Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS:Spoilers for wk of January 19th; *UPDATED 1/16*
Topic Started: Jan 7 2009, 11:06 PM (11,699 Views)
Mason

Alligato
Jan 8 2009, 08:53 PM
Does this woman even know what she is writing?
No.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

cjknick
Member Avatar

Alligato
You know, I am with you PR. I am just glad this is finally going somewhere. I want it to move...and the biggest part I am waiting for is how is EJ going to react when he finds out both of these women were lying to him.

I think the biggest twist Dena could have done was to have Nicole tell the truth. So far, her big forecast of twists and turns in this story has been a huge load of shit! Does this woman even know what she is writing?
Apparently the twist to Dena is there is no twist. :frustration:

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

Alligato
You know, I am with you PR. I am just glad this is finally going somewhere. I want it to move...and the biggest part I am waiting for is how is EJ going to react when he finds out both of these women were lying to him.

I think the biggest twist Dena could have done was to have Nicole tell the truth. So far, her big forecast of twists and turns in this story has been a huge load of shit! Does this woman even know what she is writing?
I wish I could get excited about the story moving, but I just can't....not when I know who's writing this. It will fall flat. It will be lame. It will be predictable. Dena doesn't know sh#t from shinola........

EVERY storyline that has aired since she has been head writer has fallen flat. It might seem interesting in theory, but when it plays out.............nothing............lame...........

In a word Higley SUCKS!!!

Alligato
Member Avatar

Well, I don't get it then.
I am doing my best to enjoy this show and to look at the bright side and to find the fun in it (otherwise, I am wasting my time)...and if WE ALL can see that stories are not coming together well and are tedious, and certain length/lack of length is killing the story and characters aren't making sense, then why can't they???

Are they watching what they put out? Do they think it is good? Right about now, I would rather hear an interview with a writer and their motivations in past stories than I would hear SC pimp out his story.
What is going on!!!

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

cjknick
Jan 8 2009, 09:19 PM
Alligato

Apparently the twist to Dena is there is no twist. :frustration:
Yes . . . who knew when she said there would "twists and turns" she meant, "there will be twists and turns if you've never ever seen any TV show at all, let alone a soap opera, let alone DOOL, in your life."

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

I think she's writing those 12-17 yr olds...obviously not those have seen this SL done to death!
Liz

FLFan

:soapbox:
I am so frustrated with Days. I haven't watched for a few months now. I only read the summaries. And with how they have written off JM so poorly, and this stupid baby S/L. I can't stand to watch Melanie, Stephanie and Nicole but yet that is all that is on and unfortunately will still be on. They all bore me to tears. The Nicole Melanie show is horrific. I can only hope that after Ali's maternity leave I will be able to watch again. If Nicole gets Sami's baby that will be just wrong and will keep me turned off. They have written Lucas, EJ and basically every man on the show as a sap. What happened to the Days that had strong storylines that kept us watching. I have been a Days Fan since 1993 and this is actually the first time I have just stopped watching all together. I am now rooting for Kendall on AMC to wake up. Thanks board for letting me vent.

phloeishot
Member Avatar

Alligato
Jan 8 2009, 09:30 PM
Well, I don't get it then.
I am doing my best to enjoy this show and to look at the bright side and to find the fun in it (otherwise, I am wasting my time)...and if WE ALL can see that stories are not coming together well and are tedious, and certain length/lack of length is killing the story and characters aren't making sense, then why can't they???

Are they watching what they put out? Do they think it is good? Right about now, I would rather hear an interview with a writer and their motivations in past stories than I would hear SC pimp out his story.
What is going on!!!
Supposedly Dena doesn't watch the shows she writes for which explains a lot! :eyeroll:

Nicole Walker

Well we know how this will play out.

DOOLrox

So, NicHo is in fact going to see that Sami is preggers - doesn't bode well for the EJamlet, I fear. Soap Gods, if you're out there, PLEEEZE stop Hackley from doing a horrible baby switch S/L!!

Meanwhile instead of killing 'waste of space Rafe' they go and kill Hilda, who had actually kinda grown on me, and was the only comic relief of any sort on the entire show!

The TRAVESTY that is the Jarlena departure S/L just makes me see red. If you had told me a year ago that this could happen, I literally wouldn't have believed it. I mean, I get that by shelving Dee and Drake they save a whopping amount of money (though I still wonder if it's the best choice, and the way they told them was appalling), but what I find completely unbelievable is the SHODDY way they're going about it. Wasting all this time on some stupid psycho shrink, when I bet anyone on this board who's a Jarlena fan at all could think of 3 better answers off the top of their head!! I just saw a spoiler in another thread that said that whatever this toxin is *paralyzes* John, and so he and Marlena go to Europe for a cure. If that is true (and as it was Ange, it probably is), it means we will be deprived of ANY proper wedding scene, or even final embrace! It's sickening!

Days not only desperately needs to fire Hackley, they need to fire the dialogue writers, cuz the current ones suck. Not only are they doing stupid plot-driven character-destroying S/Ls, but they are writing the lamest dialogue I've ever heard on the show, and I've been watching for 35 years! Seriously, Kenny: Fire. Them. All.

Maybe Kenny is hoping if the show stinks badly enough, there won't be such an outcry when he finishes killing off his parents' legacy. It's the only theory I have right now that makes any sense. Kenny has always been an idiot, but this surpasses all, really.
Edited by DOOLrox, Jan 9 2009, 02:32 AM.

Ellie

DOOLrox
Jan 9 2009, 02:25 AM
The TRAVESTY that is the Jarlena departure S/L just makes me see red. If you had told me a year ago that this could happen, I literally wouldn't have believed it. I mean, I get that by shelving Dee and Drake they save a whopping amount of money (though I still wonder if it's the best choice, and the way they told them was appalling), but what I find completely unbelievable is the SHODDY way they're going about it. Wasting all this time on some stupid psycho shrink, when I bet anyone on this board who's a Jarlena fan at all could think of 3 better answers off the top of their head!! I just saw a spoiler in another thread that said that whatever this toxin is *paralyzes* John, and so he and Marlena go to Europe for a cure. If that is true (and as it was Ange, it probably is), it means we will be deprived of ANY proper wedding scene, or even final embrace! It's sickening!
EXCELLENT post, especially this paragraph. "Travesty" - perfect word. Not only will J&M likely be deprived of a "final embrace", as you put it, but they'll be deprived of an exit story! I mean, normally an "exit story" implies that the story itself leads up to the characters' exits. Are we even getting that now? I read in Prevuze that on tomorrow's show, Marlena has a talk with Maggie. I was thinking that this could be Deidre's last scene ever with Suzanne Rogers, and they've worked together since Deidre started in '76. Now, Prevuze didn't say anything about a goodbye hug between them. Know why? Because Marlena and Maggie are going to be talking about DR. CHARLOTTE TAYLOR. It's not a goodbye scene! Deidre and Drake probably won't even be able to even bid farewell to their friends and coworkers on screen. The more I think about it, the more I realize what a travesty this truly is.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

This just pisses me off to no end. I'm no big J&M fan, but it's a lousy ending. And this Nicole thing? ARGH

Dawn7
Member Avatar

thanks angie

pnelsen

I fast forword through most of the show these days. I couldn't help but notice, the number of people at Chloe and Lucas' wedding party. Chelsea, Dr. Pervert, Kate and Lucas?? Even the lighting was off. Everyone had red tone on the top of their heads. Nicole has spent 2 or 3 days in the alley with Mia and Brady. The show is moving sooooooo slow. They jump around so much with the scenes and then they are wasted. If you can't put out a good product, then I think they should bow out. I've have always been a fan of Marlena and John, Bo and Hope and especially Steve and Kayla. There is no reason for M&J not to have a proper sendoff. If they ever do bring them back in the future, I can't imagine who would be watching. I'm almost glad S&K don't have a story right now. Last year at this time we had that Ireland and plane crash story about to take place. Never thought I'd say it, but those were the "good old days".

darraholic
Member Avatar
Pennsatucky

Chloe going to Vancouver is so random. Looks like we'll start seeing NBC promoting Vancouver for the olympics.

Beth
Member Avatar

I'm in agreement with everyone else. Nothing right now is any good. Higley is slowing killing this show.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Beth
Jan 9 2009, 01:27 PM
I'm in agreement with everyone else. Nothing right now is any good. Higley is slowing killing this show.
There's nothing slow about it, IMO.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

From an anonymous source. Thanks again!

For the week of January 19th:

---Chloe got an audition in Vancouver and planned on using it as a getaway for herself and Lucas. She told Daniel her plans and he was none too happy. After a call from Sami, Lucas told Chloe he couldn't go with her - and revealed Sami's location. Later, Daniel went to Lucas with the intention of spilling the beans, while Chloe went to see Nicole and did spill the beans, about Sami's pregnancy AND her location. Daniel managed to keep his mouth shut, and later told Chloe he loved her, but wouldn't ruin her life. Unfortunately, they couldn't keep their hands off each other and made love -- again. And Kate almost caught them, again.

---Nicole was still scheming, trying to figure out how to get out of the house, pretend to give birth AND get her hands on Mia's baby. Dr. Baker warned her that if the timing was not right with Mia, the whole scam was going to blow up in her face. THEN, Nicole learned from Chloe what Sami was up to. Nicole went straight to the convent, where all her anger and hurt came out. After she overheard Sami thanking Sister Theresa for agreeing to take her baby after it was born, Nicole came up with a brand new plan. She gave the Sister the business card of the clinic where she planned on delivering HER baby. What is Nicole up to?

---After they learned that Hilda had been killed, Rafe wanted to know if Sami had done anything else to compromise her safety. She admitted she'd been to the convent - again. Rafe discovered the safe house had been compromised and rushed Sami out and back to the convent, then he came face-to-face with the killer.

---Brady showed Marlena the video of John's hypnosis session and they concluded that he DID remember, and that Charlotte lied to him. Separately, Kayla recommended John fire Charlotte. He laughed off her concerns, but still decided not to continue therapy. Meanwhile, Charlotte learned her computer had been compromised and went to confront Marlena. Brady told John that Charlotte was withholding information. John called Marlena, just as Charlotte was threatening her with a syringe filled with a toxic substance. John raced to her aid.

---John got to Marlena's, and Charlotte accidentally stabbed him, instead. He collapsed, and Bo and Hope arrived just in time to arrest Charlotte while Marlena administered CPR. John was rushed to the hospital and Kayla learned he had suffered a major stroke. Marlena kept vigil, tellin. him all about their life, love and family. He came to and remembered everything! Unfortunately, he was paralyzed from the neck down. Marlena was determined to help him recover. They said their goodbyes and left for a new adventure, reunited at last.

Ellie

Angie79
Jan 9 2009, 02:39 PM
---John got to Marlena's, and Charlotte accidentally stabbed him, instead. He collapsed, and Bo and Hope arrived just in time to arrest Charlotte while Marlena administered CPR. John was rushed to the hospital and Kayla learned he had suffered a major stroke. Marlena kept vigil, tellin. him all about their life, love and family. He came to and remembered everything! Unfortunately, he was paralyzed from the neck down. Marlena was determined to help him recover. They said their goodbyes and left for a new adventure, reunited at last.
"Charlotte accidentally stabbed him." Some posters (on various boards) were saying that a way to look at this positively might be that John saves Marlena one last time. Well, there goes that. And they say their goodbyes? Yeah, my guess is to the taxi driver who takes them to the airport.

Thanks as always, Angie.

Ellie

Oh, and "from the neck down"? So not even an embrace between them. I can't get over this. Is there any way Days could give more of an F-U to Deidre, Drake and their fans? I really don't think so.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply