Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS:Spoilers for wk of January 19th; *UPDATED 1/16*
Topic Started: Jan 7 2009, 11:06 PM (11,755 Views)
Ellie

PhoenixRising05
Jan 16 2009, 04:17 PM
These spoilers minimize everything to begin with. They are just references to the action of the day. It's not like it's a major article on the subject so I wouldn't expect them to maker a big deal out of any sort of spoiler or preview of this nature.

This is a big deal and I hate what is happening too but I don't see the problem with the way the spoiler was worded.
The problem is not the length, but what they chose to focus on. The "main event" of the day is J&M leaving Salem for good. They could have talked about any aspect of that. Instead, it sounds like, on this show, Marlena googles treatment places and decides on Europe. I mean, it doesn't even mention that they're actually going to leave!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Sindacco
Member Avatar

Ellie
Jan 16 2009, 04:24 PM
PhoenixRising05
These spoilers minimize everything to begin with. They are just references to the action of the day. It's not like it's a major article on the subject so I wouldn't expect them to maker a big deal out of any sort of spoiler or preview of this nature.

This is a big deal and I hate what is happening too but I don't see the problem with the way the spoiler was worded.
The problem is not the length, but what they chose to focus on. The "main event" of the day is J&M leaving Salem for good. They could have talked about any aspect of that. Instead, it sounds like, on this show, Marlena googles treatment places and decides on Europe. I mean, it doesn't even mention that they're actually going to leave!
These daily spoilers aren't supposed to reveal everything that happens in the episodes. There have been (I don't how many) lots of different articles about them leaving and their exit scenes so why should they type that in the daily spoilers?

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Sindacco
Jan 16 2009, 04:29 PM
Ellie
Jan 16 2009, 04:24 PM
PhoenixRising05

These daily spoilers aren't supposed to reveal everything that happens in the episodes. There have been (I don't how many) lots of different articles about them leaving and their exit scenes so why should they type that in the daily spoilers?
Exactly.

These spoilers have always been like this. They never are meant to be anything more then vague references to what happens on that day. They are the same things you see on your TV when you look at your guide.

Ellie

Sindacco
If the point of the spoilers is not to reveal anything, then that means that whatever the spoiler doesn't say is the "surprise" part. I agree with you that that's how it works. However, here, that would mean that the "surprise" is that J&M are leaving Salem. I think it's completely disrespectful to Deidre and Drake for the show to make their leaving the "surprise". I know there have been articles, but none of those have been written by the show or NBC. Spoilers are written by the show, so here is their chance to show their gratitude and respect to the actors. But they've chosen not to do that.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Ellie
Jan 16 2009, 04:34 PM
Sindacco
If the point of the spoilers is not to reveal anything, then that means that whatever the spoiler doesn't say is the "surprise" part. I agree with you that that's how it works. However, here, that would mean that the "surprise" is that J&M are leaving Salem. I think it's completely disrespectful to Deidre and Drake for the show to make their leaving the "surprise". I know there have been articles, but none of those have been written by the show or NBC. Spoilers are written by the show, so here is their chance to show their gratitude and respect to the actors. But they've chosen not to do that.
NBC and Days feed that info to the mags so, yes, those are affiliated with them. NBC and Days had a promo last week promoting the farewell and no doubt will have one this week.

These spoilers are just general. They aren't published anywhere or read widely unless you are online.

I really don't get the big deal. Yes, this is important but to expect these spoilers (which are known to be just general, vague references) to be different just because they are leaving...not happening. There has been plenty of promotion and publicity. it really doesn't need anymore and I certainly wouldn't expect it from spoilers like this. They aren't even really spoilers as much as they are "peeks" into next week.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

Anyone who's on these boards knows that J&M are out because it has been posted. Are you talking about J&M fans that aren't on the internet? Because they won't read the daily spoilers either so it doesn't really matter if those are written by the show or not.

Ellie

Sindacco
Jan 16 2009, 04:44 PM
Anyone who's on these boards knows that J&M are out because it has been posted. Are you talking about J&M fans that aren't on the internet? Because they won't read the daily spoilers either so it doesn't really matter if those are written by the show or not.
No, these go in the TV magazines. I think these are from TV Guide. (Maybe Canadian TV Guide - I'm not sure.)

Sindacco
Member Avatar

So they are in magazines, just like the SOW and SOD articles about J&M leaving.

Ellie

PhoenixRising05
Jan 16 2009, 04:41 PM
There has been plenty of promotion and publicity.
But there hasn't been! That's my point here. In terms of, what has NBC or Days done to promote this, I can think of ONE THING: "Celebrate the final days of John and Marlena. Days of Our Lives." in last week's promo. That's it! Now, another way they could promote it is the spoilers, but they've missed that chance. Another way is on the NBC site or the Sony daysofourlives site, but there's no mention there either. I think all of this adds up to a larger picture of their trying to minimize and/or hide this, as I wrote above.

You know what else this spoiler makes me wonder - do we even see them leave? :huh1: I wonder how much of an "exit scene" it really is!

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Ellie
Jan 16 2009, 04:45 PM
Sindacco
Jan 16 2009, 04:44 PM
No, these go in the TV magazines. I think these are from TV Guide. (Maybe Canadian TV Guide - I'm not sure.)
These aren't for mags.

The CDN TV Guide ones, which are even more less detailed then these, would be labeled as such. These are just daily spoilers Angie posts every week. I think they may be ones you would see on your TV if you highlight the program and click for details but they aren't exactly out there for the world to see nor are they often looked at beyond the internet, I would think.

Mason
Member Avatar

Ellie
Jan 16 2009, 04:50 PM
PhoenixRising05
But there hasn't been! That's my point here. In terms of, what has NBC or Days done to promote this, I can think of ONE THING: "Celebrate the final days of John and Marlena. Days of Our Lives." in last week's promo. That's it!
A promo that was shared with the Daniel/Chloe fuckfest, no less.

Ellie

Sindacco
Jan 16 2009, 04:48 PM
Right, except this comes from the show. See my post above - my point is that NBC/Days is missing this opportunity to promote this. You were saying that these only go on the internet, so I corrected that. But the point remains that the show is missing many opportunities to promote this or pay tribute to Deidre and Drake.

Ellie

Mason
Jan 16 2009, 04:51 PM
Ellie
PhoenixRising05
But there hasn't been! That's my point here. In terms of, what has NBC or Days done to promote this, I can think of ONE THING: "Celebrate the final days of John and Marlena. Days of Our Lives." in last week's promo. That's it!
A promo that was shared with the Daniel/Chloe fuckfest, no less.
VERY TRUE! J&M got less than half of that promo.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

The daily spoilers are from tv listings.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

Ellie
PhoenixRising05
But there hasn't been! That's my point here. In terms of, what has NBC or Days done to promote this, I can think of ONE THING: "Celebrate the final days of John and Marlena. Days of Our Lives." in last week's promo. That's it! Now, another way they could promote it is the spoilers, but they've missed that chance. Another way is on the NBC site or the Sony daysofourlives site, but there's no mention there either. I think all of this adds up to a larger picture of their trying to minimize and/or hide this, as I wrote above.

You know what else this spoiler makes me wonder - do we even see them leave? :huh1: I wonder how much of an "exit scene" it really is!
Phoneix is right, there has been plenty of promotion and publicity. Not from NBC or Sony, so what? I don't remember there being that for other actors, except cakes which the DH's didn't want.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Ellie
PhoenixRising05

Wow...do I disagree.

They promoted this just like every other big event in the past 5 years or so. They got a ton of national coverage when they were fired so why should NBC and Days push this anymore. They got magazine covers. They are all over the net. I mean, Ellie, I get it. Your upset. Many are. Maybe your right and there should be more but what does that have to do with these spoilers, which never given you more then this for ANYONE or ANYTHING? Your expecting more from previews that would never given it you anyway LOL.

Also, wasn't there a big debate in the promo thread last week about whether the show was hiding this and you claimed they weren't? I remember King and others going on and on about this and you disagreed and now you've seemed to change your view. Maybe I'm wrong because I haven't been posting much but I believe that was the case.

Ellie

Sindacco
Jan 16 2009, 04:53 PM
Phoneix is right, there has been plenty of promotion and publicity. Not from NBC or Sony, so what? I don't remember there being that for other actors, except cakes which the DH's didn't want.
"So what?" SO, we're talking about two people who have each worked at the show over twenty years. That's why I think they deserve publicity from the show, as I've been saying.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

I really can't wait until this is over.

Yes, this is really a big deal and all and I hate the exit they are getting too but I don't know what the big deal is about how these spoilers were done. They are never more then what we see here. Never.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

The daily spoilers are from tv listings and I am not sure if they are printed in any magazine. I do think they come up on the TV Guide website in there listings. Not this early though (probaby the beginning of the week it is for).

Sindacco
Member Avatar

Ellie
Jan 16 2009, 04:51 PM
Sindacco
Jan 16 2009, 04:48 PM
Right, except this comes from the show. See my post above - my point is that NBC/Days is missing this opportunity to promote this. You were saying that these only go on the internet, so I corrected that. But the point remains that the show is missing many opportunities to promote this or pay tribute to Deidre and Drake.
See this is what I don't get. You seem upset because they (as in Sony/NBC) didn't pay Drake and Deidre a tribute, but they didn't do that to all the other actors that have been fired, at least not the past years. Why should Drake and Deidre be treated as royalties when others weren't? Is it because they are long time vets? So were Thaao, Renee, John and Matthew when they were fired, and more than once. Is it because they are a "supercouple"? Jack was part of a supercouple too but not the others. Is it because J&M have one of the most vocal fan base?

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply