Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOW: A Closer Look: Daniel; Jan. 20th issue; Article Summary
Topic Started: Jan 7 2009, 01:04 PM (2,602 Views)
Ellie

Please link to DR.

SOW interviews Shawn Christian this week about Daniel and Chloe's story.

At Lucas and Chloe's engagement party, when Daniel and Chloe are together, Lucas knocks on the door. Christian tells SOW that this "shocks them back to reality". They get dressed, and Chloe tells Lucas she'll be right there. Then, Chloe tells Daniel that the two of them are finished. Christian says that in that moment, there "is an acknowledgement" of what Chloe and Daniel feel for each other. "It's beyond sex. In fact, it would be easier if it was just sex." Daniel explains to Chloe that what they have together is "not just physical".

Daniel then keeps asking Chloe if she's sure Lucas is right for her. Daniel tells Chloe he can tell that Chloe doesn't feel the same about Lucas as she does for him.

Then, Daniel and Chloe head down to the engagement party. Daniel makes a toast to the couple and says "I hope all your choices are the right ones and completely fulfill you." Later, Daniel again talks to Chloe and reminds her of their past experiences together: "I know, and you know how we feel about each other, and it wasn't just upstairs."

The next day, Chloe goes to Daniel's apartment, to, as SOW puts it, "insist last night never happened". Daniel asks Chloe to be honest, and he tells her that he thinks her marrying Lucas is a mistake.

Chloe and Daniel then end up making love. Christian says that Daniel "challenges Chloe about how she feels about him. He physically gets into her space. It's a slow burn, if you will."

Kate interrupts the couple when she comes by to drop off something that Daniel left at the party. But Christian says that after Kate leaves, Chloe and Daniel "don't just go back at it." Kate's presence made them realize that what they're doing is "twisted" and wrong.

The article ends with Christian saying that he doesn't know how Daniel and Chloe are going to be able to turn off their feelings. "... no one has stirred Daniel's soul like Chloe. Romance and love aren't always found in a field of flowers. They can be found in some dark corners, too."
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Ponz
Member Avatar

Ellie
Jan 7 2009, 01:04 PM
"... no one has stirred Daniel's soul like Chloe. Romance and love aren't always found in a field of flowers. They can be found in some dark corners, too."
ROFL! What a crock of shit.

Thanks, Ellie.

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

Ellie
Christian says that in that moment, there "is an acknowledgement" of what Chloe and Daniel feel for each other. "It's beyond sex. In fact, it would be easier if it was just sex." Daniel explains to Chloe that what they have together is "not just physical".

The article ends with Christian saying that he doesn't know how Daniel and Chloe are going to be able to turn off their feelings. "... no one has stirred Daniel's soul like Chloe. Romance and love aren't always found in a field of flowers. They can be found in some dark corners, too."
If it's not just sex, then what is it? Just one concrete example would be nice. What is it about her that's "stirring his soul?" That she didn't sue him for groping her during a medical exam?

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Ponz
Jan 7 2009, 01:09 PM
Ellie
"... no one has stirred Daniel's soul like Chloe. Romance and love aren't always found in a field of flowers. They can be found in some dark corners, too."
ROFL! What a crock of shit.

Thanks, Ellie.
Well, it's true LOL but I am over Daniel.

Nadia and Shawn have chemistry but alot of my enjoying of this is both the dirty, sexy, wrongness of this and the fact that I'm assuming this will lead to Daniel's exit. If he stays on after this, then my enjoyment of it takes a major hit.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

OMG what sluts! Even though I don't like Daniel or Chloe's characters as individuals for some reason I am rooting for this trashy, nasty couple. I guess I feel like they deserve each other.

cjknick
Member Avatar

Thanks for posting Ellie ....

WTH - Daniel and Chloe - it's more than just sex - yeah right! That more than just sex stuff must of happened off screen then. Has Daniel and Chloe even had a conversation? At least one where he doesn't have a hard on?
Edited by cjknick, Jan 7 2009, 01:20 PM.

mer4santo
Member Avatar

Doesn't Dr Feelgood think this about all of his love interests? I hope in is in the next round of cuts.

fenderbabe

Can we PLEASE get Kate out of this storyline?

Daniel and Chloe have spent more time fantasing about screwing each other than actual quality time together, so how am I supposed to believe they care about each other? Sorry, I don't buy that they're going to find love, or happiness, or romance with each other. Daniel needs to leave town. Every single woman that comes along "stirs up his soul like no other" until the next one arrives. Why are they trying so hard to shine a load of shit?

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

cjknick
Jan 7 2009, 01:19 PM
Thanks for posting Ellie ....

WTH - Daniel and Chloe - it's more than just sex - yeah right! That more than just sex stuff must of happened off screen then. Has Daniel and Chloe even had a conversation? At least one where he doesn't have a hard on?
Well, they have had talks but that was mostly before the infatuation really took off. It seems they talk about things at the engagement party and next week, not that it matters LOL.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

fenderbabe
Jan 7 2009, 01:45 PM
Can we PLEASE get Kate out of this storyline?

I think you will get your wish if the indications of Kate/Stefano resurfacing are correct.

The one aspect I like about this is that Kate will go right back to her old ways and want to destroy Chloe once all this hits the fan. That is another reason I like this LOL.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

So ridiculous! What feelings?? They don't even know each other. They only time they actually talked a little bit about themselves was that short conversation they had at the gym a couple of months ago. It is all LUST.

Thanks, Ellie!

wkline
Member Avatar

Chloe stirrs something, but I don't think it's his soul!! :roflol:

Kenny
Member Avatar

A closer look at Daniel?

I'm not sure I want a closer look. I might see the crabs.

DOOLrox

This whole Chloe/Dan thing is just bizarre - they've hardly said three sentences to each other - all they do is stare at each other in a sort of possessed fashion, and in some cases Dr. Dirty is inappropriately feeling her up. I haven't seen where their minds, much less their souls, have had a freakin' thing to do with any of it! Lipstick on a pig, is an apt phrase, I believe. Too bad too, cuz actually those two have some good chemistry, but the characters are so damaged at this point, I'm not sure they're salvageable. Gods I wish they'd change out the HACKS they have writing the show currently for some people with at least a modicum of talent. :(

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

No one has stirred Daniel like Chloe? What about Chelsea? What about Kate? What about Lexie even?

Someone please write this character off the show. There's not one good thing about him.

wkline
Member Avatar

Kenny
Jan 7 2009, 02:49 PM
A closer look at Daniel?

I'm not sure I want a closer look. I might see the crabs.
:lol:

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

I actually feel sorry for Shawn Christian. He must be so embarassed at having to say this stuff in interviews, let alone actually act out the scripts. I feel the same way about Nadia. They're both trying to make the best of a bad situation, but it must be very difficult.

Kyrai

DrewHamilton
Jan 7 2009, 02:52 PM
No one has stirred Daniel like Chloe? What about Chelsea? What about Kate? What about Lexie even?

Someone please write this character off the show. There's not one good thing about him.
I'm actually loving Daniel. Every time I see him, I'm happier that I won't be watching after the 23rd. I think they should keep him.

zyona

What the hell? It is not sexual? he only spent time with her at the Gym and at the hospital when Kate was sick,and they want us to believe that it is love? I don't think so. Didn't he tell Vic and Lexie how he felt about Chelsea now are we suppose to believe that what he is feeling for Chloe is not sexual? I guess the prerequisite for love is lyph node check.
Edited by zyona, Jan 7 2009, 03:41 PM.

Ponz
Member Avatar

zyona
Jan 7 2009, 03:31 PM
What the hell? It is not sexual? he only spent time with her at the Gym and at the hospital when Kate was sick,and they want us to believe that it is love?
That's how Higley writes. She picks these plot points but can't be bothered to go through the character development required to back them up. As a result, viewers are forced to fill in the blanks.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply