Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD and SOW: John Remembers!; Jan. 20th issues; Summary of Articles
Topic Started: Jan 7 2009, 12:45 PM (3,471 Views)
PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

I forgot to mention it but you all are right in that this looks like an Alex North ripoff and it does now make me glad we won't see it. It just makes it clear that they had no idea what they were doing with J&M, especially after Tomlin came in and stopped the story that we were seeing hints of in September. Tomlin seems to like channeling JER's style so ripping off a story that JER did isn't exactly a stunner. The only issue is Alex North was a trainwreck and this probably would've been the same way. It's weird because i think they changed the Charlotte character's purpose several times because this is really the third shift I could sense in her character.

Whatever the case, let's get it over with and move past this. I just want to enjoy what good we do get and move on because so much of this is just a mess. I'm glad it doesn't sound downright horrible so that should help.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I'm just thanking the soap gods in heaven that we don't have to watch this storyline pan out like a normal storyline. As rushed as this is, I'm grateful.

Kyrai

PhoenixRising05
Jan 7 2009, 02:48 PM
I forgot to mention it but you all are right in that this looks like an Alex North ripoff and it does now make me glad we won't see it. It just makes it clear that they had no idea what they were doing with J&M, especially after Tomlin came in and stopped the story that we were seeing hints of in September. Tomlin seems to like channeling JER's style so ripping off a story that JER did isn't exactly a stunner. The only issue is Alex North was a trainwreck and this probably would've been the same way. It's weird because i think they changed the Charlotte character's purpose several times because this is really the third shift I could sense in her character.

Whatever the case, let's get it over with and move past this. I just want to enjoy what good we do get and move on because so much of this is just a mess. I'm glad it doesn't sound downright horrible so that should help.
I'm not sure this was always gonna be a North rip-off. Originally, I thought they were going to introduce a new relative for Marlena from this (either her child - with Dr. North or her and John's child from when she 'died in the plane crash' back in 1986 - my preference but a long shot) or even Samantha's child somehow.

Obviously, I have no idea what has happened, but I think they would've logically changed it given D&D leaving, so this story could be wrapped quicker. Just my opinion. I know nothing.

The story seemed to change so often during the year, it's getting hard to keep up.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Kyrai
Jan 7 2009, 02:57 PM
PhoenixRising05
Jan 7 2009, 02:48 PM

I'm not sure this was always gonna be a North rip-off. Originally, I thought they were going to introduce a new relative for Marlena from this (either her child - with Dr. North or her and John's child from when she 'died in the plane crash' back in 1986 - my preference but a long shot) or even Samantha's child somehow.

Obviously, I have no idea what has happened, but I think they would've logically changed it given D&D leaving, so this story could be wrapped quicker. Just my opinion. I know nothing.

The story seemed to change so often during the year, it's getting hard to keep up.
Oh, I agree. I don't think it was intended to be either. As I said, I felt a character change in Charlotte 3 times in the course of a month LOL. I'm not sure what the hell was going on. It's almost like they had 3 different ideas and wanted to see what stuck and they just made adjustments along the way and ended up with this.

I'm with Drew though. I'm kind of glad now we won't see it end up a long-term story.

jules

Thanks for posting Ellie. :) Of course it's rushed. Corday wanted them gone before the break. Charlotte sounds like another whacko and we still don't know why she's doing this (and to be truthful, I could care less about her). Glad John refuses to go without her at least. I was picturing John agreeing to start a new life without her and then have his memory return. And after that we have four days for the attempted murder and wedding. Days sucks!

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

This sounds awesome...cannot wait to watch.

That being said, I do wonder how much better it would have been if Charlotte was developed a bit more and if this storyline was dragged out a bit better.

JohnandMarlenaFreak
Member Avatar

This show sucks,so rushed,I am thrilled he remembers and all,but I don't give a crap about Charlotte,for me there is no point of her at all.

squee
Member Avatar

px780
Jan 7 2009, 01:58 PM
The only thing I personally would change is to either swap out Brady for Sami or add her into the mix.
NNOOOOOOOO!!!! That's the only good thing about this! NO SAMI! :cheer:

peaches179

squee
Jan 7 2009, 04:26 PM
px780
Jan 7 2009, 01:58 PM
The only thing I personally would change is to either swap out Brady for Sami or add her into the mix.
NNOOOOOOOO!!!! That's the only good thing about this! NO SAMI! :cheer:

LOL! ICAM!

Mason
Member Avatar

As tired as I am of Sami, I really do hope she has scenes with Marlena and John (Marlena especially), before they go. I don't think it would be right not to.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Mason
Jan 7 2009, 07:06 PM
As tired as I am of Sami, I really do hope she has scenes with Marlena and John (Marlena especially), before they go. I don't think it would be right not to.
Eh. I wish the same but, sadly, many fans would probably hate it coming off last year.

I doubt we will get it. She's too isolated right now and it seems she will be giving birth on the show around that time.

Jiggs
Member Avatar

Thanks Ellie... All I have to do is skim this stuff. It's all about Charlotte and frankly I don't give a shit about her.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Jiggs
Jan 7 2009, 07:24 PM
Thanks Ellie... All I have to do is skim this stuff. It's all about Charlotte and frankly I don't give a shit about her.
You mean you aren't just dying to see what she'll do next? You aren't DYING for that?
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Jiggs
Member Avatar

yea, uh not so much no. I am just waiting for this to end. Higley and Tomlin suck ass.

Kyrai

PhoenixRising05
Jan 7 2009, 07:07 PM
Mason
Jan 7 2009, 07:06 PM
Eh. I wish the same but, sadly, many fans would probably hate it coming off last year.

I doubt we will get it. She's too isolated right now and it seems she will be giving birth on the show around that time.
Sami being on with John and Marlena's exit would be the worst to me.

And honestly, if she were on, would you see Marlena leaving town if she thought her little girl was pregnant or had just had a baby? I don't buy Marlena sitting by while her daughter is off in WP as it is (though I happily accept this anomaly - I'm sure she's keeping tabs with Roman checking up on her often offscreen). :)

I'm just fine with having Sami talk to Marlena on the phone after the 23rd. That's the one thing I'm liking alot. No Sami theatrics.

elizsabrinat

It is one thing to repeat stories but to the exact characters is wrong. They could have had John just get his memory back without a mystery or delay and leave some more time for real John to react all that has gone on in the last year. Brady's out of character drug addiction, Shawn's death, being Colleen and Santo's son, his behavior, Marlena not accepting him (some times right some times wrong) and get a longer wedding and reception. I accept Brady there but there was no reason for Charlotte. They could have not mentioned again and off the show without an attempted killing. If they allowed more time for the exit maybe the adventure they are giving us wouldn't seem a waste or at the very least rushed. Days Cafe did say the cops take away Charlotte so maybe that is Bo, Hope and Roman. I do think they would say goodbye to Sami so I do hope they give her a call rather than not mention her at all but she could easily be distracting.
Edited by elizsabrinat, Jan 7 2009, 09:17 PM.

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

With Sami- I thought I'd posted another comment earlier but it was an off day so who knows. I can understand not wanting this version of Sami involved. But in my ideal fantasy Days, Sami doesn't have to be the whiny melodramatic pseudo-heroine. She can be the melodramatic manipulative vicious bitch. Also, it's easier for me to imagine her breaking into a therapist's office and stealing information than it is for me to think of Brady doing it.

I think Charlotte is kind of appropriate because from what I've seen most of John and Marlena's drama involves a third party. Sami, Kristen, Stefano, whoever was ultimately responsible for the stupid neverending kidnapping crap, Alex North (whatever the heck that was)...It is kind of fitting that there's one more interferer, even if she's some random nobody.

Ellie

px780
Jan 7 2009, 09:38 PM
With Sami- I thought I'd posted another comment earlier but it was an off day so who knows.
You did - it's on the first page in this thread. Your comment is what started this discussion, lol!

Quote:

I can understand not wanting this version of Sami involved. But in my ideal fantasy Days, Sami doesn't have to be the whiny melodramatic pseudo-heroine. She can be the melodramatic manipulative vicious bitch.
Yep. But unfortunately in this version of Days (and I'm not sure which actress you're casting in your version), she's whiny and annoying.

I agree with the 'happy with no Sami' side of this, lol. It's a silver lining for me that she hasn't been mentioned in any J&M spoilers. We had way too much of her this summer, like when Sami and EJ suddenly ran into Marlena's townhouse when Marlena was lying on the floor and John was giving her CPR. I don't need Sami running into any of their scenes now.

JohnandMarlenaFreak
Member Avatar

Jiggs
Jan 7 2009, 07:24 PM
I second that,as much as I will miss JM and seeing Drake and Dee I am most certainly not gonna miss this pathetic excuse for a show,which makes me sad,I used to love the show,I used to run home from school,pop in my tapes and watch it and gosh how I loved it,but Higley and Corday have destroyed it,Cordays parents must rolling in their graves.

Jiggs
Member Avatar

So there is no Sami goodbye for J&M? Hm, one small bit of mercy for this J&M fan. The last thing I want to see is Alison Sweeney's trademark fake tears and pout along with the requisite deafening screeching and gasping for air.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply