine in a long time, (although I still like them and would like to still have them on the show) but they are such a huge part of the show and will be missed by me and so many others. TIIC are exactly that.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply