Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Sun Ratings: "Brothers & Sisters" Hit Series Lows; "Superstars of Dance" has nice open
Topic Started: Jan 5 2009, 07:27 PM (500 Views)
Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

Viewers
Desperate Housewives 14.4 million (-1.8 million)
Cold Case 12.8 million
60 Minutes 12.3 million
Extreme Makeover: Home Edition 10.9 million
Superstars of Dance 10.5 million
Million Dollar Password 10.4 million
The Unit 9.7 million
Brothers & Sisters 8.8 million (-2.0 million) <---------------- Series Low
America's Funniest Home Videos 7.0 million
24: Redemption (R) 5.9 million
SNL: Sports Extra 5.3 million
CW MOVIE: Trail of the Pink Panther 1.3 million
Jericho (R) 809,000

Adults 18-49
Desperate Housewives 5.4/12 (-.6)
Extreme Makeover: Home Edition 3.8/9
Brothers & Sisters 3.2/8 (-.7) <---------------- Series Low
Superstars of Dance 3.1/7
Cold Case 2.8/7
The Unit 2.6/7
24: Redemption (R) 2.2/8
60 Minutes 2.0/6
America's Funniest Home Videos 2.0/6
SNL: Sports Extra 2.0/6
Million Dollar Password 1.9/5
CW MOVIE: Trail of the Pink Panther 0.3/1
Jericho 0.3/1
Edited by Rick, Jan 5 2009, 07:34 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mason

It doesn't surprise me. Last night's show was boring as all hell. B&S needs to get its act together and FAST. If it keeps up like this, I could really see this being the show's last season.

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

To be fair Mason, DH was also down nearly 2 million and IMO it was the best episode of the season.

I think it's because not a lot of people realised it was new, hopefully.

B&S really needs an overhaul and hopefully killing Tommy off will be the shot in the arm. I kind of felt like some of last nights episode was rewritten, because spoilers said that Kevin made out with Julia while hopped up on pills, but it happened in a dream. Also the whole biological father thing really makes me think Tommy will die and Kevin and Scotty will raise Lizzie

Mason

Rick
Jan 5 2009, 07:32 PM
To be fair Mason, DH was also down nearly 2 million and IMO it was the best episode of the season.

That's true, but who knows if ABC will even care? LoL

I really, REALLY hope Tommy is killed off, because that's just what the show needs.

King
Member Avatar

I think the show wants to kill him off, but the network is apprehensive.

It looks like it was not a good night for ABC. Maybe a lot of people called it an early night since today was the first workday in a while for some, Haha. Who knows?

I heard B&S was bad, but I didn't see it. I think it will come back for one more season next year.

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

Mason
Jan 5 2009, 07:34 PM
Rick
Jan 5 2009, 07:32 PM

That's true, but who knows if ABC will even care? LoL

I really, REALLY hope Tommy is killed off, because that's just what the show needs.
True about ABC, but Berlanti just signed a 5 year 10+ million dollar deal with ABC and they already cancelled two of his shows. (DSM, ES) so I don't think they'd get rid of his baby. Plus is gets great critical praise and award nominations.

Ya know, sfter he started working on all three shows, Brothers & Sisters started to suffer. I am confident that Feb-May will be awesome B&S like Season 1 and 2

Here's his latest shows set for this coming fall.

THE RETURN (ABC) - Drama about the impact on the world (including the White House) when aliens land.

MYSTIC CONFIDENTIAL.COM (ABC) a family drama focusing on a how a blog impacts the lives of the members
of a small town.

Quote:

I know! seriously! I can't even stand to look at him anymore. I'd rather watch Scotty tan than see Tommy on my screen.
Edited by Rick, Jan 5 2009, 07:45 PM.

King
Member Avatar

Those new shows sound weird and crazy! LOL!

I think B&S will be better in the Spring too, but I fear what the new shows will do to the show like DSM and ES did.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar

Rick
Jan 5 2009, 07:44 PM
I know! seriously! I can't even stand to look at him anymore. I'd rather watch Scotty tan than see Tommy on my screen.
It's like he's not even trying anymore and it shows on screen as clear as day..... :shame:

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

I think a lot of people probably didn't realize the ABC shows were new last night..But Brothers and Sisters deserves that fall..They need to do something big and quick..

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Primetime Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply