Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS:Spoilers for wk of January 19th; *UPDATED 1/16*
Topic Started: Jan 7 2009, 11:06 PM (11,797 Views)
Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

There's still many possibilities in the baby-switch SL...
1. There's the one where Nicole switches the babies, then her lies are exposed and Sami/EJ bond over the baby (I think that's a stretch?!)

2. Nicole unknowingly gets Sami's baby, then finds out when the baby gets her checkup...she doesnt do anything about and just keeps EJ in the dark. They get married and have a month before AS returns, mad as hell at Sister T because of the switch. Rafe VOWS to help her look for her baby and finds out that Nicole adopted it. Nicole and EJ are in bliss, then Sami makes claims on the baby. Nicole confesses to EJ...EJ thinks about it and goes w/Nicole because she has played all her cards and is desperate. They have a marriage in name only because EJ cant stand her but it gets him his little girl.
3. Nicole losses everything but they get married and she gets a BIG chunk of the DiMera empire and goes bad ass boss lady on the DiMeras!!! (HELLL YA!!!)

I still see lots of possibilities...but I also see what everyone's talking about...the LAZY ASS WRITING!!! It can be lame and predictable!!!
Liz
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Beth
Member Avatar

Well said esp13

Ponz
Member Avatar

jane1978
Jan 12 2009, 06:09 PM
Yes. No lies, no babyswitching. No story.

Sorry, but not liking that idea at all. The most important question any soap writer has to always ask is "and what will happen next?"

This why I donīt understand when people say things like, Why couldnīt Nicol simply tell the truth? Why couldnīt Chloe and Lucas simply brake up? Because the intention of writers isnīt to make things simple and easy. Just contrary. Writers are taught to ask "what is the worse thing which could possible happen" and go for it, not trying to find the easiest solution.

Wow, I could not disagree more. Great writers always see the plot as simply a vehicle to develop the characters and explore relationships. The primary question is never "what happens next?" but "how will the next plot point impact on the characters? It's a perennial DOOL trait to consistently overplot rather than allowing the psychology of the story to speak for himself. Compare Zack's death to the BJ story on GH in the mid-90's. The plots were virtually identical yet whereas GH focused on the tragedy and its fallout, DAYS veered off into a pointless and trashy quad involving Billie and Patrick. You don't have to pad a story with lies, secrets and misunderstandings to make it complex or dramatic. If anything, these plot devices typically distract from the real human drama of a story.

Kyrai

Ponz
Jan 13 2009, 12:28 PM
jane1978
Jan 12 2009, 06:09 PM
Yes. No lies, no babyswitching. No story.

Sorry, but not liking that idea at all. The most important question any soap writer has to always ask is "and what will happen next?"

This why I donīt understand when people say things like, Why couldnīt Nicol simply tell the truth? Why couldnīt Chloe and Lucas simply brake up? Because the intention of writers isnīt to make things simple and easy. Just contrary. Writers are taught to ask "what is the worse thing which could possible happen" and go for it, not trying to find the easiest solution.

Wow, I could not disagree more. Great writers always see the plot as simply a vehicle to develop the characters and explore relationships. The primary question is never "what happens next?" but "how will the next plot point impact on the characters? It's a perennial DOOL trait to consistently overplot rather than allowing the psychology of the story to speak for himself. Compare Zack's death to the BJ story on GH in the mid-90's. The plots were virtually identical yet whereas GH focused on the tragedy and its fallout, DAYS veered off into a pointless and trashy quad involving Billie and Patrick. You don't have to pad a story with lies, secrets and misunderstandings to make it complex or dramatic. If anything, these plot devices typically distract from the real human drama of a story.
Well said.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Daytime Dial spoilers

NEXT WEEK:

DAYS WILL BE PRE-EMPTED ON TUESDAY, 1/20.

* Chloe gets an audition in Vancouver and decides to get away.

* Rafe faces off with the killer.

* Charlotte flies off the deep end and takes a lethal syringe to Marlena’s townhouse.

* Kate warns Lucas about keeping Sami in his life.

Thursday – Nicole learns Sami’s whereabouts and decides to pay her a visit.

Friday – John and Marlena say goodbye to Salem.

http://daytimedial.blogspot.com/

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Episode titles for week of 1/26:

Monday - "Rafe is Tortured"

Tuesday - "Mia and Sami"

Mason
Member Avatar

Angie79
Jan 13 2009, 11:16 PM
You mean being stuck in a loft with Sami 24/7 isn't torture enough?

Ellie

I just instinctively looked for the J&M spoilers in your post Angie. Sigh. :frownie:
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

ges
Member Avatar

Mason
Jan 13 2009, 11:17 PM
Angie79
You mean being stuck in a loft with Sami 24/7 isn't torture enough?
:lol:

Dayzfan
Member Avatar

"CHloe has an audition in Vancouver and decides to get away"

Dena's next move: get Dan and Kate back together,then Chloe comes back and spoils it for them,OR Daniel follows Chloe to Vancouver

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Dayzfan
Jan 14 2009, 02:53 PM
"CHloe has an audition in Vancouver and decides to get away"

Dena's next move: get Dan and Kate back together,then Chloe comes back and spoils it for them,OR Daniel follows Chloe to Vancouver

All in favor of the latter say "aye" (AYE!!) :wave:

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Angie79
Episode titles for week of 1/26:

Tuesday - "Mia and Sami"
Wednesday - "Difficult Delivery"

Ellie

Here is a picture of J&M next week (from TV Guide):

Posted Image

cassie1013

OMG, I am taking leadership here and officially ban-ing Dr. Creepy from EVER coming to Vancouver LOL!

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

They can always get into an accident on the way to Vancouver, nearly die, and wind up injured for life. It's so romantic when one half of a couple/potential couple almost dies. Then, they can go to a foreign country for medical care. That would be the most perfect happy ending- I hope it happens for Chloe/Dan soon.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Daily Spoilers

Monday, Janaury 19th
Sami and Rafe learn that Hilda was murdered; Brady and Marlena watch the tape of John's hypnotherapy session; John decides to confront Charlotte; Mia calls Nicole and tells her she's gone into labor.

Tuesday, January 20th
NO SHOW

Wednesday, January 21st
Brady tells John that Charlotte is withholding information from him; Charlotte confronts Marlena; E.J. tells Nicole he wants to be present when their baby is born; Chloe gets an audition in Vancouver.

Thursday, January 22nd
John is rushed to the hospital; Hope and Bo arrest Charlotte; Nicole discovers that Sami is pregnant with E.J.'s baby; Daniel considers telling Lucas about his affair with Chloe.

Friday, January 23rd
Nicole considers confronting Sami; Marlena decides to take John to Europe for treatment; Kate warns Lucas about keeping Sami in his life.

Ellie

Thanks Angie.

"Marlena decides to take John to Europe for treatment"?!? How about "TWO CHARACTERS WHO HAVE BEEN ON THE SHOW FOR OVER 20 YEARS SAY FAREWELL"?? I just can't get over the way the show seems to be minimizing this. They make it sound like in two weeks, J&M will return from Europe!

Mason
Member Avatar

Ellie
Jan 16 2009, 04:03 PM
Thanks Angie.

"Marlena decides to take John to Europe for treatment"?!? How about "TWO CHARACTERS WHO HAVE BEEN ON THE SHOW FOR OVER 20 YEARS SAY FAREWELL"?? I just can't get over the way the show seems to be minimizing this. They make it sound like in two weeks, J&M will return from Europe!
I feel the same way. It's just a travesty.

Ellie

Mason
Jan 16 2009, 04:12 PM
Ellie
Jan 16 2009, 04:03 PM
Thanks Angie.

I feel the same way. It's just a travesty.
It really is. I understand on some level why they're doing this - I'm sure they don't want a ratings drop, so they're probably just trying to 'hide' the fact that J&M are leaving. HOWEVER. You have to balance the fear about the ratings with the respect they owe two people who are very much responsible for the show's past success over the LAST THREE DECADES. And if Corday and crew are so afraid of a ratings drop, then they shouldn't fire D&D in the first place!! Corday has sacrificed whatever shred of integrity he had left to save himself from a ratings drop, one which will likely happen anyway because of his choice in head writers.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

These spoilers minimize everything to begin with. They are just references to the action of the day. It's not like it's a major article on the subject so I wouldn't expect them to maker a big deal out of any sort of spoiler or preview of this nature.

This is a big deal and I hate what is happening too but I don't see the problem with the way the spoiler was worded.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply