Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Short writeup from FOX News: Deidre/Drake leave Days
Topic Started: Jan 5 2009, 09:44 AM (1,474 Views)
JohnandMarlenaFreak
Member Avatar

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,475804,00.html#3

Deidre Hall leaves "Days of Our Lives" after 30 plus years on January 23rd. She’s the star, but show owner Ken Corday has decided to turn the dying serial over to 12-year-olds. Hall takes with her longtime co-star Drake Hogestyn, whose amnesiac character gets his memory back, remembers what Corday has done to the show, and decides to leave.

I HATE Fox News,but right on! :rockon: :D
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

zyona

JohnandMarlenaFreak
Jan 5 2009, 09:44 AM
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,475804,00.html#3

Deidre Hall leaves "Days of Our Lives" after 30 plus years on January 23rd. She’s the star, but show owner Ken Corday has decided to turn the dying serial over to 12-year-olds. Hall takes with her longtime co-star Drake Hogestyn, whose amnesiac character gets his memory back, remembers what Corday has done to the show, and decides to leave.

I HATE Fox News,but right on! :rockon: :D
Even Fox News got it right about Corday's stupidity. Well he replaces them with 12-years-olds- aka Melanie Layton.

King
Member Avatar

I love Fox News. They're always tell it like it is and the most objective news coverage around. Namely, they hate everyone.

And I love it! Rock on, Fox News.

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

LOL, that is too funny.

Nicole Walker

LMFAO.

FanODays

That says it all.

jules

That is hysterical! Thanks for posting.

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

it still really hasn't hit me that Drake and Deidre are leaving the show...And i probably won't for a while after they are gone..I still have a feeling they will be back later in the year..

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

"show owner Ken Corday has decided to turn the dying serial over to 12-year-olds."

LMAO

Mason
Member Avatar

Preach it, FOX News! :rockon:

JandM4evermore
Member Avatar

I love how Fox news stuck it to corday and NBC!! They so deserve it!!!

hops
Member Avatar

LOVE it! Short and to the point.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

That was pretty funny.

Not a big fan of Fox news but they are right on about Corday being a moron. I'm not 100% against the decisions Days is making but they did hit the nail on the head regarding his stupidity.

MoonShadowed
Member Avatar

this show fucking blows man
how can people stay on it

FOX rules!
calls it likes it is.

Corday, u is a WANKER!

SpriteEyes
Member Avatar

Quote:

Apparently, they didn’t … Deidre Hall leaves "Days of Our Lives" after 30 plus years on January 23rd. She’s the star, but show owner Ken Corday has decided to turn the dying serial over to 12-year-olds. Hall takes with her longtime co-star Drake Hogestyn, whose amnesiac character gets his memory back, remembers what Corday has done to the show, and decides to leave …

Ahh, this is just a blurb in the entertainment section. I thought it was headline news, LOL, and thought with the war in the middle east, getting ready to swear in a new president and DAYS is getting a mention?

Anyway, the twelve year olds in question must refer to those behind the scenes and not those in front.

I also thought it was interesting the "dying soap" which means it's been dying before D&D got fired and really didn't care for the 'DHer is taking DHe with her" as if DHer had a choice and demanded Drake be written off if she were.

I also thought DAYS was an emsemble show without one *star*. Unless now that DHer is gone it's just now an emsemble show?
Edited by SpriteEyes, Jan 14 2009, 09:40 AM.

didi

SO TRUE .......THAT ARTICLE SAYS IT ALL....

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply