Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS:Spoilers for wk of January 19th; *UPDATED 1/16*
Topic Started: Jan 7 2009, 11:06 PM (11,741 Views)
jules

Ellie
Jan 9 2009, 02:50 PM
Oh, and "from the neck down"? So not even an embrace between them. I can't get over this. Is there any way Days could give more of an F-U to Deidre, Drake and their fans? I really don't think so.
Well we wouldn't want to have them holding hands, hugging, or touching each other when they get married, would we?! I'm surprised John is not mute as well. :flipoff:
Thanks Angie.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Ellie

jules
Jan 9 2009, 02:55 PM
Well we wouldn't want to have them holding hands, hugging, or touching each other when they get married, would we?! I'm surprised John is not mute as well.
Seriously! I really can't get over this.

jules

Ellie
Jan 9 2009, 03:00 PM
jules
Well we wouldn't want to have them holding hands, hugging, or touching each other when they get married, would we?! I'm surprised John is not mute as well.
oops, I forgot (as an SLP I should know this). Most stroke victims have difficulty speaking right after the event, so he probably can't speak. :frown:

Alligato
Member Avatar

I thought Marlena and John get married! Where does that happen? In the hospital bed? The one bright spot is that I will look forward to seeing oldJohn again.

I so don't understand about Nicole giving the nun her business card where she was going to have her baby. WTF does that mean? Would a nun actually give a baby to a baby broker?

So Sami told Lucas who told Chloe who told Nicole where Sami was in WP? Sami ain't the smartest cookie, is she? And I truly hope Dan/Chloe are using protection because I can just see Chloe getting pregnant with all this secret sex.

Thanks so much, Angie! I was looking forward to this!

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

The John and Marlena wrap-up sounds even more horrid the more spoilers we get.

Sami is a fucking dumbass for still taking risks even AFTER Hilda was killed. Although why they are still at the safehouse after Hilda was apparently killed there makes no sense to me anyway.

I actually like Nicole winding up with Sami's baby but I'm not sure I understand or I like what I think I understand about how they are going about this playing out. It just sounds even more contrived than usual for Lucas to find out where Sami's safehouse is, him to tell Chloe then her to tell Nicole. Ugh.

Ellie

jules
Jan 9 2009, 03:02 PM
Ellie
Jan 9 2009, 03:00 PM
jules
oops, I forgot (as an SLP I should know this). Most stroke victims have difficulty speaking right after the event, so he probably can't speak. :frown:
I REALLY hope they don't do that to him. I'm actually guessing they won't, just because it sounds like he's able to indicate to Marlena in some way that he does remember.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

OMG!

The neck down?!?!

This is the most horrific way I've seen characters written out of a show short of being killed off......

jules

Rhiannon
Jan 9 2009, 03:07 PM
OMG!

The neck down?!?!

This is the most horrific way I've seen characters written out of a show short of being killed off......
No kidding. And since they have no intention of bringing J&M back (don't believe a word of what Corday said about them returning, they're NOT!), I wish Charlotte had just killed them both. It would have been more dignified and less hurtful than this.

squee
Member Avatar

IMissAremid
Jan 9 2009, 03:06 PM
Sami is a fucking dumbass for still taking risks even AFTER Hilda was killed.
So now John is paralyzed from the neck down and Sami is paralyzed from the neck up! If only that would render her mute :lol:

Josephinejms
Member Avatar

"...said their goodbyes and left for a new adventure, reunited at last."

Like we are supposed to be HAPPY about THAT?????????? What kind of freaking "adventure" can they leave for when John is paralyzed from the neck down? And "reunited at last" usually implies a HAPPY ENDING. Well, this sure isn't one.

Am I glad John remembers everything? HELL YES, but then to not even be able to see my favorite couple embrace each other before they leave is heartbreaking and totally unecessary. Even a kiss (hell, IF we even get one!) will suck, what with John lying on his back unable to move.

That's how your write off this couple? How can this not be an intentional "fuck you" to J&M Fans? Seriously?

Would it have killed them to have spent this last month or so just having J&M reconnect...remembering their past...and then leaving? I still can't believe they fired Drake & Deidre. But since they did, it wouldn't have hurt them to do the actors, the fans, and this iconic couple (whether they want to admit it or not) justice.

Instead, we get a dumbass storyline with Marlena's dumbass replacement (Charlotte) with a quick one or two day ending that while restoring John's memories, totally obliterates everything else.

I mean, can you imagine that meeting?
-----------------
(Ken Corday): "How should we wrap up John & Marlena and send them off?"

(Only Sane Writer on the staff): "Well, John should probably remember, and they probably should get remarried..."

(Dena Higley): "Okay, fine. I guess. But I'm going to waste precious time in the last month and make them hate each other. And I'm going to make sure to shove the new pyschiatrist down everyone's throats to make sure they know she's gonna be the new Marlena"

(Sane Writer): "Well, okay, but we should probably at least have something big happen to just J&M so we can give the fans something before they leave..."

(Higley): "Okay, I'll make Charlotte turn bad and try to do something to Marlena."

(Sane Writer): "Hey, that's a good idea. We could use that as a way to have heroic John return and save Marlena, like they've saved each other before..."

(Higley): "Huh? I've never had them save each other."

(Sane Writer): "I mean in their pasts, they've continually saved each other. Like Marlena saving John before with his memories and life, and her saving him from Stefano at Maison Blanche, and like John saving Marlena from Orpheus in Stockholm, from Stella and the pit, from Kristen and the secret...."

(Higley): "Maison What? What are you rambling about? History means nothing to my characters. I write them the way I please, and I say they don't save each other!!!!! I will have John accidentally trip as he goes to get a drink, and he'll get in the way of Charlotte stabbing Marlena."

(Sane Writer): "Well, why are you going to even have him accidentally get in the way if you don't want him to save Marlena or for Marlena to save him? That doesn't make any sense!"

(Higley): "BECAUSE, you Idiot...I need to have something happen to John so..."

(Sane Writer): "Oh, I see where you are going now. You want something to happen to John so he can regain his memories and then they can be happily reunited and we can finally give the fans a love scene!! Brilliant!"

(Higely): "Well........yes.....and NO. He's going to have a stroke..."

(Sane Writer): "Huh?"

(Higley): "The stroke is for his memories to return, but then I'm going to have him...get this LOL...I'm going to have him PARALYZED from the neck down after that!!!!!"

(Sane Writer): "You're gonna WHAT? WHY????"

(Higley): "Because then that way, J&M will not be able to make love, EVER, and they will not even be able to embrace before they leave!"

(Sane Writer): "Why the hell would you want to do that? It doesn't make any sense. We fired the actors (which was stupid, by the way) and we are writing J&M off the show...so why not give the fans what they want? I think they deserve it after the last few years."

(Higley): "I get to say who deserves a payoff and what kind. What are you complaining about? I'm giving John his memories back and going to let J&M get remarried."

(Sane Writer): "That's good, but not good enough when while they are getting remarried John will be in a hospital bed like a vegetable and they won't be able to hug, and will barely be able to kiss. What kind of final scene are they going to have? Marlena wheeling him out on the runway as the sun sets?"

(Higley): "Well, that would qualify as riding off into the sunset, right? What's the problem?"

(Sane Writer): "Nevermind. I quit."

Mason
Member Avatar

From the neck down?

Are you freaking kidding me?

Fuck off, Higley. Just fuck off.

Ellie

Josephinejms, LOVE it! The sad part is how much truth there probably is to it. Seriously, what in the WORLD was Days thinking with this? Or as a friend of mine likes to say, clearly, thinking was not involved.

Kyrai

Ellie
Jan 9 2009, 04:05 PM
Josephinejms, LOVE it! The sad part is how much truth there probably is to it. Seriously, what in the WORLD was Days thinking with this? Or as a friend of mine likes to say, clearly, thinking was not involved.
Seems like there was a LOT of thinking involved to me. They put a lot of effort into saying 'stuff you' to their fans.

I don't think there is any way this isn't intentionally mean-spirited and hurtful and directed at the John and Marlena fans. I'm beyond shocked. I'm sick and disgusted.

cjknick
Member Avatar

I bet that Corday is going to be on Vaca Jan 23rd! Hell he's probably on vaca now!

Ok how in the hell does almost everyone in Salem now know where Sami is and she is still Alive???

cjknick
Member Avatar

squee
Jan 9 2009, 03:13 PM
IMissAremid
Jan 9 2009, 03:06 PM
Sami is a fucking dumbass for still taking risks even AFTER Hilda was killed.
So now John is paralyzed from the neck down and Sami is paralyzed from the neck up! If only that would render her mute :lol:
They should have paralyzed Dan and Chloe and spared us the forth coming groping and nasty sex scenes!

Ellie

Kyrai
Jan 9 2009, 04:13 PM
Ellie
Jan 9 2009, 04:05 PM
Seems like there was a LOT of thinking involved to me. They put a lot of effort into saying 'stuff you' to their fans.

I don't think there is any way this isn't intentionally mean-spirited and hurtful and directed at the John and Marlena fans. I'm beyond shocked. I'm sick and disgusted.
Oh, I think you're absolutely right, and I didn't at all mean to imply otherwise. There is no way this is just some random bad storyline that just happens to feature John paralyzed. Whoever is responsible for this seems to have it in for Drake, Deidre and their fans.

Ponz
Member Avatar

Angie79
Jan 9 2009, 02:39 PM
---John got to Marlena's, and Charlotte accidentally stabbed him, instead. He collapsed, and Bo and Hope arrived just in time to arrest Charlotte while Marlena administered CPR. John was rushed to the hospital and Kayla learned he had suffered a major stroke. Marlena kept vigil, tellin. him all about their life, love and family. He came to and remembered everything!Unfortunately, he was paralyzed from the neck down. Marlena was determined to help him recover. They said their goodbyes and left for a new adventure, reunited at last.
It's like they hired Ebenezer Scrooge to write J&M's exit. "Let's see, how can we make this as miserable and unsatisfying as possible for their long-time fans?". It's disgraceful even by Corday standards.

Jiggs
Member Avatar

Oh yes, my dream ending! John in diapers and a feeding tube as they leave town on an adventure to find a cure for paralysis! I'm sated by the thought of them adventurously sitting in hospital rooms and consulting with foreign doctors and all the romance that entails! What more can you ask in a happy ever after? Thank you Dena, you are the genius after all!!! I don't know why I didn't see it before!

esp13
Member Avatar

I'm totally cracking up here and not because I like J&M's exit story, just that it's so ridiculously bad and insulting that I keep waiting for somebody to jump out and say "you've been punked" or something. Nothing says love and appreciation that paralyzing somebody from the neck down and then sending them out of town. This was the best they could do? Really?

Somewhere in the back of my mind, I hear this voice telling me this is all a set-up. They are doing it this way so, in a few months, Ken can trumpet the return of John and Marlena with some big story about how John miraculously gets his feeling back just as he saves Marlena from something or somebody.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

JohnandMarlenaFreak
Member Avatar

Jiggs
Jan 9 2009, 06:20 PM
Oh yes, my dream ending! John in diapers and a feeding tube as they leave town on an adventure to find a cure for paralysis! I'm sated by the thought of them adventurously sitting in hospital rooms and consulting with foreign doctors and all the romance that entails! What more can you ask in a happy ever after? Thank you Dena, you are the genius after all!!! I don't know why I didn't see it before!
HAHA,Nice and TRUE Avatar. :rockon: :D

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Learn More · Sign-up Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply